Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313946 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1620 on: September 24, 2015, 11:04:33 am »
the show was $7 on stubhub at 6 pm...
it was packed, so surprised to see someone couldn't move a ticket
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1621 on: September 24, 2015, 11:12:26 am »
well there are two shows...so I bet scalpers bought a lot of tickets before the 2nd show was announced.

$15 right now for tonight's show

the show was $7 on stubhub at 6 pm...
it was packed, so surprised to see someone couldn't move a ticket

(_|_)

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1622 on: September 24, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »
So this is a GA seared show at the Lincoln tonight? How early do ya have to arrive to get a good spot?

« Reply #1623 on: September 24, 2015, 12:47:41 pm »
so got there around 7 and there were plenty of good spots
but by 7:40 it was slim pickens

I think because the pope was in town...people got there a little later
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1624 on: September 24, 2015, 12:48:50 pm »
I can't imagine being there at 6:30. Guess I'll shoot for 7. Ugh.

K8teebug

« Reply #1625 on: September 26, 2015, 07:06:56 am »
Well I guess we should have tried to get to DC on Wed after all. That crowd at the Rams Head was one of the worst I've ever seen. From coked out and drink bros who acted like they were at a bachelor party to some jerk hipster who doesn't understand girls come back from the bathroom and stand next to their husbands to a group of ladies who would rather give love advice than listen to a show. I guess I should have known better than to think that on a Friday night these people would rather act like they are at a bar than a show.

Husband said he had never been at a show where the band had to compete with the crowd so much.

Maybe I underestimated the douche quotient of his fans?

Band sounded good when I could hear them.

« Reply #1626 on: September 26, 2015, 08:06:44 am »
Maybe I underestimated the douche quotient of his fans?
yeah I was surprised at this percentage as well
talking during  the slow songs was a bit much at times
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1627 on: September 26, 2015, 11:27:06 am »
Well I guess we should have tried to get to DC on Wed after all. That crowd at the Rams Head was one of the worst I've ever seen.

That sucks.

Thursday night he mentioned how different the Wednesday and Thursday crowds were.  Not better/worse, just different.  But I don't think the Thursday crowd was anything like what you're describing.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1628 on: September 26, 2015, 11:57:20 am »
G.L.O.S.S. show was a gross hot sauna but a good time. They played the demo 7" plus a couple more. One great thing about hardcore shows is that 5-band bills last less than 2.5 hours in total.
احمد

Space Freely

« Reply #1629 on: September 26, 2015, 02:19:55 pm »
Two years from now, Sturgill Simpson's career path will likely lead him to a headlining spot at the Birchmere. Where they don't allow talking. Y'all should have just waited two years, and gotten the food too.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1630 on: September 27, 2015, 11:10:23 pm »
Truly great Jesus and Mary Chain show, best they've been since 1992.

K8teebug

« Reply #1631 on: September 28, 2015, 09:17:58 am »
Two years from now, Sturgill Simpson's career path will likely lead him to a headlining spot at the Birchmere. Where they don't allow talking. Y'all should have just waited two years, and gotten the food too.

I don't mind talking, but shouting and being a drunk asshole for an entire concert is a bit much.

Relaxer

« Reply #1632 on: September 28, 2015, 09:58:50 am »
I enjoyed the JAMC show but was still underwhelmed by it. It felt ike a Jim Reid solo show where he and the band were handed a list of songs to play, told "go play that", they did, and then left. It might be the inherent nature of these types of 'album' shows but it didn't feel like a musical performance as much as ticking items off of a list. But it sounded good and I do love those songs, so I couldn't miss it.

oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #1633 on: September 28, 2015, 10:05:34 am »
I enjoyed the JAMC show but was still underwhelmed by it. It felt ike a Jim Reid solo show where he and the band were handed a list of songs to play, told "go play that", they did, and then left. It might be the inherent nature of these types of 'album' shows but it didn't feel like a musical performance as much as ticking items off of a list. But it sounded good and I do love those songs, so I couldn't miss it.

I thought there was far more chemistry to this than the previous 3 or 4 times I've seen them. In 1999 (whenever Munki came out) it was obvious they were a total mess. So I had zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Relaxer

« Reply #1634 on: September 28, 2015, 10:23:32 am »
I think my problem was that I had (unfairly) sky-high expectations. It was probably impossible to temper my excitement on this because I still listen to Psychocandy obsessively and had been disappointed by how it was short-changed at the reunion show a few years ago. So even though I'm usually smarter than this, I spent the past few months frantically awaiting the moment when the best ever album would be performed by the same surly Scottish teenagers that made it 30 years ago and the whole thing would be as electric as it was when I first heard it in 1985.

I think I need to just chill out on show anticipation, unless the show in question is Diarrhea Planet (which is coming in just 2 months!)
oword