Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305169 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1125 on: January 14, 2015, 04:40:30 pm »
I feel like if the ticket costs that much more, it'll make the concert more special.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1126 on: January 14, 2015, 04:43:13 pm »
Anyone keeping up with the 4x4 Dr. Dog run in Brooklyn/Manhattan? Pretty, pretty nice.
uh...
Tickets for all 4×4 shows begin at $30. There are a limited number of these $30 tickets for each show and when they?re gone tickets move to $35. We will then sell ONE final ticket 60 seconds before we go onstage for $7,000,000.

Uhh.. what?

bearman🐻

« Reply #1127 on: January 22, 2015, 09:26:31 am »
I really enjoyed the Manson show last night. Totally different than the other times I've seen him. The band he's got with him is really good, great drummer. The show felt way more "musical" than his others, which felt more like trashy bombast and flash. Not that I object to those at all, they're funny and crazy. "Mature" sounds like an odd way to describe last night's show, but it was and I thought it was great. Still not a fan of the FSS. Not sure why the lines to get into that place can become so atrocious.

eltee

« Reply #1128 on: January 22, 2015, 09:31:58 pm »
Anyone go to the free OK GO show?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1129 on: January 22, 2015, 10:58:36 pm »
Bear man . . . Awesome!  Would have loved to see that one for I feel Manson has reached his second peak.  And I love Fillmore.   I don't know why.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1130 on: January 23, 2015, 12:21:34 am »
Bear man . . . Awesome!  Would have loved to see that one for I feel Manson has reached his second peak.  And I love Fillmore.   I don't know why.

This is absolutely a second peak for him. I could see his genuine excitement to be performing, and he seemed genuinely grateful that the fans received his new stuff so warmly. I really enjoyed hearing the new songs actually. They're great.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1131 on: January 26, 2015, 09:04:18 am »
Anyone else go see Billy Idol / Broncho? I thought it was FANTASTIC. I had never seen Billy before. Is he a vampire or something? Incredibly well-preserved, and Steve Stevens is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. What a fun evening.

« Reply #1132 on: January 26, 2015, 12:14:35 pm »
Anyone else go see Billy Idol / Broncho? I thought it was FANTASTIC. I had never seen Billy before. Is he a vampire or something? Incredibly well-preserved, and Steve Stevens is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. What a fun evening.
I actually really wanted to go to this, but the timing and cost weren't working in my favor
I really don't like the Lincoln for any show that you might want to actually move to

Sigur Ros, Jeff Magnum and Tweedy were all shows that made sense there, but billy should have played the club or Echostage.
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #1133 on: January 26, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »
I actually really wanted to go to this, but the timing and cost weren't working in my favor
I really don't like the Lincoln for any show that you might want to actually move to

Sigur Ros, Jeff Magnum and Tweedy were all shows that made sense there, but billy should have played the club or Echostage.

It was my first time seeing a rock show there. I had a decent seat, which helped. It didn't deter the crowd from having a good time from what I could tell...that being said, I had a couple moments where I thought "this should have been at the 9:30". Overall though it was really, really damn good.

hutch

« Reply #1134 on: January 26, 2015, 12:51:50 pm »
I've seen Billy Idol... he totally rocks out.. love him!

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1135 on: January 26, 2015, 03:45:45 pm »
Wild Honey at The Crown Friday night were great.  Sold out show, so couldn't really get up close, but they sounded great.

The Horse Lords / Priests / Parquet Courts show at the Ottobar Saturday was great - although I only stayed for 2 PC songs.  Horse Lords rocked it as usual - and this was my first time seeing Priests, and they were so good.  They played a bunch of new songs. 

Crowd was unusually creepy + wasted.  Heard so many bros say really creepy / disgusting things

hutch

« Reply #1136 on: January 26, 2015, 04:44:16 pm »
  Heard so many bros say really creepy / disgusting things

what do you expect from a show that caters to Killsally or whatever she's calling herself this week and Azaghal?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1137 on: January 27, 2015, 12:46:19 pm »
The Horse Lords / Priests / Parquet Courts show at the Ottobar Saturday was great - although I only stayed for 2 PC songs.  Horse Lords rocked it as usual - and this was my first time seeing Priests, and they were so good.  They played a bunch of new songs. 

Crowd was unusually creepy + wasted.  Heard so many bros say really creepy / disgusting things

Didn't hear anything creepy myself.  Thought the show was stellar.  My wife, however, only really ended up liking Horse Lords (who also came away with the best one-liner of the night).  They definitely sound much better live (though the studio stuff is nice).

emmanuel

« Reply #1138 on: January 27, 2015, 01:15:04 pm »
  Heard so many bros say really creepy / disgusting things

what do you expect from a show that caters to Killsally or whatever she's calling herself this week and Azaghal?

Are you done with your stupid misogynist posts. We all now that Killsally is not a "she", and we all know that this show has nothing to do with them.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1139 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:12 pm »
Stares for a second . . . Then quickly leaves.  Then comes back because I'm confused how it is my so gyn ist ?