Author Topic: Miss South Carolina is hella dumb!  (Read 17365 times)

Vas Deferens

Miss South Carolina is hella dumb!
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Warning: it is unbearable! Such an easy question!

thanks to ixkpd for the link.
(_|_)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Miss South Carolina is hella dumb!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »
I was flipping stations last night and caught this live. Amazingly, she didn't finish in last.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 08:13:00 am »
how did South Africa come into it?
_\|/_

andyrichter

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:04:00 am »
Asian countries.     :(

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
"I personally believe..."
Woof.

crevers

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »
In her defense, she is a product of the South Carolina school system.  I'm sure she has or will have a full-ride to Clemson...

SPARX

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »
Did she win?

bnyced0

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 01:55:00 am »
We're worried about the terrorist winning?  What the phuck is the prize we are worried about losing?  Geeezzzuuuusss phucking christ this is sad!

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 09:25:00 am »
"It's better to demonstrate than explain."

GENIUS!  The woman's a genius.  Instead of explaining why Americans are so dumb, she went one better.  She PRETENDED to be a really dumb, incoherent American.  She totally pwned that question.

Cut her some slack.  She's hot.  That gives you a free pass in this country to say really stupid things.

I love how Mario Lopez can barely contain himself from cracking up.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  We're worried about the terrorist winning?  What the phuck is the prize we are worried about losing?  Geeezzzuuuusss phucking christ this is sad!
it was a performance - a horrible, embarassing one, but still just a performance.  she got hella nervous because she was on national TV, her brain turned off (and we all want to believe that it was never turned on) and ended up making a fool of herself.  she should have stopped, regrouped and started over.  instead she forged on with her higher cerebral functions on vacation.

she had to win other such contests to become miss south carolina in the first place, so she has pulled off the answer-a-question thing in the past.  while damn entertaining, let's not blow this outta proportion.  does anyone seriously believe that she is truly that stupid, on a day to day basis?
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 09:47:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
   does anyone seriously believe that she is truly that stupid, on a day to day basis?
Pretty much, yeah.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
really?  maybe i'm an optimist, maybe i'm too much of a humanist, but i (personally) believe that this young woman can answer a question like "what did you think of that restaurant?" without bringing up south africa, asia, and people on the street's lack of menus.

this video, in its various forms, has clocked something like 3 million views.  i fear we're going ot be hearing about this for longer than we should   :roll:  

Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  "I personally believe..."
i thought this was awesome too.  what's even better is what she follows it up with: "I personally believe that US Americans are unable...".  then there is "... and i believe that our education like such as south africa and, uh, the iraq, everywhere like, such as, and..." (subtitles)

the real travesty is that she is cut off just as she was about to throw in the clincher: "build up our future... for our children".  that always wins the contest.
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
   does anyone seriously believe that she is truly that stupid, on a day to day basis?
Pretty much, yeah. [/b]
Absolutely, and I bet on a second to second basis.  This is TEEN USA right, how arduous do you really think the competition was in TN?  I'm not going to turn this into the everybody south of the mason dixon is an idiot rant, because it's not true.  

But the "she froze" excuse doesn't cut it, especially if you believe she did some heavy lifting previously to make it this far.  I don't know what to think, but this wasn't her losing her place, she didn't have ANY coherence, not with thoughts, words, ANYTHING.  When you're nervous it's common for a bunch of "umm's," "AND's," "I mean's," etc.  But what this tape showed (if it's true and not parody of some sort, in which case I guess I've been punked into engaging), was so obscene and cringe worthy I felt like calling 911 to report a crime.

I don't only feel sad for her, but anyone related to her, anyone who knows anyone related to her, and for the women she beat out to become the representative from TN, because it's inconceivable there were women (well girls) dumber than her, and there's not a woman alive beautiful enough to put up with that level of stupidity, NOT A ONE.

As sad as it is, why the phuck do we even have a Teen USA?  That's probably the saddest thing of all.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
disney really ought to keep better track of their anamatronic prototypes....
T.Rex

yinzer

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
george carlin's take on beauty pageants always comes to mind when i see these morons - "they should make them come back 'til they win."