Author Topic: Adaptation  (Read 3764 times)

paige

Adaptation
« on: January 17, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
just got home from seeing it.. wow.. intense movie. anyone else see it and love/hate it? i thought nicolas cage was really phenomenal. hmmmm

Dandy01

Re: Adaptation
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 06:15:00 pm »
Haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to seeing About Schmidt.

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 06:20:00 pm »
Paige -- I enjoyed Adaptation but thought the end was what the movie was trying to avoid.

mattyp4

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 06:43:00 pm »
Adaptation was the most overrated movie I've seen in a long time- & that's coming from a huge Being John Malkovich fan.  I thought Nicholas Cage was gross, obnoxious, irritating, etc.  Chris Cooper, on the other hand, was great.<BR>About Schmidt was awesome- I saw it twice.  Probably the best movie I've seen this year, in addition to Chicago, The Hours, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, & Far From Heaven.  <BR>Sorry for all the movie chit-chat.  It's just been a terrible past few month for concerts.  The last one I've bene to was Badly Drawn Boy in October, which I thought sucked ass.

walkman

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 08:05:00 pm »
I thought Adaptation was fantastic.  Top 5, maybe.  I have to disagree with Thirsty...the ending was the whole brilliant joke.  The movie wouldn't have made any point at all, were it not for the fact that Kaufman's own life ended up mirroring everything he tried to avoid in Hollywood.

Barcelona

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 08:30:00 pm »
I've heard very goog reviews about Adaptation. I have to see it.<P>As for the best movie of the year (2002 and 2003), I would say Bowling for Columbine. Incredible movie/documentary.

paige

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 11:55:00 am »
yeah the whole ending thing was just a big joke -- the screenplay seminar guy even told him "wow them at the end, wow them at the end" -- it was so out there it was ridiculous. what i loved most about it was how everything was interwoven between reality and reality within reality and everything else.... i loved it.<P>chicago was good too i thought, Talk To Her - if you havent seen this yet, anyone really should, its a pedro almodovar film( he did All about My Mother and Amores Perros) and its a beautiful movie. Still have to see The Hours... i want to see About Schmidt but my sister told me that it is utterly depressing.