Author Topic: New Year's resolutions anyone?  (Read 14265 times)

mankie

Re: New Year's resolutions anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

you can build something like that, if one were so inclined to do so.  it would cost maybe $50 and some time. [/b]
Yeah, okay Rhett!

twangirl

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 04:01:00 pm »
That thing looks like a pretty nice piece of furniture, and if it's not particle board the price isn't too bad. I have 2 brushed steel CD racks that I got at Tower a couple of years ago for about $120 each. Each holds 600 CDs and I have 2 black wood ones that each hold 250. And I have a smaller one [100] on my stereo shelves that I hope to use for new stuff that I need to check out.

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 04:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

you can build something like that, if one were so inclined to do so.  it would cost maybe $50 and some time. [/b]
Yeah, okay Rhett! [/b]
you know, i was thinking when i typed that "this sounds like something Rhett would say"

haha.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »

Originally posted by Skeeter:

Originally posted by twangirl:
  Pare down my CD collection to fit into my available storage space, i.e. 1800 CDs, and keep it that way throughout the year. If I add one, then one must go. It's a nearly impossible task.
How do you store all those CDs?  I've been looking around for something to store 1000+ and haven't come up with much.  I don't want multiple bookcases, drawers or do-it-yourself shelves.  I found  this  but I'm a little leery of spending that kind of money on something I haven't actually seen yet. [/b]
Well, I'm not so inclined.  I'd rather spend the money and get something decent, rather than waste a lot of time trying to build something myself and having it turn out mediocre at best.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
I was at IKEA a couple of weeks ago and they have a bunch of CD storage stuff at reasonable prices.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 04:09:00 pm »
My dad built me one that holds 200 or so, which I've long ago outgrown. Too bad he's not around anymore to make me a bigger one. Maybe it will be one of those home projects someday...

Originally posted by Skeeter:

Pare down my CD collection to fit into my available storage space, i.e. 1800 CDs, and keep it that way throughout the year. If I add one, then one must go. It's a nearly impossible task.
How do you store all those CDs?  I've been looking around for something to store 1000+ and haven't come up with much.  I don't want multiple bookcases, drawers or do-it-yourself shelves.  I found  this  but I'm a little leery of spending that kind of money on something I haven't actually seen yet. [/b]

twangirl

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
IKEA makes me homicidal. I'd rather spend a little more money and avoid going there.

Sir HC

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 04:15:00 pm »
  IKEA makes me homicidal. I'd rather spend a little more money and avoid going there.
I love Ikea.  Or more correctly I love how every stupid thing from potholders to shelves has some umlaut filled name.  I got the Robin CD holders, hold about 225 CDs each, look respectable, but you would need quite a few for the 1800 cds.

redsock

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
1800 Cd's, Jesus Christ....Since your job basically requires you to listen to music, I guess a lot of that is easily written off, but foget the hours or days of music, think about the money spent. I guess the 930 Club does pay well. Who knew?

Samantha

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

I love Ikea.  Or more correctly I love how every stupid thing from potholders to shelves has some umlaut filled name.  I got the Robin CD holders, hold about 225 CDs each, look respectable, but you would need quite a few for the 1800 cds. [/b]
my new year's resolution is to use more words with umlauts.

and to get laid at least once this year.

twangirl

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 04:56:00 pm »
well, that's 1800 CDs accumulated over a period of years...also the labels send us a lot of stuff, most of which I don't want, but I do keep some of them. Mostly I just need to know what it sounds like in case I have to build a show around it. I DJ also, so that's a big excuse to get more stuff...gotta stay current in my areas of specialty. Plus I can write off those purchases against my DJ income, small though it is.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 04:59:00 pm »
Me too.

and to get laid at least once this year. [/QB]

Samantha

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Me too.

and to get laid at least once this year. [/b]
[/QB]
your wife can fulfil both of our resolutions.  does she speak German?

thirsty moore

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 05:15:00 pm »
Wie geht's?

thirsty moore

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 05:15:00 pm »
I'm aiming to cut out fast food.