Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901257 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2370 on: September 19, 2011, 05:29:56 pm »
i do more in one day, than you do, i'm sure.

No.  That's impossible.

anything else, smarty mcfarty?

Yes.  As a matter of fact....

Brian

is that your hand?  you have nice long fingers . . . i bet you have a huge, thick cock.   :D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2371 on: September 19, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »
speaking of games

did sweetcell know about this?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ccasey123/daft-punk-song-creator

vansmack

« Reply #2372 on: September 21, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »
Pandora has lifted the 40 hour limit for non-premium users.

That's competition in action.  You can thank Spotify and the realization that Pandora makes more money from non-subscribers than they do premium members.  Pandora One will not be $36 a year for much longer.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2373 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:37 pm »
Oh, and you can now check out eBooks from 11,000 public libraries (via their web site) and send them to your Kindle.  Incredible.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2374 on: September 22, 2011, 12:10:16 pm »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2375 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »
Interesting thoughts...

Netflix split to set up Amazon streaming merger?

I was just thinking more about this and it makes perfect sense.  Netflix already uses Amazon's cloud services for storage and Network bandwidth.  That has to be their second largest expense after the movie licenses (at least with the streaming stuff). 

No more two storage locations, two separate bandwidth streams, no more two licenses with the studios.  Might be the easiest merger/aquisition of all time.

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2376 on: September 23, 2011, 01:32:50 pm »
And just like that it's on...

Dish said to plan Blockbuster Rival to Netflix

That explains netflix losing starz this morning....

As of right now, this is limited to Dish Network Subscribers

That sound you heard was me banging my head against the wall....repeatedly.
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2377 on: September 23, 2011, 05:23:49 pm »
I know this isnt totally related to most your things - but have you seen the band Painted Palms live? Theyre from SF and very buzz-worthy at the moment. Am hearing things about some amazing show, so was just curious if I *had* to see them at CMJ?!
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #2378 on: September 23, 2011, 05:28:41 pm »
I know this isnt totally related to most your things - but have you seen the band Painted Palms live? Theyre from SF and very buzz-worthy at the moment. Am hearing things about some amazing show, so was just curious if I *had* to see them at CMJ?!

Sorry, can't help make your mind up as I haven't seem them live.

PM TicketFly Amy...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2379 on: September 23, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »
Pandora has lifted the 40 hour limit for non-premium users.

That's competition in action.  You can thank Spotify and the realization that Pandora makes more money from non-subscribers than they do premium members.  Pandora One will not be $36 a year for much longer.
pandora fixed their only flaw. pretty happy
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2380 on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:50 am »
I've got the moves like Jagger.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2381 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:24 pm »
God, I hope this is true....

Amazon Prime Getting Fox TV Content

Also hidden in the press release....

"and newly available on digital video, "The Wonder Years."

If I'm getting my Winnie Cooper on, all bets are off.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2382 on: September 28, 2011, 12:29:18 pm »
My advice, as usual, never buy a first gen Amazon product - the second gen will follow shortly (say Feb\Mar) and will likely be a better deal.  Thus, stay away from the 7 inch Fire and wait for the 10 inch Fire, which will likely come out at the same price in the Spring.

But jump on the Kindle Touch and the Kindle and the Kindle Keyboard.  They are really priced well below their actual value. 

And I rarely say this, but buy the "Special Offers" version.  The ads are only the screen saver and a small banner on the home page.  They do not appear while you are reading.  And truthfully, I've purchased three of the special offers so far, thus reducing the price of my Kindle.  Should be free by May....
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2383 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:34 pm »
thanks to the almighty vansmack, i purchased a galaxy 2 epic touch phone thing.  so far, so impressed.  thank you!  the screen is awesome the feel is light and sexxxy.  now . . . can you point me in the direction of an equally awesome case?  i was not aware of the whole sticky screen protector sheets that you have to find a youtube video to properly put on.  someone told me they are horrible, they make the screen hard to see over time.  is that all there is for screen protectors.  i was certain i saw a case for an iphone that had a thin sheet of plastic something built into the case, so when you snapped it into place, there you were.  no bubbles, and it comes off and back on. 

sorry about the length of the post, but your opinions about the best cases for my new phone would be greatly appreciated and surely top notch.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:41:08 pm by walkonby »

vansmack

« Reply #2384 on: September 29, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »
can you point me in the direction of an equally awesome case?  

The only one I've seen in person is the "Phone Cover Kickstand" that Sprint sells.  I generally don't care for hard cover cases though, but that's one of the nicest one's I've seen. 

I prefer TPU cases (Thermoplastic polyurethanes).  Instead of a regular "gel" case which will collect dirt and get grimey, the TPU case is good mix of the soft feel qualities of a gel case, with the durability and protection of the hard case.  And it doesn't collect dirt, but it does add a bit of thickness to your super-sleek phone, so weigh that against the thinner hard case.

As far as screen protectors, you really don't need one for that phone because it's made of Gorilla Glass which is scratch resistant, especially with a TPU case as it prevents your screen from touching the surface if you lay it face down.  That being said, some people still like screen protectors to keep keys and coins in the pocket from scratching the screen.  They tend to use the harder plastic ones instead of the softer plastic ones based on the bubbling.  Check out companies like sedio, bodyguardz or invisibleshield, as they have great reputations.  Sorry I'm not much more help here, but I don't use screen protectors on my phone.
27>34