Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305630 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1260 on: April 15, 2015, 08:05:29 am »
Relaxer nailed it. I'd much rather be left wanting more than be standing there thinking that it's time to wrap it up. And the amount you pay doesn't entitle you to a minimum amount of time an artist is supposed to entertain you. Maybe they are contractually bound to play a certain amount of time in bigger venues but last I checked, we don't have a say in those matters.

Jack White nailed it at the one note show in Canada...the fans loved it....definitely left wanting more after that 1 second performance....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1261 on: April 15, 2015, 09:17:15 am »
^ lol, nice one
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #1262 on: April 15, 2015, 09:27:53 am »
Hey I'd have no problem with that if the one note lasted 20 minutes. That sums up many of the shows I go to anyway.
احمد

« Reply #1263 on: April 17, 2015, 08:53:29 am »
Priests...wow...believe the hype
Katie Alice has the crowd eating out of her hand

Protomartyr was tight too

getting a lot of flack from the misses about all these shows lately ;)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:55:22 am by Sidehatch »
slack

« Reply #1264 on: April 17, 2015, 01:52:52 pm »
this guy got some killer shots of the show...she is just an intense and engaging lead.  Can't take your eyes off of her.

slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1265 on: April 17, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
Third Priests show in 10 months and I remain firmly on the fence about them. I wanna like them. I definitely don't love them.

Katie is undoubtedly a superb front for the band. I do think in a way she detracts from the music by being such a strong focal point.

Protomartyr played a lot of new stuff which was nice. When I mentioned last year's Baltimore show to their drummer he laughed and recalled that there were only like 5 of us in the audience.  He expects the new album to hit early fall.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1266 on: April 17, 2015, 04:41:18 pm »
I think I've seen Priests 3 times now.  They've never been less than very good.  I'll catch them every chance I get.  Last night was kind of short though.  What did they play, 35 minutes?  I've had Metro transfers nearly that long.

hutch

« Reply #1267 on: April 17, 2015, 07:28:50 pm »
I think I've seen Priests 3 times now.  They've never been less than very good.  I'll catch them every chance I get.  Last night was kind of short though.  What did they play, 35 minutes?  I've had Metro transfers nearly that long.

its called the Azaghal Principle.....the shorter the better..leave them hungry

hutch

« Reply #1268 on: April 17, 2015, 07:29:47 pm »
this guy got some killer shots of the show...she is just an intense and engaging lead.  Can't take your eyes off of her.

dang..when you posted it on facebook i was sure you'd taken the picture!!!!!!!!!!

i thinnk i'd be up for seeing Diarrhea Planet and Priests next time they play so keep me in the loop

azaghal1981

« Reply #1269 on: April 18, 2015, 04:04:59 am »

its called the Azaghal Principle.....the shorter the better..leave them hungry
Yes, they do in fact subscribe to this.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #1270 on: April 18, 2015, 04:08:00 am »
I've been trying to tell you all this for years.
Priests...wow...believe the hype
Katie Alice has the crowd eating out of her hand

Protomartyr was tight too

getting a lot of flack from the misses about all these shows lately ;)

احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #1271 on: April 18, 2015, 11:11:10 pm »
In Rehoboth and the Fleshtones & the Split Squad (Blondie/Fleshtones/Plimsouls supergroup) are putting on a killer free show.

« Reply #1272 on: April 20, 2015, 10:08:41 am »
for the record...I was listening and that's why I went
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1273 on: April 20, 2015, 10:47:23 am »
Relaxer nailed it. I'd much rather be left wanting more than be standing there thinking that it's time to wrap it up. And the amount you pay doesn't entitle you to a minimum amount of time an artist is supposed to entertain you. Maybe they are contractually bound to play a certain amount of time in bigger venues but last I checked, we don't have a say in those matters.

We could really have this same conversation over in PRESTIGE TELEVISION about so many dramas going to 10-13 episode runs or anthology series instead of trying to extend out their story for more traditional ~25 episode seasons.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1274 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:28 pm »

do0d, you carry on about all sorts of bands.  eventually one is going to stick, a stopped clock is right twice a day, etc etc etc ;D
<sig>