Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1305206 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4665 on: October 24, 2022, 03:09:52 pm »
I know nothing about the relative cleanliness of your body parts, but the frequency of hand washing is directly correlated to reducing the spread of disease. It's not as important that it be after you use the bathroom (though occasionally that's extremely called for), but since you've already gone to a room with a sink and soap, you should seize the opportunity.

Or not. Maybe you go to the bathroom once to pee, then later, in a separate transaction, to wash your hands. More power to you.

Space Freely

« Reply #4666 on: October 24, 2022, 03:26:03 pm »
I know nothing about the relative cleanliness of your body parts, but the frequency of hand washing is directly correlated to reducing the spread of disease. It's not as important that it be after you use the bathroom (though occasionally that's extremely called for), but since you've already gone to a room with a sink and soap, you should seize the opportunity.

Or not. Maybe you go to the bathroom once to pee, then later, in a separate transaction, to wash your hands. More power to you.

And then there's my brother, who told me to keep my hands off the bench we were sitting on, because I might get monkey pox from touching a bench.

I promise I will wash my hands before I fist bump you, should we ever meet.

Yada

« Reply #4667 on: October 24, 2022, 03:30:43 pm »
Sounds like Space's weiner is cleaner than his HVAC ducts.

Starsky

« Reply #4668 on: October 25, 2022, 09:10:43 am »
When I saw the Rev about 6 years ago (also with Nashville Pussy) the show kind of bummed me out….. seeeing how the whole libations theme and act are pretty much the same and yet the Rev is very much older, is kind of depressing…. not to say I don’t get drinking at an older age but certainly not anything to celebrate at 63…. I know it’s an act but for me it doesn’t age well… and I always thought Liquor was a pretty weak album

Looking at the set list looks like it would have been an amazing show but it depressed me…

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/reverend-horton-heat/2016/rams-head-live-baltimore-md-13fbcd4d.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:12:53 am by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #4669 on: October 25, 2022, 09:48:19 am »
It’s kind of the same with Sinatra…that boozing schtick just ages poorly….on Sinatra at the Sands which was recorded about when Frank was 50 the monologues about drinking are intolerable…

« Reply #4670 on: October 25, 2022, 09:57:28 am »
…. I know it’s an act but for me it doesn’t age well… and I always thought Liquor was a pretty weak album

Looking at the set list looks like it would have been an amazing show but it depressed me…

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/reverend-horton-heat/2016/rams-head-live-baltimore-md-13fbcd4d.html
So I owned Liquor in the front, so I'd listened to it to it a bunch back then
so I was familiar with all the songs, but now that you mention it, really was a departure from the sound I loved on,The Full-Custom Gospel Sounds of the Reverend Horton Heat and Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

but there are some screamers on there, but would have rather heard all those covers from the set you saw and more than 4 songs from his earlier work or even some from It's Martini Time

I think the last time I saw him was in like 95/96

But the schtick worked for me and while most of the crowd was there for the toadies, there were a fair amount of hard core rev fans
He still plays a mean guitar and it sounded fantastic
 has some fun stage banter (with only a few mentioning alcohol, but that is definitely part of the act, he didn't have a single drink on stage and seemed sober as a judge), plus Jimbo slamming away on that Upright like it's a percussion instrument is always fun in my book

didn't depress me at all, was great to hear some energetic live music that sounded crisp and clean
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:59:32 am by siggy-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4671 on: October 25, 2022, 11:59:12 am »
…. I know it’s an act but for me it doesn’t age well… and I always thought Liquor was a pretty weak album

So I owned Liquor in the front, so I'd listened to it to it a bunch back then
so I was familiar with all the songs, but now that you mention it, really was a departure from the sound I loved on,The Full-Custom Gospel Sounds of the Reverend Horton Heat and Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

but there are some screamers on there, but would have rather heard all those covers from the set you saw and more than 4 songs from his earlier work or even some from It's Martini Time

I think the last time I saw him was in like 95/96

But the schtick worked for me and while most of the crowd was there for the toadies, there were a fair amount of hard core rev fans
He still plays a mean guitar and it sounded fantastic
 has some fun stage banter (with only a few mentioning alcohol, but that is definitely part of the act, he didn't have a single drink on stage and seemed sober as a judge), plus Jimbo slamming away on that Upright like it's a percussion instrument is always fun in my book

didn't depress me at all, was great to hear some energetic live music that sounded crisp and clean

Well maybe he put the shtick to rest…

Glad you enjoyed it.

« Reply #4672 on: October 25, 2022, 12:03:24 pm »
I will say, it does sound like KG&LW was a much better show by a mile
but my tix was free, so there is that
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4673 on: October 28, 2022, 08:04:06 am »
I will submit my Arcade Fire Post Show Banter (not a show review) over the weekend, as the mountains await me today. Boy do I
 have a story for y'all.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4674 on: October 28, 2022, 08:37:08 am »
I will submit my Arcade Fire Post Show Banter (not a show review) over the weekend, as the mountains await me today. Boy do I
 have a story for y'all.
I'll offer 4-1 odds the story has a prominent bathroom element to it. Any takers?
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #4675 on: October 28, 2022, 09:33:58 am »
It was an “all pour” show so at least he didn’t get bottled….

Yada

« Reply #4676 on: October 28, 2022, 09:36:23 am »
 have a story for y'all.
I'll offer 4-1 odds the story has a prominent bathroom element to it. Any takers?

I'm guessing it contains a spring break 2023 trip announcement.

Starsky

« Reply #4677 on: October 28, 2022, 09:48:11 am »
Guessing it will contain

1. Reference to age of people at show. Maybe weight too…

2. Reference to how he got a cheap/free ticket

Damn it Space, say hi next time!

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #4678 on: October 28, 2022, 09:57:58 am »
Would actually appreciate anyone's take on the show (tonight's as well). On the fence about going Saturday. Setlist from last night looked great and tickets for Sat are down to $7.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4679 on: October 28, 2022, 12:44:48 pm »
 have a story for y'all.

my bets:
1. a reference to price & savings, with a bonus apples-to-oranges comparison to a show that he paid a lot less for
b) a description of just how much his wife knew she wouldn't like the show, went anyways, and didn't like the show
iii- an "observation" that will make you ask yourself, "wait - was that a tad racist?" (it isn't, just reads that way)
<sig>