Author Topic: a new favorite  (Read 1708 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
a new favorite
« on: March 03, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »
i spent the weekend seeing one of my favorite bands play three times.  i went to AC, balmer, and richmond to see flogging molly do their thing. i could see that band 100 nights in a row and never get tired of it.  they are one of the best and most consistent live acts i have ever seen.  the fact that they are friends of mine just makes it even better.  good music with good friends made for a great weekend.  

another thing that contributed to the greatness of the weekend was my discovery of a new favorite band: the reverend peyton's big damn band.  they are a three piece:  the rev on guitar, his wife washboard breezy on (duh) the washboard, and  his brother jayme on drums and a bucket.  they do blues.  they do bluegrass.  they do gospel.  they do a song called "your cousin's on COPS."  check them out.  you won't regret it.  

i don't think i've enjoyed seeing an opener this much since the first time i saw flogging molly when they opened for the bosstones.

big damn myspace page

your cousin's on COPS on youtube

Re: a new favorite
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »
How about Blind Melon? What's your opinion of them?

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  How about Blind Melon? What's your opinion of them?
Isn't Shannon still dead?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »
I was at the Richmond show but missed the opener. I didn't see you there or I would've said hello.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
Thanks a lot.  Now I'm going to have that song in my head all day like I did the last time I heard it.
27>34

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
What are you thoughts on Fastway (the Flogging Molly singer's original band)?