Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305766 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3975 on: September 12, 2021, 12:31:36 pm »
After four outdoor summer shows, I hit my first indoor show...Durand Jones and the Indications.

I agree with Challenged...they put on a great show. We missed the opening act, but two of their female members did double duty as backup singers for the headliner. Most people around us stayed masked. My wife said she noticed staff doing a good job of enforcing masking. I enjoyed being able to moved around a bit in the back, helping to alleviate my body pains.

Space Freely

« Reply #3976 on: September 12, 2021, 12:35:53 pm »
I had a few beers before show at this friends place which was cool cause he is moving out finally from this place he has rented since the mid 90s! I shit you not. So one last time at his place
Drinking before a concert? Will someone think of the children? - Space.

Let me clarify. When I said that, i was objecting to the idea of sitting in your car drinking before a show. That seems like a loser thing to do.

Going to a brewery, restaurant, bar, friend's hour and having a beer or two before a show (or at any time in life) is cool. Getting shitfaced before a show (which no doubt is going to make you act like an asshole in public), or sitting in your car drinking, are loser things to do.

The end.

Space Freely

« Reply #3977 on: September 12, 2021, 12:39:50 pm »
^^POTW

Someone fire up the Meme MEGATHREAD.

Sorry, but probably less than 5% of my vacations are spend in breweries. I'll stop sharing my reports on them if you don't enjoy them.

Some people fly to shitholes like Kansas City to see live music during a pandemic. To me, that's the height of stupid (even if it's not a pandemic.)

Starsky

« Reply #3978 on: September 12, 2021, 12:52:30 pm »

never been to KC but if I went I would probably get into the jazz history there…

I think Julian flew to Tulsa?

Space Freely

« Reply #3979 on: September 12, 2021, 12:56:44 pm »

never been to KC but if I went I would probably get into the jazz history there…

Ok, my bad. Who could resist going to Tulsa?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3980 on: September 12, 2021, 01:12:05 pm »

Right state, wrong town - Oklahoma City.

Actually was a cool town. Was surprised. 
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3981 on: September 12, 2021, 01:18:35 pm »

Serious question.  and not meant to be judgmental. Did you feel guilty spending money in a Red State?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3982 on: September 12, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »

Serious question.  and not meant to be judgmental. Did you feel guilty spending money in a Red State?
No. The idea that the denizens of Oklahoma City — or any large city in red states — are some Trump loving buffoons is just not accurate. I’m supposed to not patronize Raleigh, Oklahoma City, Asheville, Boise, or any other number of great places to punish some hicks who live a hundred miles away? Nothing says support for our blue brethren like writing off 45% of them because they happen to live in a state that is not yet Blue.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #3983 on: September 12, 2021, 01:32:50 pm »
I had a few beers before show at this friends place which was cool cause he is moving out finally from this place he has rented since the mid 90s! I shit you not. So one last time at his place

Let me clarify. When I said that, i was objecting to the idea of sitting in your car drinking before a show. That seems like a loser thing to do.

Going to a brewery, restaurant, bar, friend's hour and having a beer or two before a show (or at any time in life) is cool. Getting shitfaced before a show (which no doubt is going to make you act like an asshole in public), or sitting in your car drinking, are loser things to do.

The end.

Smells like a Space back pedal to me.

Space Freely

« Reply #3984 on: September 12, 2021, 01:37:06 pm »

No. The idea that the denizens of Oklahoma City — or any large city in red states — are some Trump loving buffoons is just not accurate. I’m supposed to not patronize Raleigh, Oklahoma City, Asheville, Boise, or any other number of great places to punish some hicks who live a hundred miles away? Nothing says support for our blue brethren like writing off 45% of them because they happen to live in a state that is not yet Blue.

Ok, good answer. I will use it as an argument the next time my brother, wife, or anyone else try to posit their I never want to vacation vim a rec state ideas.

That said, I ain't going to Texas

Space Freely

« Reply #3985 on: September 12, 2021, 01:43:49 pm »

The end.

Smells like a Space back pedal to me.

If you can find the original post, feel free to dredge it up. Perhaps at the time I misstated what I meant. What I fmeant is that I think it's stupid to get drunk before a concert, and pathetic at our ages. I'm also glad my 14 yo thinks this way, and hope she continues to do so. :)

Starsky

« Reply #3986 on: September 12, 2021, 02:08:23 pm »
There’s a difference between drinking and getting drunk.

Having a few drinks before a concert is not getting drunk.

Nobody cares what you think is pathetic.  You on the other hand seem to really care and have a need to tell everyone. Does it make you feel superior or better than others? It’s something you do a lot and it’s annoying as fuck

I mean I don’t sit around telling you all the things that are kind of pathetic about your life?! You want me to? Well, likewise I really think you should tone down the judging…. Calling cities shitholes?

Nobody ever said getting drunk before a show was cool… you came down on pregaming… getting together with friends before a show for a few drinks is part of the fun for many…if you don’t like it that’s your problem

Starsky

« Reply #3987 on: September 12, 2021, 02:16:48 pm »
Damn space stop getting on your holier than though soapbox

You sound like one of those prohibition nuts

WALKonBack

« Reply #3988 on: September 12, 2021, 02:55:33 pm »
Ahhh, the smell of men fighting.

Space Freely

« Reply #3989 on: September 12, 2021, 03:28:40 pm »
Bored with this conversation. Someone else please talk about a show they went to.

FWIW, i did have a glass of wine with dinner at Barcelona last night, then a beer at District Garden before the show last night.

And what is wrong with calling a city a shithole? It's not like you're judging a person, you're judging a city.