Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305756 times)

Starsky

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4455 on: June 13, 2022, 08:05:04 am »
As I recall Anthem abides by the artist’s choice regarding vaccine checks. Trust me nobody enjoys implementing them…

Also, there is no way to get thousands of people in without it taking time. I mean you just have to do a security check in today’s world. Just the way it is. You’ve got to get there early. Not sure if pier was closed off to Anthem but that complicates matters more when it’s the case.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 08:06:46 am by Starsky »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4456 on: June 13, 2022, 08:23:25 am »
TikTok killed the indie rock star.

Thought Phoebe was solid last night. Props to the crew as the stage looked absolutely incredible.

Hoping there is a better way to notify ticketholders that the line for the vaccine check is at the other end of the wharf. Received the usual email regarding entrance options, one near the shake shack and the other closer to the entrance, only to arrive 30 minutes before she went on and had to walk a considerable distance. Ended up not being a problem and the crew were extremely helpful, but I imagine any of us could have missed some of the set if working on a tighter schedule.
(_|_)

Starsky

« Reply #4457 on: June 13, 2022, 08:32:09 am »
I wonder how many Anthems Phoebe could have sold out. At least one more…maybe two.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4458 on: June 13, 2022, 08:37:56 am »
she can sell out 2 nights at capital one in a year or so.  Her fanbase will probably triple in the next year or so.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/tiktok-is-turning-music-marketing-into-a-labyrinthian-game/

"Even Phoebe Bridgers’ team tried to get ahead of the curve by sending select influencers advance previews of her song “Sidelines” to share."
(_|_)

« Reply #4459 on: June 13, 2022, 08:47:03 am »
I wonder how many Anthems Phoebe could have sold out. At least one more…maybe two.
just think it wasn't that long ago she was playing the black cat with conor oberst in 2019

Did anyone catch her 2018 set at the RNRH?

They're still doing vaccine check? LOL.
last two 9:30 club shows they did not
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4460 on: June 13, 2022, 09:18:01 am »
Nobody went to see Paul in Baltimore?!?!

I kind of wanted to go….

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4461 on: June 13, 2022, 10:34:26 am »
I went.  Got a last minute cheap (relatively speaking) limited view ticket.  Sitting near sections where they let people with wristbands on the field and noticed about 30 minutes in how lax security was in checking wristbands.  So I gave it a try and made it down to field and spend next 2 hours 15 minutes wandering around the big $$$ seated area and taking it all in (they were letting people kinda stand around the rows of seats for the most part).  It was a great show as usual for Paul and the band.  If you have seen him in the past 10 years or so, it is basically same type of show with some different songs interspersed.  I thought his voice sounded great.  Sound was fantastic, light show was great and most of all he was/is a Beatle. It is amazing how many great songs he has written spanning 60 years or so.  Hard to believe that an 80 year old (in a few days) can play/sing 2 hours 45 minutes straight and seem to do so effortlessly.

« Reply #4462 on: June 13, 2022, 10:48:38 am »
nice, Cock FTW!
sounds almost like the same experience as GWAR!
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4463 on: June 13, 2022, 10:56:24 am »
yes basically the same show.

nice, Cock FTW!
sounds almost like the same experience as GWAR!

Starsky

« Reply #4464 on: June 13, 2022, 11:01:19 am »
Huge Cock!

Well played!

Bagley

« Reply #4465 on: June 13, 2022, 12:43:11 pm »

Did anyone catch her 2018 set at the RNRH?

[quote

Yes, I was quite taken with Soccer Mommy and her band, at the time....

GAY,GUY

« Reply #4466 on: June 13, 2022, 01:18:48 pm »
Quite a few of my friends and people I know went to see Dave Matthews at Nissan . . . so I got to the experience the show from parking lot to encore without even being there, from so many photos and videos of whole songs from various sections of the venue.  I have always wanted to go to a DM show, but in my jam band days, we were always told to stay away from that Patagonia Rock Scene.  I do miss going to a pavilion / lawn show, though, with the parking lot hanging out and having to pay so much money while inside.

« Reply #4467 on: June 13, 2022, 01:25:53 pm »
You drove to Bristow to hang in a parking lot with DMB fans...
Did you spot Yada?
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4468 on: June 13, 2022, 01:29:15 pm »
re-read his post.  He got the experience from his friends social-media posts (which apparently included parking lot fun through the encore).  He was smart enough not to go, but unfortunately not smart enough not to watch the social media posts.

You drove to Bristow to hang in a parking lot with DMB fans...
Did you spot Yada?

GAY,GUY

« Reply #4469 on: June 13, 2022, 01:34:55 pm »
It's funny . . . because, it's true.