Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305242 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2085 on: July 02, 2016, 09:15:41 pm »
^TSR 
what a great set list and closing with one of my favorites ?I Am the Resurrection.?
so pissed they are only doing an NYC date
I don't understand why they just don't cash in on a 30 date tour and do dc
one time I saw them at the capital ballroom was such a let down
been a bucket list band for me, but road trip to NYC was never going to happen at 45
slack

hutch

« Reply #2086 on: July 02, 2016, 09:32:24 pm »
^TSR 
what a great set list and closing with one of my favorites ?I Am the Resurrection.?
so pissed they are only doing an NYC date
I don't understand why they just don't cash in on a 30 date tour and do dc
been a bucket list band for me, but road trip to NYC was never going to happen at 45

capital ballroom?  it was at WUST....before it became the 930 Club...

time to start downing prevagen I'm afraid...

« Reply #2087 on: July 03, 2016, 10:17:53 am »
^TSR 
what a

it was the 'nation' or cap ball room, the one in SW where they had lots of raves
Did we see them at the club too? that I'm not remembering

We saw Hole when it was the WUST, but that was about it
(saw the specials too)

slack

hutch

« Reply #2088 on: July 03, 2016, 10:36:06 am »
^TSR 
what a

it was the 'nation' or cap ball room, the one in SW where they had lots of raves

(saw the specials too)

I'm telling you.... prevagen..I can't believe you don't remember it...anyways we got there a bit late.. you were really ticked off about mani not playin the bass the way you wanted.. reni was not there... they never played nation.. in fact they only played like 10 US shows ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Roses_live_performances

rich_WDC

« Reply #2089 on: July 03, 2016, 11:50:02 am »
Stone Roses was definitely WUST.   Back in '95.   And a bit of a disappointing show.  My only time (thus far?) to see 'em.

[/quote]

(saw the specials too)

[/quote]

hutch

« Reply #2090 on: July 03, 2016, 01:23:23 pm »
thank you Rich_WDC for talking some sense into SideOfPrevagenNeeded....

it really wasn't that amazing.. I just don't remember anything about it really other than SideofPrevagen being very unhappy with the bass on his favorite song....."He messed up the bass on my favorite song! He didn't play it right!!"....I of course did not notice anything but I nodded "Uh huh..yahhhhh"...I can still hear it in my head... other than that the show made no impression on me.. those were the days before you'd know when somebody went on and we got there late.. we may have been at that show not even knowing that Reni had left the band a few weeks earlier....pre-internet days..

The only thing I learned today is that the show was originally supposed to be at Gaston Hall in Georgetown and got moved there... (at least according to Wikipedia)...

bearman🐻

« Reply #2091 on: July 04, 2016, 08:57:59 am »
I went up for this too and it was beyond outstanding. One of the very best arena gigs I've ever seen. I couldn't believe how great the sound was, how good Ian was, and how Reni was easily one of the most gifted drummers I've ever seen. Perfect from start to finish.

The Stone Roses at the Garden the other night well exceeded my expectations (especially after seeing some of the abysmal Manchester footage from a couple weeks ago), super tight musically (Reni is a fucking beast on drums and didn't mind letting everyone know that haha) and Ian had a rare night of actually singing in tune, well worth the trip.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-stone-roses-played-msg-their-first-nyc-show-in-20-years-pics-video-setlist/

bearman🐻

« Reply #2092 on: July 04, 2016, 09:02:20 am »
I have a great Stone Roses story. It was indeed at Gaston Hall. The band HATED the venue. I was like first in line and Ian Brown told me that they were moving the gig to the next night to WUST and to tell the crowd. I stood at the top of the stairs and told everyone in line behind me, to huge groans. Somehow I started walking with the band and ended up on the tour bus. They all signed CDs for me, including a Japanese bootleg that I found in Italy. I thought the WUST show was great but the MSG show was infinitely better.

thank you Rich_WDC for talking some sense into SideOfPrevagenNeeded....

it really wasn't that amazing.. I just don't remember anything about it really other than SideofPrevagen being very unhappy with the bass on his favorite song....."He messed up the bass on my favorite song! He didn't play it right!!"....I of course did not notice anything but I nodded "Uh huh..yahhhhh"...I can still hear it in my head... other than that the show made no impression on me.. those were the days before you'd know when somebody went on and we got there late.. we may have been at that show not even knowing that Reni had left the band a few weeks earlier....pre-internet days..

The only thing I learned today is that the show was originally supposed to be at Gaston Hall in Georgetown and got moved there... (at least according to Wikipedia)...

bearman🐻

« Reply #2093 on: July 04, 2016, 09:26:21 am »
Saw FLAG in Philly...just curious, how was the DC show? Philly was pretty much an old school punk audience. The second the band started "Revenge" the place erupted into complete mayhem and pretty much didn't stop for the entire show. Full on massive pit. Yes, it was very loud, but I didn't think it was painful....maybe Underground Arts has a better PA than the Black Cat. Glad that I saw the show there and not here.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2094 on: July 04, 2016, 10:10:23 am »
Volume was the problem. The band did seem to be pretty damn tight. As much as I'd love to see them again ( under better circumstances, of course) I doubt i'd bother. A real shame.

Plenty of geezers there. Typical amount for a band from that era. There was a pit but it wasn't particularly big.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2095 on: July 04, 2016, 10:20:54 am »
Volume was the problem. The band did seem to be pretty damn tight. As much as I'd love to see them again ( under better circumstances, of course) I doubt i'd bother. A real shame.

Plenty of geezers there. Typical amount for a band from that era. There was a pit but it wasn't particularly big.

Wow, interesting. To me, the interesting thing about seeing FLAG one night and the Stone Roses the other was the juxtaposition. FLAG was loud, angry, short bursts of complete mayhem and people acting out in a way that suggested aggression...the next night was the Stone Roses, which was a sing-along love fest of like 17,000 people. For as much as I love early Black Flag stuff, the Roses was one time where I preferred going to a big-ass arena. I'm just happy that I managed to see FLAG in a venue where the sound was good. It was loud, but not unbearable or distorted. I've noticed the Black Cat can be pretty spotty...especially depends where you stand. For the really loud concerts, I try to stake out a spot in front of the sound board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxAoQUuKgc

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2096 on: July 04, 2016, 04:10:33 pm »

Wow, interesting. To me, the interesting thing about seeing FLAG one night and the Stone Roses the other was the juxtaposition. FLAG was loud, angry, short bursts of complete mayhem and people acting out in a way that suggested aggression...the next night was the Stone Roses, which was a sing-along love fest of like 17,000 people. For as much as I love early Black Flag stuff, the Roses was one time where I preferred going to a big-ass arena. I'm just happy that I managed to see FLAG in a venue where the sound was good. It was loud, but not unbearable or distorted. I've noticed the Black Cat can be pretty spotty...especially depends where you stand. For the really loud concerts, I try to stake out a spot in front of the sound board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxAoQUuKgc

Loved The Stone Roses at MSG. The band was great, the crowd was beyond into it, standing the entire time and singing every word, so much better than my expectations. Folks next to me traveled from St. Louis, others in front of me came from the UK. Was a special time, and SideHunch shoulda made the trip, even at 45.

« Reply #2097 on: July 04, 2016, 06:15:31 pm »
yeah, not sure how I don't remember being at the WUST (which they are listing as Radio Music Hall?)

but I'm sure I was intoxicated so that may be part of it
set
looking back now getting there late was a real bummer as the first three songs were 3 of my favs
and no elephant stone!!
it was a very lack luster show as I was a huge fan of every thing prior to 2nd cum and they played nearly that entire album

and fools gold needs that bass line or it's not the same song
not sure if had to do with where we were on the floor or the sound system was just that bad
but it was missing ...at least to my ears
slack

« Reply #2098 on: July 04, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »
and SideHunch shoulda made the trip, even at 45.
trust me this and the iggy show are really bumming me out
timing and wallet size couldn't have been worse

I did find this funny article with quotes from fans about the new material to make me feel a little better about missing this show

As it started, I thought it sounded like Bryan Adams fronting Rainbow. And then I realised that it sounded more like Rainbow, the kids? TV show.

Repetitive, child-like lyrics that sound like they were lifted from Liam Gallagher?s ?maybe? pile,
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:54:23 am by SideStageHead |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 👻 »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2099 on: July 05, 2016, 09:31:33 am »
I have a great Stone Roses story. It was indeed at Gaston Hall. The band HATED the venue. I was like first in line and Ian Brown told me that they were moving the gig to the next night to WUST and to tell the crowd. I stood at the top of the stairs and told everyone in line behind me, to huge groans. Somehow I started walking with the band and ended up on the tour bus. They all signed CDs for me, including a Japanese bootleg that I found in Italy. I thought the WUST show was great but the MSG show was infinitely better.

wow.. cool story! I think getting them to sign the debut LP would probably be one of my top gets.. not going to happen!

hard to believe how few shows they played in the US.. and no shows supporting the debut album! In todays world it just would not happen that way...anybody that came up with an album like that would blow up and be playing Verizon instantly..

Interesting how they moved the show.. makes it seem like me and SideofPrevagenNeeded probably decided at the last minute to go to the Stone Roses...

seeing the set list... missing the first three songs...damn...

I only heard the one new Stone Roses song but I liked it...