Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305781 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4020 on: September 17, 2021, 10:31:21 am »
this sippymask looks like it might be a good option...as I'm not a fan of straws for beer

He looks like a 12 year old. Are you sure that's beer?

« Reply #4021 on: September 17, 2021, 10:32:30 am »
received a phone message  that someone her phone was in close contact with on 9/8 had tested positive. No symptoms here from anyone, it's been nine days. I wonder if she signed up for something that sends her alerts like that.
I would assume she has the covidwise app.  I've never gotten an alert, but it complains when I turn off bluetooth

Random note: I saw tickets for last night's show on Stubhub yesterday for as low as $21 with fees included. But I'm not a back to back show warrior.
hmm...not seeing anything close to resembling that price  -$65 with fees is what I'm seeing.
maybe someone scooped them up quick

I've been a little surprised that more tix haven't been coming up cheap for shows
People are just eating them and not asking for refunds or trying to sell
slack

Yada

« Reply #4022 on: September 17, 2021, 10:39:24 am »
After nearly a 10 year break (this seems to be a trend of the last few shows I've seen), checked out Dr. Dog last night at The Club.

Couldn't have asked for a better show/setlist/time.... They've come a looooooong way over the years and it's unfortunate this tour is it (but is it)? The band looks pretty damn healthy (maybe a few years off the road did them some good). Some new arrangements to old classics were great and best of all, the club wasn't even that packed which was surprising. I'd imagine the next two Friday night shows will be ass to masks crowded.

Wearing a mask the entire show wasn't great, but in the end this is the new abnormal! Everyone around me complied...

Did not look at the merch...

Parking was a bitch.

Dinner at San Lorenzo pre show was a 10/10.

That was probably a smart move going on the Thursday show. We'll see how tonight goes. I'm hoping there are some no-shows due to COVID. Durand Jones was sold out Saturday night and there was still room to move in the back (more so than usual.)

I looked at the setlist. Three songs off of Easy Beat are about two too many for me, and I don't need to hear both "Nellie" and "Lonesome." (I'd rather hear neither of them.) But good that you liked it. I hope they don't pull a Wilco and repeat the same show tonight.

Honestly, I know I've been back and forth on mask wearing, but I had no issue with wearing it the whole show my first time. Thumbs up on it for now, and good luck to staph at enforcing it.

What was your first Dr. Dog show? Mine was seeing them open for Bobby Bare Jr at Iota. I didn't really appreciate them at the time. But my wife loved them, and so did Bobby. He stood in the crowd the whole set giddily bopping his head. Google tells me it was 2/22/06.

Random note: I saw tickets for last night's show on Stubhub yesterday for as low as $21 with fees included. But I'm not a back to back show warrior.

I don't think you'll get any repeats to be honest... I only didn't like one song during the whole show. I really enjoyed the new arrangements on a few of the songs... Highly enjoyed Lonesome... I'm assuming you didn't drink at the show and I run hot, so being a little warm + constantly slugging over priced Stellas was a little annoying, but not a big deal.

I saw Dr. Dog open for MMJ at the 930 club in maybe 2004 or 05? That was the first time and then I saw them again at Ottobar in 2009. Then saw them way too much for like three years.

I typically drink a couple of cups of water at 9:30 shows (thanks 9:30 for providing water, love you guys so much more than Birchmere), but decided just to stay 100% masked up the whole show. It was a little hot.

On a side note:My wife took our kid to the Kesha show (and to Shake Shack) at Anthem on 9/8, and received a phone message  that someone her phone was in close contact with on 9/8 had tested positive. No symptoms here from anyone, it's been nine days. I wonder if she signed up for something that sends her alerts like that.

I think there was an app going around for a while that did that... I took it off my phone like a year ago.

I don't think there was water last night like old times at the 930 club... you had to directly ask the surly bartender for a cup of water so I just asked for beer instead.

Space Freely

« Reply #4023 on: September 17, 2021, 10:40:44 am »
received a phone message  that someone her phone was in close contact with on 9/8 had tested positive. No symptoms here from anyone, it's been nine days. I wonder if she signed up for something that sends her alerts like that.
I would assume she has the covidwise app.  I've never gotten an alert, but it complains when I turn off bluetooth

hmm...not seeing anything close to resembling that price  -$65 with fees is what I'm seeing.
maybe someone scooped them up quick

I've been a little surprised that more tix haven't been coming up cheap for shows
People are just eating them and not asking for refunds or trying to sell

I probably don't want to know the answer, but I assume since she's vaccinated, she's not required to get tested or quarantine in spite of receiving the message?

The $21 tickets were for last night's not sold out Thursday show. And that was only for a short time. As show time apporached, the cheapest ones were gone. (I'm becoming a total Sidehatch watching ticket prices)" The sold out Friday shows are indeed quite a bit more.

« Reply #4024 on: September 17, 2021, 10:41:52 am »

I don't think there was water last night like old times at the 930 club... you had to directly ask the surly bartender for a cup of water so I just asked for beer instead.
Meant to respond to this...no pitchers of water this time around
a tradition at the 9:30 for decades...I was bummmed when I saw that and didn't feel like having to tip a bartender for a cup of water
slack

Yada

« Reply #4025 on: September 17, 2021, 10:42:18 am »
Speaking of ticket price watching...

Keep an eye out on those Outlaw Music Festival tickets for next Friday night... the big DIP is gonna happen soon.

« Reply #4026 on: September 17, 2021, 10:47:02 am »

Keep an eye out on those Outlaw Music Festival tickets for next Friday night... the big DIP is gonna happen soon.
that show has sold a lot of tix, unlike that Wilco show
it's not sold out, but there are only about 25 tix in the pav and the all suck
slack

Yada

« Reply #4027 on: September 17, 2021, 10:50:05 am »

I can almost bet that there are 100's of tix still in the pavillion that will start to magically appear over the next week... we shall see. I may take the whole family if it's a nice night and just chill on the lawn.

« Reply #4028 on: September 17, 2021, 10:50:52 am »

I can almost bet that there are 100's of tix still in the pavillion that will start to magically appear over the next week... we shall see. I may take the whole family if it's a nice night and just chill on the lawn.
does seem like the perfect show for that

hopefully someone will put up one of those 4-packs for the lawn at a steep discount...but right now that will set you back $180
I'd probably get a babysitter
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 10:53:21 am by Side-dumbass ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4029 on: September 17, 2021, 10:51:05 am »

Meh, I've already seen Willie.

Yada

« Reply #4030 on: September 17, 2021, 10:52:22 am »

Thank you for your contribution.

Space Freely

« Reply #4031 on: September 17, 2021, 11:00:18 am »

Enjoy the days of being able to drag the whole family to shows of your choosing. That doesn't last long.

Yada

« Reply #4032 on: September 17, 2021, 11:02:08 am »

Enjoy the days of being able to drag the whole family to shows of your choosing. That doesn't last long.

I think you still do it, no?

Space Freely

« Reply #4033 on: September 17, 2021, 11:09:01 am »

I think you still do it, no?

No, they choose whether they want to go, or not. Of course that leads to situations like tonight, when someone in the party who originally said "Sure, get me a ticket" and now they are saying "Do I have to go?"

Starsky

« Reply #4034 on: September 17, 2021, 11:16:06 am »

Meant to respond to this...no pitchers of water this time around
a tradition at the 9:30 for decades...I was bummmed when I saw that and didn't feel like having to tip a bartender for a cup of water

That’s weird

Are we sure it’s not due to covid? Imagine someone having pitcher touch their cup….then someone else do same

We mustn’t always assume worst