Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305045 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1275 on: April 20, 2015, 04:59:41 pm »
for a small club date...seems like everyone and their brother was at this show...with a camera

this guy has some great photos of shows at the club over the years
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1276 on: April 21, 2015, 12:38:02 am »
for a small club date...seems like everyone and their brother was at this show...with a camera

Not crowded (my first visit to the club) but a taste maker crowd. Met Chris Richards, saw Bob Boilen and Lars Gotrich, think I saw Ian Svenonius. And of course azaghal1981 and his camera-phone.
😐 🎶

Unsanity

« Reply #1277 on: April 21, 2015, 01:58:50 am »
I strolled up to Galaxy Hut and caught The Godz. It was only 5 bucks too. There was only one original member, Larry Kessler on vocals. He had a guitarist, drummer, bassist and trumpeter with him. They played a mix of 60's songs (They closed with the awesome "Radar Eyes") and some much newer material. At times it was like a folky bar band but for other songs they sounded like great 70's punk. They only played for 45 minutes but it was what it was. I think they are based out of Baltimore now and It would seem Larry Kessler owns a record shop in Randallstown Md. He seemed like charming, nice guy.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1278 on: April 21, 2015, 06:57:43 am »
Cool, thanks. Doubt anyone knew what to expect.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #1279 on: April 21, 2015, 07:18:31 am »

Not crowded (my first visit to the club) but a taste maker crowd. Met Chris Richards, saw Bob Boilen and Lars Gotrich, think I saw Ian Svenonius. And of course azaghal1981 and his camera-phone.
You should've said something.

I did run into Bob Boilen which is always nice.
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1280 on: April 21, 2015, 08:40:49 am »

You should've said something.

I did run into Bob Boilen which is always nice.

Ian was definitely there.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1281 on: April 21, 2015, 09:08:29 am »
Manics - not impressed overall. The Holy Bible "live" kinda blew. There were some good moments the last 20 minutes....wish it was just a regular show and not an "album" show.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:14:03 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

« Reply #1282 on: April 21, 2015, 09:25:58 am »
^Wow, I thought it rocked.
perfect capacity crowd too
Apparently their road crew got stuck in Wales with Visa issues or something and the 930 club gave them a sound, lights, and side stage crew

I do agree the last 20 minutes was a solid set, but I really liked hearing all of HB
Other than the bass drum I thought it sounded great
Crowd was really into it too, which is always nice

but that was my first Manics show, so I have nothing to compare too
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #1283 on: April 21, 2015, 09:38:54 am »
The only other time I saw them was in 1996 opening for Oasis at the 'lube. This was far superior. I don't think the HB blew at all, I thought it was an excellent performance and despite some balance issue between vocals and guitar it was as good as I had hoped. Though I loved hearing the HB and stuff like "The Intense Humming of Evil" shredded, I do agree that these "perform the LP" concerts do lack some of the spontaneity of regular concerts, and I enjoyed the last half hour the most overall. I'm really happy and can't believe I actually finally saw them at the 9:30. I'm glad Nicky admitted for a long time it seemed like it'd never happen, but that they were happy it finally did.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1284 on: April 21, 2015, 09:41:44 am »
It was not a "show of the year" contender for me, but I didn't think it was bad either. I'm glad I got to see them. I missed all the openers because of traffic.  :(
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1285 on: April 21, 2015, 09:46:28 am »
Crowd was definitely 10X LOUDER the last 30 minutes than the entire Holy Bible set. They just weren't very dynamic...
(_|_)

« Reply #1286 on: April 21, 2015, 09:56:17 am »
It was not a "show of the year" contender for me, but I didn't think it was bad either. I'm glad I got to see them. I missed all the openers because of traffic.  :(
Yes it was no Slowdive or Diarrhea Planet for that matter.
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1287 on: April 21, 2015, 10:25:27 am »
Thought the show was great. My wife didn't know a thing about the band beforehand and she loved it.

Bass was a little lacking from my spot. Also thought James could have stuck to the rhythm instead of playing leads in some places. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Crowd was very apathetic until the end, tho. Really a shame.

hutch

« Reply #1288 on: April 21, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »

K8teebug

« Reply #1289 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:32 am »
Kesha was way more fun than I thought it would be! Next time, I will dress up. I'm glad I don't have to clean up all the glitter at the Black Cat. Thanks to whomever organized that. I haven't seen the Black Cat that dancey and fun since the Rapture show a decade ago!