Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242904 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2925 on: June 24, 2013, 04:53:48 pm »
im learning about geography, in this here thread.

James Ford

« Reply #2926 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:31 am »
And yet you didn't find anything on that list you wanted to drink?

By "I didn't find anything on the list that I wanted to drink" did you really mean "I didn't see anything that I had hear of?"

Yeah, but the ABV is 2.7%, so what's the point?

;D

Union Craft makes a Berliner weisse. 

Anyway the stupidity behind your mainstream comment is that Max's had five firkin's of Union Craft brew at their rare brews fest.

James Ford

« Reply #2927 on: June 25, 2013, 08:13:21 am »
de Strusse night at Churchkey > Founders night at Big Hunt (on same night). Not even close for me.

i really like insanity. i have 3 bottles aging now.

will be in DC for the founders event Wednesday night at big hunt. hoping for a bolt cutter surprise cameo!

Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Pale Ale
Double Trouble
All Day IPA
And more(!?)

hoping for some good brews at AHA pro-brewer night on thursday. 

atomicfront

« Reply #2928 on: June 25, 2013, 09:42:33 am »

By "I didn't find anything on the list that I wanted to drink" did you really mean "I didn't see anything that I had hear of?"

;D

Anyway the stupidity behind your mainstream comment is that Max's had five firkin's of Union Craft brew at their rare brews fest.

No I looked at the descriptions of the beers and nothing was anything I would want to drink.  The Union Craft was all their Pale Ale with different types of tea added. I did not enjoy their pale ale so why would I drink it.  It was gimic beers.  And there weren't that many available.  Maybe 30.  5 of which were the Union Craft brews. 

James Ford

« Reply #2929 on: June 25, 2013, 12:34:31 pm »
It sounds like maybe you have a very limited palate, like my 72 year old mom.

Sure, she'll drink a lager or a wheat beer or three, but give her a stout (too roasty), an IPA (too bitter), a quad (too strong) or a sour (too sour), and she aint having none of that.

Of course give her one of those after she's had three Blue Moons, and WTF, she'll drink it.

I didn't see the beer descriptions, but based on which breweries were represented, I could have easily been curious enough to try a dozen of them. And if I saw the descriptions...watch out, probably twice that!

;D

No I looked at the descriptions of the beers and nothing was anything I would want to drink.  The Union Craft was all their Pale Ale with different types of tea added. I did not enjoy their pale ale so why would I drink it.  It was gimic beers.  And there weren't that many available.  Maybe 30.  5 of which were the Union Craft brews. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:37:17 pm by James Ford »

atomicfront

« Reply #2930 on: June 25, 2013, 12:51:07 pm »

Sure, she'll drink a lager or a wheat beer or three, but give her a stout (too roasty), an IPA (too bitter), a quad (too strong) or a sour (too sour), and she aint having none of that.

Of course give her one of those after she's had three Blue Moons, and WTF, she'll drink it.

I didn't see the beer descriptions, but based on which breweries were represented, I could have easily been curious enough to try a dozen of them. And if I saw the descriptions...watch out, probably twice that!

;D

Maybe you  have a limited palate.  Maybe that is why you have to read beer advocate to figure out what beer to like.  You really have issues. 

James Ford

« Reply #2931 on: June 25, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »
Wow, a tad defensive?

I'm willing to try just about any beer. How does that translate to my having a limited palate?

And sure, if there are 30 beers I haven't tried at an obscure beer fest, and I can't try every one of them, of course I'm going to read what people on beer advocate had to say about them. That would probably give me additional information beyond the descriptions provided by Max's. Why would I not want to know what other people had thought about them?  Their additional descriptions might help me narrow the list down to a drinkable number.

;D

Maybe you  have a limited palate.  Maybe that is why you have to read beer advocate to figure out what beer to like.  You really have issues. 

atomicfront

« Reply #2932 on: June 25, 2013, 01:09:36 pm »
Wow, a tad defensive?

I'm willing to try just about any beer. How does that translate to my having a limited palate?

And sure, if there are 30 beers I haven't tried at an obscure beer fest, and I can't try every one of them, of course I'm going to read what people on beer advocate had to say about them. That would probably give me additional information beyond the descriptions provided by Max's. Why would I not want to know what other people had thought about them?  Their additional descriptions might help me narrow the list down to a drinkable number.

;D

Maybe all of them have limited palates.

James Ford

« Reply #2933 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34:45 pm »
Maybe they do. But I'd trust a random stranger who only likes hoppy beers who has tried 50 different IPA's opinion about a certain IPA more than I would my mom's.

Of course I'd trust my own opinion most, but I'm operating under the assumption that there are too many beers for me to try.

Wow, a tad defensive?

;D

brennser

« Reply #2934 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:01 pm »
wow, thats quite a back and forth

went to Max's - was old and wore horn rimmed glasses - good time - not too crowded (it was after 11pm) - some decent beers Stone Ruinten, Boulevard Saison Brett, BFM, Barrel Aged Narwhal

Also went to "Of Love and Regret" last night - again very solid - good food, great selection of stillwater and other beers

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2935 on: June 25, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »

"if you think everyone else is the problem, perhaps the problem is you."
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #2936 on: June 25, 2013, 02:13:48 pm »

"if you think everyone else is the problem, perhaps the problem is you."

Well than the answer is we should all drink Bud Light? 

James Ford

« Reply #2937 on: June 25, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »
For those into bigass double IPA's, this is a big week. Coming to VA this week:

Stone RuinTen
Founders Devil Dancer
Alewerks Bitter Valentine

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2938 on: June 25, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »
so in my normal founders double trouble buying frenzy, god i love that beer and would drink it all year long if i could, but ive already said that once, i came upon this here

cant remember if i had it or not before.  those crazy people over at atomicfronts antichrist beer publication rated it nicely.

Yada

« Reply #2939 on: June 25, 2013, 05:27:01 pm »
so in my normal founders double trouble buying frenzy, god i love that beer and would drink it all year long if i could, but ive already said that once, i came upon this here

cant remember if i had it or not before.  those crazy people over at atomicfronts antichrist beer publication rated it nicely.

it's actually a terrible beer.