Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305865 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2100 on: July 05, 2016, 09:46:04 am »
trust me this and the iggy show are really bumming me out

Sorry to say this, but those have been 2 of the best concerts I've ever seen...sorta weird that they're so close to each other. To be honest, I had NO idea the Stone Roses gig would be as good as it was. I was prepared for the worst. My recollection of the WUST show wasn't as bad as yours. Mani gave me his beer, the band destroyed a bunch of tunes that night including "I am the Resurrection" and true...it wasn't the greatest show...but it was far from awful. There were great moments...but Ian really doesn't have a great voice. I think he's been taking lessons or something because he sounded great at MSG. The real talent of the Roses is Reni and John Squire. And Mani is great...but he plays the role of John Paul Jones to Bonham and Page. Not everyone is a showman. And you realize that the talent of the Roses is on that level. They just never went on to have the discography that Zep had. Big statement, I know...but the talent is clearly there. I loved watching the guys give each other big, brotherly hugs at the end. It seems as though they all really love and respect each other.

« Reply #2101 on: July 05, 2016, 10:22:10 am »
To be honest, I had NO idea the Stone Roses gig would be as good as it was. I was prepared for the worst.

maybe they will decide that they love the cash and come back again
hope springs eternal
slack

hutch

« Reply #2102 on: July 08, 2016, 07:50:35 am »
hung over...

« Reply #2103 on: July 08, 2016, 10:35:10 am »
I love at 58, Bob does those high kicks!

Plus, had no idea until about 2 hours in that the cowardly lion on stage right was in fact Bobby Bare Jr.
looked like he was having a blast

Fun show, although I was feeling a little worn out by the end
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2104 on: July 08, 2016, 10:47:03 am »
the amount of high kicks was disappointing....2 ?

he did about 15 at the black cat !
(_|_)

« Reply #2105 on: July 08, 2016, 11:24:05 am »
the amount of high kicks was disappointing....2 ?

he did about 15 at the black cat !
Dude I can't do 1 and I'm 13 years younger than him

BBJ was really channeling his inner Townshend during Babba
slack

hutch

« Reply #2106 on: July 08, 2016, 11:47:22 am »
really hung over....

hutch

« Reply #2107 on: July 08, 2016, 12:16:00 pm »
real nice meeting bagley right before the show.... and hangin' with dyecraig at the backbar after!

killsaly

« Reply #2108 on: July 08, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »
I met NKOTB last night.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2109 on: July 08, 2016, 12:38:16 pm »
I met NKOTB last night.
Were they all just hanging out together? Do you have any details about a possible reunion?
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #2110 on: July 08, 2016, 12:57:45 pm »
Nope, sorry. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:00:11 pm by killsaly »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2111 on: July 09, 2016, 09:07:09 am »
First GBV show for me and I was thoroughly impressed. I was at backbar after show as well but didn't meet others. I was with group of older dudes (including myself) drinking and talking.  Friend's kid was talking with some members of Sad Eyes   

walk,on,by

« Reply #2112 on: July 09, 2016, 10:48:58 am »
so, I was asked, twice even, to go to the Dylan show at wolftrap.  I love the trap, so it was disappointing that I could not go . . . twice, even.  I heard he played the same set both nights.  ugh, really?  anybody go to let me know how it was / what I missed?  I have never heard of the opener, but have been schooled into knowing that she is excellent, even.

hutch

« Reply #2113 on: July 09, 2016, 11:20:36 am »
so, I was asked, twice even, to go to the Dylan show at wolftrap.  I love the trap, so it was disappointing that I could not go . . . twice, even.  I heard he played the same set both nights.  ugh, really?  anybody go to let me know how it was / what I missed?  I have never heard of the opener, but have been schooled into knowing that she is excellent, even.

new bob is different in that since about 2013 or 2014 the set lists are VERY static.. on the plus side he really sings his heart out and the versions are far more polished....

the man is like 75 so I think this is as good as its going to get....can't ask for more...but one can certainly say its not their cup of tea.

I didn't go to either Trap show.... I guess I associate going to Dylan with a friend that died about 15 months ago... it will be a while before I feel like going again...

« Reply #2114 on: July 09, 2016, 05:09:47 pm »
I didn't go to either Trap show....
was surprised by that
for the record, I think I've seen Mr. Z about 5 times with you
slack