Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Just Announced
« Last post by sweetcell on May 06, 2024, 11:40:40 pm »
Bad Nerves - tue
Richmond Music hall
My friends’ daughter is the singer of the opening band Toward Space. They’re kinda good, if you can get there in time.

Space Freely’s daughter?
Its not his daughter but I can confirm the band name is a reference to our Space Freely. The younger generation is really into stanning this community.

Making the first act seems very optimistic. I was kind of hoping to just walk around Richmond for a little bit.
Honestly don’t think I would be in the club prior to 9

My 14. Yr old likes to remind me that Eminem has a word in the dictionary
The sisters of mercy skip dc :(
The lyric Baltimore
September 17

I feel like Rocktober will come early this year
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: This week rollcall
« Last post by Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI on May 06, 2024, 09:56:04 pm »
Bad Nerves - tue
Richmond Music hall
My friends’ daughter is the singer of the opening band Toward Space. They’re kinda good, if you can get there in time.

Space Freely’s daughter?
Its not his daughter but I can confirm the band name is a reference to our Space Freely. The younger generation is really into stanning this community.
« Last post by Hutch on May 06, 2024, 09:31:48 pm »
Bad Nerves - tue
Richmond Music hall

Space Freely’s daughter?
« Last post by Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI on May 06, 2024, 06:17:12 pm »
Bad Nerves - tue
Richmond Music hall
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Last post by Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI on May 06, 2024, 04:37:19 pm »
t’s been awhile since I’ve walked through a long dark hallway into a basement rock club, but when by total happenstance a band touring one of your favorite new albums is playing mere minutes from where you are staying you make the effort to check out a new venue.

Elephant Stone
The Flying Duck
Glasgow

I’ve been really enjoying the bands new Beatlesque psychedelic pop album and was eager to see the band live.

Show started with Rishi doing a sitar intro and over a little over a 90 minute set they performed songs from several of their albums, highlighting the new album “Back Into The Dream”.  The band was just great live, with just the right amount of sitar as Rishi's primary instrument live is bass. Got some extended jamming out, but for the most part marvelous psychedelic pop songs.  I would say the venue was about the size and feel of the old Red Room at the Black Cat. 

One think I've notice ids how many UK venues have strict curfews so Elephant Stone was done promptly at 10pm

and yes I had been roaming around Scotland which meant of course two of my favorite Scottish bands were touring the US,,,

While not seeing a show there, a manager at the much better know Glasgow club King Tut's let us peek inside to check it out.  Was surprised to find out how small it was and they have over the years managed to book many acts that went on to much bigger venues.  It's on par with Atlantis is terms of size.

Went into a couple record stores and yikes is vinyl expensive over there and the much cheaper CDs appear mainly available at the chains like HMV. If I really wanted to spend the time looking, could have found some real bargains on slightly older CDs which get marked down in price.

and the weather was just great most of the time, only one really rainy day...
Actually going to be in Glasgow in 2 weeks if you have any recommendations. My PM box is open.
« Last post by kosmo vinyl on May 06, 2024, 04:35:24 pm »
t’s been awhile since I’ve walked through a long dark hallway into a basement rock club, but when by total happenstance a band touring one of your favorite new albums is playing mere minutes from where you are staying you make the effort to check out a new venue.

Elephant Stone
The Flying Duck
Glasgow 

I’ve been really enjoying the bands new Beatlesque psychedelic pop album and was eager to see the band live.

Show started with Rishi doing a sitar intro and over a little over a 90 minute set they performed songs from several of their albums, highlighting the new album “Back Into The Dream”.  The band was just great live, with just the right amount of sitar as Rishi's primary instrument live is bass. Got some extended jamming out, but for the most part marvelous psychedelic pop songs.  I would say the venue was about the size and feel of the old Red Room at the Black Cat. 

One think I've notice ids how many UK venues have strict curfews so Elephant Stone was done promptly at 10pm

and yes I had been roaming around Scotland which meant of course two of my favorite Scottish bands were touring the US,,,

While not seeing a show there, a manager at the much better know Glasgow club King Tut's let us peek inside to check it out.  Was surprised to find out how small it was and they have over the years managed to book many acts that went on to much bigger venues.  It's on par with Atlantis is terms of size.

Went into a couple record stores and yikes is vinyl expensive over there and the much cheaper CDs appear mainly available at the chains like HMV. If I really wanted to spend the time looking, could have found some real bargains on slightly older CDs which get marked down in price.

and the weather was just great most of the time, only one really rainy day...
« Last post by Space Freely on May 06, 2024, 03:54:38 pm »
^ nice review!  will be looking out for this one.

(and: hbd!)

Thanks, I'm betting it will be right up your alley.

And thanks, BD is actually tomorrow, but too much going on to celebrate on a Tuesday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10