Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305201 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2340 on: December 08, 2016, 01:26:11 pm »
Hutch, that tour is hitting here tomorrow. Worth seeing this go around? I'm on the fence since I'm going to Thievery Corporation tonite already.

well...that is a tough call.. depends on how much of a fan you are.. if not a big fan I would say no...Nashville Pussy sounded really AC/DC which for me was manna from the God... then Rev played about 45 minutes.. then Unknown Hinson came out and sang and played guitar with the RHH backing him for about 25 minutes.. he's very old school country with funny lyrics.. then the Rev came out for about 30 minute more of mainly hits.. the dude from Nashville Pussy came out and sang Motorhead's Ace of Spades with RHH backing him...Rev finished with Folsom Prison Blues.. they also played, earlier, to my delight Chuck Berry's Little Queenie

the set break between Nashville Pussy and RHH was pretty long.. a tortured 30 minutes for me.... I did not catch the opener opener Lucky Tubb but I've seen him before open for Hank Williams III and didn't think it was all that..

the dude- unknown hinson- is apparently on some tv show on cartoon network for the past 10 years.. squibblebait or somesuch.. I had no idea who he was.. he was good..

overall I had a good time and am glad I went but I had a free ticket truth be told and I just wanted to see RHH again....otherwise I would not recommend it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:50:15 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #2341 on: December 08, 2016, 01:28:57 pm »
I mean the RHH is a really great band.. Rev is phenomenal on guitar.. Jimbo great slappin' on the upright bass and the drummer very impressive.... but I think a few of the songs weren't all that great and you have to be into that kind of music a lot to enjoy it and not get bored...

hutch

« Reply #2342 on: December 08, 2016, 01:51:28 pm »
I have to say I cannot think of a less Julian show so now I think you're putting me on... ;D

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2343 on: December 08, 2016, 01:55:41 pm »
I have to say I cannot think of a less Julian show so now I think you're putting me on... ;D
I've seen both RHH and Unknown Hinson before. Neither are favorites of mine but they're OK.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2344 on: December 08, 2016, 02:07:02 pm »

GWAR?

« Reply #2345 on: December 08, 2016, 02:42:21 pm »
....Sidehatch was at the 1996 or 1997 show..maybe he can confirm..
I killed those braincells with extreme prejudice...dead brain cells tell no tales
slack

« Reply #2346 on: December 08, 2016, 02:59:17 pm »

GWAR?
I think at this point that's a "Natural Julian" show as far as this community is concerned.
LVMH

« Reply #2347 on: December 09, 2016, 09:08:14 am »
Caught a hobo-rock show at the Bathtub Republic

The People (from Phily) were excellent
The North Country (DC) headlined and put on a very solid show
would definitely catch them again
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #2348 on: December 10, 2016, 07:36:25 pm »
I think I'm going to muster up the energy to go see that rev horton/nashville show
oword

hutch

« Reply #2349 on: December 10, 2016, 07:50:03 pm »
I think I'm going to muster up the energy to go see that rev horton/nashville show

ok  great but make sure you get there in time for the full Nashville Pussy set.. they go on before the Rev..

Relaxer

« Reply #2350 on: December 10, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »

ok  great but make sure you get there in time for the full Nashville Pussy set.. they go on before the Rev..
Oh I did.
They were great
oword

Yada

« Reply #2351 on: December 12, 2016, 10:23:41 am »
Two thumbs up for the Kacey Musgraves performance on Saturday night.

Smokin' band, smokin' front woman, good tunes, Christmas spirit in full force. Would return.

« Reply #2352 on: December 12, 2016, 10:25:40 am »
Smokin' band, smokin' front woman,
Smokers are jokers.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2353 on: December 12, 2016, 10:30:31 am »

hutch

« Reply #2354 on: December 12, 2016, 12:09:46 pm »

Oh I did.
They were great

good good...

the guitarist plays some great Angus licks....