Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901318 times)

walkonby

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2070 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:11 pm »
i am just now finding pandora to be a neat site since i can hook my phone into my car and not worry about the shitty equipment that sirius has been putting out.  are there other cool, good apps for listening to music or perhaps podcasts?  all i see is a whole crapload of things, but not sure which are worth my phone's free space.  i've only found one that has fitzsimmons and carolla podcasts, but not sure if they are actually worth listening to.  and i have a blackberry.  yeah, i know . . . boo.
Try slacker Radio.  There's an app for blackberry.  Not quite the wow factor of pandora, basically just genre stations  similar to the types of stations on xm/sirius.  But free (i think, it was installed on my phone when i got it) and streaming...

coolio . . .thanks.  somebody else told me that would be my best bet.  is it just me, or is sirius really biting the big one here lately?

vansmack

« Reply #2071 on: January 11, 2011, 05:23:37 pm »
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2072 on: January 11, 2011, 05:35:07 pm »
something to kill the last hour or so of work. thanks man
o/\o

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda

vansmack

« Reply #2074 on: January 12, 2011, 02:46:05 pm »
Any predictions Smackie?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/12/sprint-promises-industry-first-at-february-7th-event/#disqus_thread

I KNOW!!  I'm so excited....

I'm working on three predictions right now:

(1) First 4G tablet?
(2) First Windows Phone 7 with 4G?
(3) Simply Everything Plan at $69.99 will include unlimited minutes to go with unlimited text and data?
27>34

chaz

« Reply #2075 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:50 pm »
Any predictions Smackie?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/12/sprint-promises-industry-first-at-february-7th-event/#disqus_thread

(1) First 4G tablet?
(3) Simply Everything Plan at $69.99 will include unlimited minutes to go with unlimited text and data?

Hah...love the comment about the epic getting froyo...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2076 on: January 12, 2011, 02:54:01 pm »
those are all solid guesses, but none of them strike me as something that would warrant all the hype, the special event, david blaine, etc.  they use the phrase "will show you the impossible is possible", whereas guesses #1 and two are inevitable and #3 ain't all that...

although it would be entertaining if it was something underwhealming.  blaine could pull off some riduculous stunt - holding his breath for 4 hours in a tank full of sharks while defusing a nuclear bomb - and pop out to reveal <cue the trumpets> YES, IT'S TRUE - UNLIMITED MINUTES!!! 
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #2077 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:16 pm »

That stung a little, yes.

(I've been running the DK17 kernel of Froyo for some time now and it's very stable.  Not sure what the holdup is unless they're adding Sprint ID or something.)
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2078 on: January 12, 2011, 03:06:46 pm »
those are all solid guesses, but none of them strike me as something that would warrant all the hype, the special event, david blaine, etc.  they use the phrase "will show you the impossible is possible", whereas guesses #1 and two are inevitable and #3 ain't all that...

The only other thing would be speeding WIMAX up to some crazy ass speed, or running a dual WiMax/LTE network, but that's so techie that I think you need something the people will understand.
27>34

chaz

« Reply #2079 on: January 12, 2011, 03:07:37 pm »

That stung a little, yes.

(I've been running the DK17 kernel of Froyo for some time now and it's very stable.  Not sure what the holdup is unless they're adding Sprint ID or something.)
I rolled with the evo and then the epic for a few weeks back in the fall.  Nice, but alas, not for me.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2080 on: January 12, 2011, 03:17:19 pm »
The only other thing would be speeding WIMAX up to some crazy ass speed

i think they could spin that one into making "the impossible possible" - "you thought that internet on your phone could never be be faster than your cable modem???" or some such.

although you'd think it's impossible to keep such a speed jump under wraps.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2081 on: January 12, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »
you'd think it's impossible to keep such a speed jump under wraps.
maybe thats why they need david blaine
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2082 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:52 pm »
I was going to ask in the iphone thread what sprint might have up their sleeve and now i know what day to wait for  :D
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2083 on: January 18, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »

(1) First 4G tablet?

The hot rumor over the weekend was that it will be the first 3D screen on a phone, possibly by HTC.

I'm still going with 4G Tablet with dual core processor and Honeycomb, probably by Samsung.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2084 on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »
hypothetically speaking:

person X and person Y have recently started dating and things are going quite well between them.  late one night, X calls Y and says "help, i'm in a bar and i've had too much to drink.  please come get me."  Y thinks "well this is a little weird and a tad awkward, but i'm not going to abandon my new friend" and hops in the car to go pick up drunk X.  upon entering the bar, X's friends confirm that things have gotten a little sloppy and Y probably should help X get home (X shouldn't and probably couldn't get home on their own).  just as they pull up to X's apartment, X remembers that the friends at the bar took away X's keys to prevent any drunken attempts at driving home.  thus, X is locked out of the apartment and it's too late and too far to go back to the bar.  Y draws the logical conclusion: "uh, i guess this means you wanna crash at my place, huh?" 

best move ever?
<sig>