Author Topic: 'I Got My Tickets!' Thread  (Read 7519 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
'I Got My Tickets!' Thread
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:03 am »
I figured since sometimes there are shows that make us shake at the thought of how many people will be trying to get tickets. Anywho! Got a pair of floor tickets for Kings of Leon @ Patriot Center, whoop whoop! Is this gonna be a full house show? I know The Killers got half, Muse got half and the White Stripes got full. The seating chart for Kings shows Full house, is that right?
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

Re: 'I Got My Tickets!' Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:14:20 pm »
jesus, they're charging $45? I saw these tools for $15 touring for the second album. There is a point in time when you stop seeing bands and start HATING them when they start to charge $40 or more. That goes for the Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, blah blah blah.
(_|_)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:35:44 pm »
I don't hate them - I just stop going to see them and focus my attention elsewhere.    That's happening more and more these days.   I think $39 is pretty reasonable for Death Cab though.  (shrug)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:38:26 pm »
Yeah well maybe hate the prices :)  I still like Death Cab. I guess $39 is reasonable if there are no fees involved ;)  It's  just I've seen them a lot in the past in the $15-20 range.

I don't hate them - I just stop going to see them and focus my attention elsewhere.    That's happening more and more these days.   I think $39 is pretty reasonable for Death Cab though.  (shrug)
(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 05:26:04 pm »
i just got my phish hampton tickets.  my god, they must be the most "uncounterfeitable" tickets i have ever seen.

and they are attempting to not allow anybody into the lot unless they have tickets, to promote a better phish experience on the towns they are landing at this tour.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:43:20 pm »
Ive missed them the last few times theyve been in town, figured I didnt wanna miss them again. And 45 is ridiculous but not as ridiculous as those 11 dollar service charges, and really? 4.50 to print off at home? Really?

Really?
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »
by far the funniest thing i've seen in awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wrt9ak7opY

killsaly

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 03:34:38 pm »
I think DCFC are worth that price.  I wouldnt mind cheaper, but at least it isnt 70 bucks.  Plus they have one decent and one good opener. 

eros

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 04:44:03 pm »
Please allow me to gripe....I figure this thread is appropriate for it.

I bought tickets today for Keane at DAR (whether you think they suck or not is immaterial at this point).

Anyway...logged in right at 10, clicked and typed as fast as I could and the best I could pull was in the back third of the house.  Tried several more times and managed to get one of the boxes about halfway back.  Ended up settling for that.  $50 a pop is pretty steep for these guys, but I'm doing it for the wife.

Afterwards, I curiously try to pull up tickets using the "Hot Seat" package on Ticketmaster.com.  Hey!  4th row!  $125 a ticket!  WTF!!!

Right now at 3:40 pm you can still pull seats in the 5th row (Row E) at DAR using the "Hot Seat" option.

I know, you're thinking, "Wow, that extra money must get you some real good stuff!  A copy of the CD?  A shirt?"

Well..
Hot Seat Package includes:
o        Premium seat (or General Admission ticket with early entry to venue)
o        Exclusive Keane gift item
o        Collectible Keane laminate

Be still my beating heart.  A gift!  A laminate!

Does this seem really wrong to anyone else?  At least Ticketmaster used to try to hide a few levels of transactions behind the scalping!

ʎɐʍou

eltee

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 04:49:23 pm »

(or General Admission ticket with early entry to venue)
This part gets me - like you need to get there any earlier and w/ a GA ticket.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 05:02:43 pm »
yeah, it's lame when they try to turn an over-priced ticket into a "vip package".  drop the pretense and call it what it is: a really expensive ticket.  is anyone really going to think "i wasn't going to spend $125, but since they're throwing in a laminate... well..." ??  and you just KNOW that "gift item" is going to be some craptastic piece of plastic that most people will throw out before they leave the venue.

tee: early admission to a GA event is a definite selling point if you're the kind of person that needs to be up front AND you're not willing or able to line up all day. 
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 05:25:52 pm »
Right, sweetie, I do realize what you mean. I guess I read it differently, sorry. (I say that unsnarkily;))
I made a complaint b/c in this case he is not GA - he has seats - "premium" according to TM. Tacking that on the list of "perks" is just....
Either way, it's like you said, just a really expensive ticket. (Did anyone see the Dave Chappelle skit - if the internet were a place you could go visit it would be ugly, disgusting, filthy, slutty, etc.? :D)

I'm sorry, eros. And for what it's worth, I'd like to see Keane, but the base price is too much for me. Thanks for sharing your experience though...unfortunately, it seals the deal that I can't afford a ticket andor a decent seat at that.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 05:30:50 pm »
For $125, will Leonard Cohen come out of the gift bag and a do a song and dance?
(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 05:39:58 pm »
For $125, will Leonard Cohen come out of the gift bag and a do a song and dance?

no, but he will come out and ask . . . "why in the fuck does everybody think i'm cool all of a sudden?  am i about to die or something."

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 05:43:33 pm »
I'm sorry but that did not bring the lolz.

no, but he will come out and ask . . . "why in the fuck does everybody think i'm cool all of a sudden?  am i about to die or something."
(_|_)