Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1902554 times)

atomic

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #3060 on: November 01, 2013, 04:51:35 pm »
Are we still posting World Series comments and questions here? If so:

1. A question about the bug-eyed Red Sox starter from last night who looks like a meth using Appalachian hillbilly: Is that Vaseline he has in his hair, and does he use it on the ball?

2. Anybody else have a wife who has the hots for the Red Sox manager? Even the straightest guy here would have to admit he's better looking than any of his players.

2.  Uh no.  He is an old dude.  Only baseball related player my wife ever mentioned was Chris Davis and she said he only looks good when his hat is on.  Your wife probably likes  him because he is tall.  Women love tall dudes.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:54:55 pm by atomic »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3061 on: November 01, 2013, 04:53:05 pm »

1. A question about the bug-eyed Red Sox starter from last night who looks like a meth using Appalachian hillbilly: Is that Vaseline he has in his hair, and does he use it on the ball?

2. Anybody else have a wife who has the hots for the Red Sox manager? Even the straightest guy here would have to admit he's better looking than any of his players.

vansmack

« Reply #3062 on: November 03, 2013, 07:46:37 pm »
I've always been partial to catchers, so I think the Nat's should hire Brad Ausmus.  He's studied under Bud Black, whom I also admire, and I think he's ready.

I think the Tigers have known about Skip's departure and will go with Gene Lamont.  Or they may give it to Larry Parrish, but as a former catcher, I like Lamont.

Pretty surprised that the Tigers went with Ausmus.  He'll have a fairly short rope.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #3063 on: November 03, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »
She says he looks like he should be on Mad Men.

He's only 51. That's about the same as you.

2.  Uh no.  He is an old dude.  Only baseball related player my wife ever mentioned was Chris Davis and she said he only looks good when his hat is on.  Your wife probably likes  him because he is tall.  Women love tall dudes.

atomic

« Reply #3064 on: November 04, 2013, 11:30:40 am »
She says he looks like he should be on Mad Men.

He's only 51. That's about the same as you.

He is 16 years older than my wife.  And he certainly doesn't look younger than his age.  Are you surprised she wouldn't be attracted to him? 

hutch

« Reply #3065 on: November 04, 2013, 12:38:19 pm »
I thought he was older

vansmack

« Reply #3066 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:52 am »
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3067 on: November 08, 2013, 06:35:34 pm »
good call on the anvil listerine.  omg.

vansmack

« Reply #3068 on: November 08, 2013, 06:38:52 pm »
good call on the anvil listerine.  omg.

Bad Girl and Hello Kitty are my favorites.  For now.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3069 on: November 15, 2013, 06:43:05 pm »
For the iPhone folks:

Google Play Music comes to iPhone One month free too.

I've used it since it's inception and absolutley love the mix of uploading stuff they don't have and simply adding what they have.  It's been ideal, especially with the Chromecast.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3070 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »
So do you have the nexus 5?  I can get a new phone on tmobile, thinking of 5.  Saw one for the first time yesterday and in the hand at least it's pretty underwhelming compared to the 4 imo.  Great screen though.

vansmack

« Reply #3071 on: November 19, 2013, 12:10:59 pm »
So do you have the nexus 5?  I can get a new phone on tmobile, thinking of 5.  Saw one for the first time yesterday and in the hand at least it's pretty underwhelming compared to the 4 imo.  Great screen though.

I did not,  which is pretty shocking to most people who know me.

Once I put LTE and the Google Experience Launcher on my N4 with Kitkat,  I'm so in love with this phone,  that I opted to pass on the N5.

Kitkat has improved my battery life incredibly,  and while the new camera has all the right specs,  the software needs improvement,  so until that's done,  I'm going to stick with my N4.

I'm actually looking to try a Moto X for a little while,  which might break my Nexus cycle.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3072 on: November 19, 2013, 12:26:27 pm »
interesting!  Just installed Google Experience...I love nova launcher so I'll have to see if this trumps it.  I don't mess with all that rooting stuff, I'll wait for kit kat, but lte would be nice.

off the bat Experience doesn't seem as customize-able as I'm used to, unless I'm missing something.  After all it's only been about 5 min.

atomic

« Reply #3073 on: November 19, 2013, 12:32:57 pm »
For the iPhone folks:

Google Play Music comes to iPhone One month free too.

I've used it since it's inception and absolutley love the mix of uploading stuff they don't have and simply adding what they have.  It's been ideal, especially with the Chromecast.

Google Play is free so I don't understand why you would need to get a month free of it.

vansmack

« Reply #3074 on: November 19, 2013, 01:38:42 pm »
interesting!  Just installed Google Experience...I love nova launcher so I'll have to see if this trumps it.  I don't mess with all that rooting stuff, I'll wait for kit kat, but lte would be nice.

off the bat Experience doesn't seem as customize-able as I'm used to, unless I'm missing something.  After all it's only been about 5 min.

Make certain you do GEL with the new version of Google Search for the best experience, but no, it is not as customizable as Nova Launcher.  I'm in the fortunate position of having Google for work and personal email so the easiest use of Google Now is preferred for me.   
27>34