Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305364 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4125 on: October 03, 2021, 10:00:40 pm »
This..."Being five feet away from Erika didn't hurt".

If I had been five feet from Jim James I would have said the same thing.

Space Freely

« Reply #4126 on: October 03, 2021, 10:03:20 pm »
Who is clown show DLR?

David Lee Roth. Hutch had carried on about how he personified rock and roll. You know, the 65+ guy who claims to have fucked everything with two legs.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4127 on: October 03, 2021, 10:04:46 pm »
And I would've posted the same comment.

Space Freely

« Reply #4128 on: October 03, 2021, 10:14:41 pm »
And I would've posted the same comment.

Haha, good one.

Starsky

« Reply #4129 on: October 04, 2021, 08:04:32 am »
Who is clown show DLR?

David Lee Roth. Hutch had carried on about how he personified rock and roll. You know, the 65+ guy who claims to have fucked everything with two legs.

No I went on, in response to his retirement, about how he had been a great frontman despite a really poor voice… and carried Van Halen to the big time

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:25:02 am by Starsky »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4130 on: October 04, 2021, 08:27:15 am »

Mac McCaughan at DC9 was way more fun than I thought it would be.

It was Mac on Guitar with Jim from Superchunk on Bass and Matt from The Mountain Goats on Keys and Sax. A wide range of songs from the new record, other solo work, Portastatic, Superchunk and even a Mag Fields and a Mekons cover. Some played with drum track, one with a drummer pullled from the crowd.

I liked this much better than the acoustic Mac and Jim thing. So much more energy with electric guitars and percussion involved virtual and real, and Matt's sax solo on Slack Motherfucker was sublime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTUq_iOv2Qw       

75 Dollar Bill opened and were weird but cool rhythms and guitar. Basically one dude on guitar and two dudes on misc. percussion things. More of a groove and a vibe than a collection of songs.  :D

So they carted a whole drum set to the show for one song, played by an audience member?

Just a snare drum and floor tom. Not used by the opener.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4131 on: October 04, 2021, 08:45:10 am »
Weekend Roundup:

Jeff Tweedy in Brooklyn on Friday night with my daughter was terrific. New venue, very wide, but maybe only around 30 people deep. Was able to get there kind of early and stand by the rail, I do like having something to lean on. Great set list, terrific banter. Pizza in Bushwick at Sauce and Soda before the show was really great.

Ted Leo in NYC on Saturday with my daughter and her boyfriend was a fun show. Solo electric (mostly). I am hoping that Ted goes out with the band in the springtime. I need to hear him with Chris on the drums. City Winery Loft is cool. Pizza afterwards on the UWS at Mama's Too was otherworldly.

Don't larf, but Frank Turner in Philly on Sunday was the rockingist of the 3 shows. Just Frank on acoustic and Matt on Mandolin, but a packed venue (underground arts) and loud mix, and a really fired up crowd for a matinee performance. Made the decision last minute to go to this, and really glad I did.  Also got to wander Philly and see that cool new "Contrafuerte" sculpture. No pizza was had.

Got home aroud 6 from Philly and we realized that girlfriend's daughter was performing at Loch Bar at the Four Seasons in Baltimore from 7-11 (she does covers, acoustic guitar), and so we went to that. She was great, and has added a Spoon song to the repetoire. No Pizza, but had a really great seafood tower thing.

« Reply #4132 on: October 04, 2021, 08:50:21 am »
Nice...I see you are making up for lost time, still possible to get 100 in in 2021?!
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4133 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:47 am »
Nice...I see you are making up for lost time, still possible to get 100 in in 2021?!

Not getting anywhere near 100, probably 45? 50 would be the stretch-goal.

« Reply #4134 on: October 04, 2021, 10:28:01 am »

come on man, there are almost 85 days left, that means you can take off one day a week and still do it
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4135 on: October 04, 2021, 11:27:57 am »

come on man, there are almost 85 days left, that means you can take off one day a week and still do it

Will you subsidize the tickets and coffees?

« Reply #4136 on: October 04, 2021, 11:41:01 am »

I'll pay for 1 slice per show...
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4137 on: October 04, 2021, 11:43:17 am »
not trolling.  Just made a statement based on your post.  Part of your report just came off a little "old man" creepy to me, just my opinion.

funny, for me it came across as Space still being drunk.  some pretty weird of not downright bad sentence construction in there.
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4138 on: October 04, 2021, 11:47:14 am »

I'll pay for 1 slice per show...

I'm listening...

Yada

« Reply #4139 on: October 04, 2021, 11:47:19 am »
not trolling.  Just made a statement based on your post.  Part of your report just came off a little "old man" creepy to me, just my opinion.

funny, for me it came across as Space still being drunk.  some pretty weird of not downright bad sentence construction in there.

I think his wife had him bound and gagged at that time...