Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2695726 times)

eltee

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #3780 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »
No problem! (I didn't think one contact could make it...she's back on the fence, but needs time as well. Just catch me here or in email.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:15:06 pm by Nomeimporta »

azaghal1981

« Reply #3781 on: April 07, 2012, 06:48:39 am »
Can do.
I do have nonstop shows between now and then, though so if your other contact decides she wants it, go ahead and give it to her.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #3782 on: April 07, 2012, 09:06:22 am »
Ditto to both.  Any guesses on timing for Black Tambourine?  Guessing they're headlining, right?

Im still deciding if I will go to the Black Tambourine show on Saturday.

im definitely going to WWE Monday Night Raw at the Verizon Center. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #3783 on: April 07, 2012, 09:28:58 am »
Frankie Rose was the last act and went on at about 11:40 last night. They had five acts playing last night, though. There are four acts listed for tonight but an unannounced "special guest" is listed. Unsure what that means. I definitely think it is safe to say they will go on after 11.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #3784 on: April 07, 2012, 12:07:29 pm »
Ditto to both.  Any guesses on timing for Black Tambourine?  Guessing they're headlining, right?

Im still deciding if I will go to the Black Tambourine show on Saturday.

im definitely going to WWE Monday Night Raw at the Verizon Center. 
Raw as well?  Nice! Ill be wearing my pink Dolph Ziggler Show Off T Shirt with a Johnny 2012 sign with Excuse Me! on the other side.  I cant wait.  For TLC (my first WWE Event) we had nose bleeds, but for this we are in section 111 on the TV side, not too far up.  We (my WWE watching friends) are also going to Smackdown in Baltimore this summer, and possibly No Way Out in NJ also this summer.

nkotb

« Reply #3785 on: April 07, 2012, 03:36:30 pm »
AT NIGHT?!?!?  Man, with my 6am wake-up call, I'm guessing that's not happening.  When did I get this old?!?!

I definitely think it is safe to say they will go on after 11.

That's a definite.  I'm a semi-secret wrestling fan, and a friend who deals with WTOP a lot gets us free tickets when they're in town.  I'm a little behind after canceling cable and only watching the clips they put online, but I saw WM and Brocks' return, so I'm sure I'll be up to speed :)

Raw as well?  Nice! Ill be wearing my pink Dolph Ziggler Show Off T Shirt with a Johnny 2012 sign with Excuse Me! on the other side.  I cant wait.  For TLC (my first WWE Event) we had nose bleeds, but for this we are in section 111 on the TV side, not too far up.  We (my WWE watching friends) are also going to Smackdown in Baltimore this summer, and possibly No Way Out in NJ also this summer.

eltee

« Reply #3786 on: April 07, 2012, 05:18:43 pm »
I do have nonstop shows between now and then, though so if your other contact decides she wants it, go ahead and give it to her.

boardies, feel free to PM me if interested. azag and my contact are tentative so if you want Nada Surf is all yours. I'll see the one tonight and find out if she is closer to a decision.

eltee

« Reply #3787 on: April 10, 2012, 12:17:29 am »
Snow Patrol was all right, prefer the crunchier stuff and smaller crowds before they made it big. Fun band though, as always. Enjoyable back drop but seizure induced lasers were meh after awhile. (made the show feel like a stadium though better than spotlights in your eye)
Not feeling well so had to skip DeVotchKa - dang it. Probably 4th time I've missed one of their shows. Eish. Anyhow, Nada Surf slot still open if anyone wants to go.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3788 on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:36 am »
frank turner.  wembley arena.  friday.

y'all behave while i'm gone, ok?

azaghal1981

« Reply #3789 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:01 am »
Snow Patrol was all right, prefer the crunchier stuff and smaller crowds before they made it big. Fun band though, as always. Enjoyable back drop but seizure induced lasers were meh after awhile. (made the show feel like a stadium though better than spotlights in your eye)
Not feeling well so had to skip DeVotchKa - dang it. Probably 4th time I've missed one of their shows. Eish. Anyhow, Nada Surf slot still open if anyone wants to go.

No energy for a show tonight. Thanks again, though. Much appreciated.
احمد

eltee

« Reply #3790 on: April 10, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »
Completely understand. After reading last night's show review...I too, am having trouble standing after multiple shows, part of why I opted out last night. See you soon!

jrho

« Reply #3791 on: April 10, 2012, 01:11:32 pm »
Excited for The Ting Tings on Thursday

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3792 on: April 10, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »
Me and the wife are taking the kids (8 and 10) to the club for the first time tomorrow night.  It's to see a pretty lame teenybopper type of band, but they are psyched and I am psyched to watch them whoop it up at the club.

killsaly

« Reply #3793 on: April 10, 2012, 01:28:04 pm »
Shark Tank record release party at Wind Up Space on Wednesday.

Tim Fite at U St on Friday. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #3794 on: April 10, 2012, 01:35:05 pm »
Endangered Blood/Noveller/DCIC at Atlas Friday
200 Years/Afternoon Penis/Lexie Mountain at Soft House Saturday
Rat Babies/Akris at Velvet Sunday, possibly
احمد