Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1304962 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1905 on: April 14, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »
I'll bet everyone's guitar teacher was at the show.

i'll bet not, but i won't elaborate lest i be shouted down by the devoted masses...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1906 on: April 14, 2016, 12:45:56 pm »

i'll bet not, but i won't elaborate lest i be shouted down by the devoted masses...

I really don't care anymore.. you are a buzzkiller...next time you're excited about a show I'll be looking forward to crapping all over it.. NOT.

killsaly

« Reply #1907 on: April 14, 2016, 12:51:52 pm »
At least you do not have Vas Deferns sending you messages on Facebook shitting on almost every single show you want to go to! 

hutch

« Reply #1908 on: April 14, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »
At least you do not have Vas Deferns sending you messages on Facebook shitting on almost every single show you want to go to! 

this is true.. I do not know this side of Vas....

« Reply #1909 on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:11 pm »
you can come here for that
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1910 on: April 14, 2016, 01:09:55 pm »

I really don't care anymore.. you are a buzzkiller...next time you're excited about a show I'll be looking forward to crapping all over it.. NOT.

apparently your victimhood prevents you from remembering what i said, so here's a recap:

i have no doubt that frehley put on a great show.  he's been doing it for some 50 years so he knows how to work a crowd.  i hope you and all in attendance had a blast.  i would like to read your review (and i said as much previously).

what i have a problem with - and it's an opinion - is the notion that he is a guitar god.  anyone who learns about enough playing the sixes quickly realizes that frehley - and in fact all KISS guitarists - isn't mind-blowing.  it is certainly very effective and KISS wouldn't be KISS if they had malmsteen instead of frehley.  but to say that every band that plays on the 930 stage worships his guitar playing, or that every guitar teacher is lining up for that show... no.  that's it.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #1911 on: April 14, 2016, 01:41:59 pm »

this is true.. I do not know this side of Vas....
He loves sending me messages telling me how much {insert random artist I am digging or about to see} is terrible.  He also likes to tell me when his other friends have a negative opinion on something I am digging or about to go see. 

It is basically daily.  I have told him that I do not care about other peoples' opinions on music (this includes professional writers and anyone else), if I like something I like it, but that has not dissuaded him from messaging me with his hate.   He does it because he knows I do not like it. 
you can come here for that
Not the same.  Vas is tame on here (as admittedly I am too, I try to be nice). 

I am not saying I am a saint!  I talk shit about stuff he likes too, but usually only when I am bored or he is being relentless in his attacks. 

Also, he is a really good friend of mine, my comment was not an attack on Vas, just saying that is what I have to deal with.  
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:43:38 pm by killsaly »

Relaxer

« Reply #1912 on: April 14, 2016, 01:55:48 pm »
Hate to disagree with you Sweets but Vinnie Vincent was a genuine guitar god, albeit a lower tier one but that's just on account of not hooking up with the right group, and he was their guitar player for 2-3 years, including the Lick It Up album.

oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1913 on: April 14, 2016, 03:22:28 pm »
ah, good point.  VV was indeed up there.

and, for the record, you do not hate disagreeing with me.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #1914 on: April 14, 2016, 11:40:17 pm »
Lissie at the club will definitely be in my top five favorite sets of the year.  A +

« Reply #1915 on: April 15, 2016, 03:44:37 pm »
//
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1916 on: April 15, 2016, 03:46:09 pm »
~%
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #1917 on: April 15, 2016, 03:56:37 pm »
?/?

« Reply #1918 on: April 15, 2016, 03:58:30 pm »
//
Ok...made a comment about kil and the lis show
thinking he was saying the comment before he attended the show...then looked it up and it was last night
so felt pretty stupid
slack

killsaly

« Reply #1919 on: April 15, 2016, 04:06:47 pm »
Yes, I posted that after the show... Basically as soon as I got home.  I thought her and her band were wonderful.  I even was choked up a bit during three of the songs.