Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242975 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7920 on: February 14, 2017, 02:12:15 pm »
stone beers i am still a fanboy of:
- most, but not all, of the Enjoy By series
- RIS
- wootstout
- Epic series (12.12.12, 11.11.11, etc.) if you can find them in good shape
- xocoveza
- ruinTen (including the variants)

stone beers that while not exciting are damn fine:
- IPA
- ruination
- vanilla bean porter
- enjoy after (i've only had one so far, the first one, so while i really liked it i'm not going to put a beer i've had one example of in my fanboy category)

stone made the decision to go big, so not everything they produce can be a palette crushing extreme beer.  but pretty much everything they make is at least good, with many examples of great to excellent.

</FANBOY>
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7921 on: February 14, 2017, 02:22:03 pm »
- RIS
- wootstout
- xocoveza

- IPA
- ruination
- vanilla bean porter
- enjoy after (i've only had one so far, the first one, so while i really liked it i'm not going to put a beer i've had one example of in my fanboy category)

stone made the decision to go big, so not everything they produce can be a palette crushing extreme beer.  but pretty much everything they make is at least good, with many examples of great to excellent.

</FANBOY>

Have an Enjoy After I haven't crack yet, but +1 on everything else he said.

Yada

« Reply #7922 on: February 14, 2017, 02:44:00 pm »
- RIS
- wootstout
- xocoveza

- IPA
- ruination
- vanilla bean porter

</FANBOY>

I can say with confidence if I saw any of the beers listed above on the shelf, I wouldn't buy them. Maybe the xocoveza, but I'm sure that beer doesn't meet the ounce/cost space ratio factor.

Yada

« Reply #7923 on: February 14, 2017, 03:25:34 pm »
Will this beer the largest clusterfuck in Richmond beer history?

Saturday February 11th will be our second Tasting Room Remix. This time we are honored to host our good friends TRILLIUM!!!

Starting at 12pm when we open doors, we will be pouring 9 beers on draft from Trillium and some very special beers from us. We will announce the draft list from both breweries as we get closer. The Trillium team will be around hanging out all day too, so make sure you say sup.

For this special occasion, we decided to bring back the boiz from Maine at The High Roller Lobster Co to murder us with their inventive and classic lobster/seafood creations. They are bringing twice as much Lobster as last time, so don't freak out.

Like last Tasting Room Remix, we will have DJ sets all day from BillyCrystalfingers, Chenchilla, DJ El Capone, DJ Ant Boogz, and DJ Mom(Baxter from High Roller). We will also be hosting our first ever live music performance. Our friend and local hip-hop artist Chance Fischer will be turning things up to finish out the night.

It's going to be straight lit! So come through and try some rad beers from Trillium on draft and some cool limited beers from us Veilians.

Open 12pm-12am for this day. No cover. No tickets. Just awesome beer, food, and jamz all dang day!

Based on the social medias and some first hand accounts, sounds like it was somewhat disastrous and a giant cluster.

Assuming they switch things up for the one year anniversary party and offer guaranteed beers/sessions, I hope to turn in one of my haul passes to get down to Richmond for 24 hours.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7924 on: February 14, 2017, 03:30:28 pm »
Maybe the xocoveza, but I'm sure that beer doesn't meet the ounce/cost space ratio factor.

it's in 6 packs now.

and even before the sixers, a bomber of xocoveza was very reasonably priced.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7925 on: February 14, 2017, 04:24:16 pm »
- RIS
- wootstout
- xocoveza

- IPA
- ruination
- vanilla bean porter

</FANBOY>

I can say with confidence if I saw any of the beers listed above on the shelf, I wouldn't buy them. Maybe the xocoveza, but I'm sure that beer doesn't meet the ounce/cost space ratio factor.

Xocoveza actually is a bargain. I bought a six pack of  this year (mispriced at $11.99, correct price was $15.99 or so, still a bargain imo), and three singles.

Compare that to what Westbrook charges for Mexican Cake, Perennial charges for Abraxas, and what Lickinghole charges for Heir Apparent...and it's a bargain.

Yada

« Reply #7926 on: February 14, 2017, 05:16:54 pm »
- RIS
- wootstout
- xocoveza

- IPA
- ruination
- vanilla bean porter

</FANBOY>

Xocoveza actually is a bargain. I bought a six pack of  this year (mispriced at $11.99, correct price was $15.99 or so, still a bargain imo), and three singles.

Compare that to what Westbrook charges for Mexican Cake, Perennial charges for Abraxas, and what Lickinghole charges for Heir Apparent...and it's a bargain.

How bout dah.

hutch

« Reply #7927 on: February 14, 2017, 07:21:14 pm »
The Stones rock... I just wish I hadn't had such a bad experience when I saw them on Bridges to Babylon Tour at Jack Kent Cooke.. it was so awful.. Early appearance of Sidehatch's horrible ticket kungfu....I didn't see them again til 2006 in Baltimore which was absolutely amazing (smallest arena they played.. first time in baltimore since part of Yayas in 69!)... I got so loaded that night but what great fun...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7928 on: February 15, 2017, 07:24:56 am »
Good thing they have that beer business to fall back on on case their music venture ever falls apart.

Space Freely

« Reply #7929 on: February 15, 2017, 09:51:58 am »
Anybody else hit up Pizza Paradiso last night for $4 (!!!) pours or Rodenbach Alexander and Wicked Weed Oblivion? If I lived closer, I'd be there for every happy hour until those two beer are gone.

ggw

« Reply #7930 on: February 15, 2017, 12:45:02 pm »
Anybody else hit up Pizza Paradiso last night for $4 (!!!) pours or Rodenbach Alexander and Wicked Weed Oblivion? If I lived closer, I'd be there for every happy hour until those two beer are gone.

Don't go tomorrow - They'll be closed.

http://dcist.com/2017/02/area_restaurants_grapple_with_thurs.php
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:47:40 pm by ggw »

« Reply #7931 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:16 pm »

They also don't do happy hour on Thursday

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7932 on: February 15, 2017, 09:25:53 pm »

They actually do Happy Hour Mon-Thurs at Old Town and Georgetown locations. Dupont is Tues and Wed only.

On Thurs, Old Town and Georgetown will be closed, Dupont will be open with Ruth Gresser herself working in the kitchen...

hutch

« Reply #7934 on: February 15, 2017, 11:20:24 pm »

They actually do Happy Hour Mon-Thurs at Old Town and Georgetown locations. Dupont is Tues and Wed only.

On Thurs, Old Town and Georgetown will be closed, Dupont will be open with Ruth Gresser herself working in the kitchen...

Who is making the pizza?