Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305778 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1515 on: July 20, 2015, 10:34:22 am »
I refuse to see them anymore, because j is stuck on a single line of what he will play live.  j and the fog was the single greatest dinosaur related tour, of all time.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1516 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:44 am »
Drawerings is my dream Dino Jr. deep cut they pull out once in a blue moon but never when I'm there.

Agree that first J and The Fog album was incredible but I understand why they don't play that out of respect for Lou and Murph. When J does solo shows, they play a ton of those songs tho. Ammaring and Same Day hold up against anything in the Dino Jr catalog.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #1517 on: July 20, 2015, 10:50:37 am »
The songs I'd love to hear are "On the Way" and "Hide" but they have so many good tunes there's just no way they'll play everyone's favorite.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1518 on: July 20, 2015, 10:54:19 am »
play alone, or play nothing.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1519 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:37 am »
play alone, or play nothing.

I, d,i,s,a,g,r,e,e,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bearman🐻

« Reply #1520 on: July 20, 2015, 02:26:51 pm »
Not deep cuts but would have been nice to do some of the other songs from the last 2 albums. It's always Watch the Corners and Pieces. So MANY other great songs on both albums. I guess the bottom line is that I shouldn't see them each tour.

On the Farm tour they played 6 songs off that LP. When they toured for I Bet on Sky, same thing...6 songs. And they typically only do about 13-14 songs. They already did a tour for Bug, maybe they'll do a "Hand It Over" tour or something. I really have no issues with the setlists for Dinosaur Jr. I think they do the best they can to appease fans. Unlike a band like Wire who rarely perform anything from their first 3 LPs, I think Dinosaur Jr is doing what they need to do to make a living. Given that they can keep alternating sold out headlining shows between the Black Cat and the 9:30, I think they're doing just fine. The merch was too expensive though.

gavroche

« Reply #1521 on: July 21, 2015, 07:37:02 pm »
Maybe before booking these living room shows, they should have checked to make sure houses had air conditioning, or at least windows that opened. So hot and stuffy in a musty basement for Mike Doughty last night. But, the music was great and we all made the best of it with our paper plate fans.

I was really sad to miss this one.  By the time I figured out who wanted to go the tickets were all gone (not shocking really).  What did he play?  Soul Coughing stuff?

K8teebug

« Reply #1522 on: July 22, 2015, 07:35:41 am »
Maybe before booking these living room shows, they should have checked to make sure houses had air conditioning, or at least windows that opened. So hot and stuffy in a musty basement for Mike Doughty last night. But, the music was great and we all made the best of it with our paper plate fans.

I was really sad to miss this one.  By the time I figured out who wanted to go the tickets were all gone (not shocking really).  What did he play?  Soul Coughing stuff?

He only played a few Soul Coughing songs. Janine, Circles, and maybe there was another one. Mostly his solo stuff, a bunch of which I hadn't heard, but sounded great. I bought a copy of the show. He does this Q&A, which I had forgotten about because I hadn't seen him in over 10 years, but the questions people asked were kind of stupid. I wanted to ask "Flight or invisibility" but didn't want to seem like the NPR nerd that I am. I wish I would have gone to the Baltimore show which seemed like it was a much more pleasant experience.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #1523 on: July 23, 2015, 11:14:51 am »
Leon Bridges Tiny Desk Concert performance was great, hopefully it will tide me over until his DC and NYC shows in October.

gavroche

« Reply #1524 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:16 pm »

He only played a few Soul Coughing songs. Janine, Circles, and maybe there was another one. Mostly his solo stuff, a bunch of which I hadn't heard, but sounded great. I bought a copy of the show. He does this Q&A, which I had forgotten about because I hadn't seen him in over 10 years, but the questions people asked were kind of stupid. I wanted to ask "Flight or invisibility" but didn't want to seem like the NPR nerd that I am. I wish I would have gone to the Baltimore show which seemed like it was a much more pleasant experience.

Thanks!  The whole house party thing was a bit daunting to my friends.  It was why I had trouble pulling together people to go.  I didn't know about the Q&A thing either.  I saw Nick Cave do a Q&A and it was stupid, so I can only imagine.

Space Freely

« Reply #1525 on: July 27, 2015, 09:11:12 am »
So I see that the air guitar championship concerts at he Club are still going strong...$20 admission, really?

I propose a new contest/concert to be held at the Club. It would be a high-fiving concert. The two guys who towered over me (I'm average in height at best) despite being a row below me at Merriweather last night would definitely be in it. Their numerous high-fives really were the highlight of the MMJ set for me. It was like I was at the OSU-Michigan football game or something. Throw in their bouncing up and down for 2+ hours (warming up for a midnight basketball match?), and their double pumping number one signs (what amazing wingspan!), and these guys truly showed their talent last night. One time one of them even started saluting the band with the aid of his baseball hat. Extra points for effective use of prop! What was most amazing is that they displayed all of this manic energy AFTER sharing a joint.

Seth, please sign these guys and others like them up for a Club date. The usual dead concert time in late August seems perfect.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1526 on: July 27, 2015, 09:25:22 am »
It was like I was at the OSU-Michigan football game or something.
I can tell you from having attended many Michigan football games, you should have no shame yelling "DOWN IN FRONT" at them. No one else does.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #1527 on: July 27, 2015, 10:54:03 am »
Hard to find any faults with that Dinosaur Jr. setlist. I've heard all those songs live before and was fine missing that show, though.

احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #1528 on: July 29, 2015, 02:56:30 pm »
Did anyone go to Interpol? How was attendance?

« Reply #1529 on: July 31, 2015, 09:58:29 am »
hutch, did you go to the LAI acoustic set last night?
slack