Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305611 times)

killsaly

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1755 on: October 22, 2015, 10:43:31 am »
Wah

azaghal1981

« Reply #1756 on: October 22, 2015, 11:21:58 am »
احمد

Space Freely

« Reply #1757 on: October 30, 2015, 09:10:44 am »
If I were a female singer-songwriter and I went to see Ashley Monroe play, I'd probably go home, cry, put down my pen, and hang up my guitar forever.

Also, while the 9:30 is the best nightclub for shows in the DMV, Sixth and I is definitely my favorite music venue in the DMV.

« Reply #1758 on: November 03, 2015, 01:18:18 pm »
anyone go to the Craig Finn show at the RNRH?
kinda wanted to go, but last night wasn't the night
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1759 on: November 03, 2015, 07:49:36 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:05:08 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #1760 on: November 03, 2015, 07:56:15 pm »
Wrong thread.

hutch

« Reply #1761 on: November 04, 2015, 08:40:25 am »
had never been to the Charlottesville venue The Southern.... not bad except for a grumpy worker running the place....I got a little lost on the drive in but only missed about 15 minutes of Jonathan Richman's set.. I was freakin' out about the deer on the way back up....already wrecked one car by deer. Really not a bad drive except for the part on 66 getting out.... doable in a little more than two hours...

Space Freely

« Reply #1762 on: November 04, 2015, 09:19:46 am »
had never been to the Charlottesville venue The Southern.... not bad except for a grumpy worker running the place....I got a little lost on the drive in but only missed about 15 minutes of Jonathan Richman's set.. I was freakin' out about the deer on the way back up....already wrecked one car by deer. Really not a bad drive except for the part on 66 getting out.... doable in a little more than two hours...

So 4+ hours of driving for a 90 minute set? Nice!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1763 on: November 04, 2015, 10:05:19 am »
Both The Southern and Jefferson Theatre have been really well run in my experiences at both.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1764 on: November 04, 2015, 10:46:03 am »

Went to RNRH and OTTO shows. I really enjoyed both. I saw Craig play these songs online, solo, acoustic, so that is what I had in my head as to how the songs sound live. On this tour, with the full band, it was an actual loud live show. Great energy.

The OTTO show was sparsely attended but still just as fun, and my girlfriend is much better company than Bagley.

The opener, Esme Patterson, was very good too.

« Reply #1765 on: November 04, 2015, 11:47:54 am »

Went to RNRH and OTTO shows. I really enjoyed both. I saw Craig play these songs online, solo, acoustic, so that is what I had in my head as to how the songs sound live. On this tour, with the full band, it was an actual loud live show. Great energy.

The OTTO show was sparsely attended but still just as fun, and my girlfriend is much better company than Bagley.

The opener, Esme Patterson, was very good too.
good to hear, really was hoping to make that show but couldn't.  Good to see he's pretty much only doing new stuff, instead of 1/2 the night filled with HS and L/P songs
slack

« Reply #1766 on: November 04, 2015, 12:00:11 pm »

So 4+ hours of driving for a 90 minute set? Nice!
but he was
 Going faster miles an hour...

And the highway when it's late at night
Got the radio on
I'm like the roadrunner
I'm in love with the radio on
It helps me from being alone late at night
It helps me from being lonely late at night
I don't feel so bad now in the car
Don't feel so alone, got the radio on
Like the roadrunner
That's right

So it does kinda make sense and come full circle
Hutchrunner
slack

hutch

« Reply #1767 on: November 04, 2015, 01:04:52 pm »
^ ;D

totally worth it... I knew I'd get a chance to meet him at this smaller venue...

its been two and a half years since he played DC and I've only become more of a fan..... when I saw he wasn't going to play DC AGAIN I knew if I could muster up the energy I'd drive down there...and I did..yay me!

its weird but sometimes seeing shows outside of your stomping ground makes it more memorable...it makes more of an impression on you whereas if you see somebody at the 930 it all eventually melds together somewhat...

« Reply #1768 on: November 04, 2015, 01:23:32 pm »
FWIW...I'd totally be up for a road trip to C-ville for a show like that...but on a school night is a bit too much for this old man
slack

Bagley

« Reply #1769 on: November 05, 2015, 05:29:37 pm »

I had never seen Craig Finn or the Hold Steady.  The show reminded me of Greetings-era Springsteen.  Appreciated Craig's energy and his guitar player was very good.

Quite a change  from the Sufjan (whom I'd also never seen) show the night before, which can best be described as ethereal!  (except, of course, for the odd Drake cover)