Author Topic: Coachella 2009  (Read 103740 times)

Firebutt McGee

Re: Coachella 2009
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2009, 11:14:38 am »
Let's discuss possibilities for the REAL Saturday headliner.

Springsteen?
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2009, 11:18:20 am »
I swore I'd never go to a festival again after my first/last Coachella.

Rethinking...

Time for my obligatory "hey seth" thread post.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2009, 11:42:15 am »
What the hell are you talking about? There's three artist at the whole festival that everybody needs to see once in their lifetime (although i probably never will), and they're all on day 1.

who are those three artists?   McCartney, Cohen and... Patton?  i'd say Franz, but i doubt you'd agree.  if you say Bingham i'm hitting you upside the head.
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2009, 11:48:22 am »
I gotta say it's a pretty cool lineup

I think people will have fun if they go

And isn't that the bottom line?

azaghal1981

« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2009, 11:51:21 am »
I think people will have fun if they go and don't camp.

There, I fixed that.

;)
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2009, 11:56:42 am »
i thought wearing indie cool shirts, bottled water, and experimenting with drugs was the bottom line.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2009, 12:00:34 pm »
What the hell are you talking about? There's three artist at the whole festival that everybody needs to see once in their lifetime (although i probably never will), and they're all on day 1.

who are those three artists?   McCartney, Cohen and... Patton?  i'd say Franz, but i doubt you'd agree.  if you say Bingham i'm hitting you upside the head.

Winehouse, obvs.
Woof.

sonickteam2

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »

i think  he was referring to Peanut Butter Wolf, Crystal Method and Felix Da Housecat.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »
Why can't Americans hold festivals in sensible locations and sensible times of the year like the Connect Festival in Scotland at the end of August start of September when temperatures are in the 70s

http://www.myspace.com/connectmusicfestival
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2009, 12:36:48 pm »
Ok...done rethinking.

Not even that lineup could sell me.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2009, 12:59:34 pm »
I am stunned that Thievery got such a high billing. I know they're considered a great live band, and they consistently sell the HELL out of the club. But I figured they were mostly a local phenomen. I mean, TV on the Radio are major (music) media figures that have seen two of their three albums proclaimed by many as the best of their respective years.
oword

Got Haggis?

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2009, 01:04:20 pm »
Sunday is so awesome, I usually hate outdoor concerts but I am going to have to go to this one for sure this year.

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2009, 02:16:12 pm »
Read your newspapers and magazines from other parts of the world. I reckon they'd clue you in.

I am stunned that Thievery got such a high billing. I know they're considered a great live band, and they consistently sell the HELL out of the club. But I figured they were mostly a local phenomen. I mean, TV on the Radio are major (music) media figures that have seen two of their three albums proclaimed by many as the best of their respective years.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2009, 02:23:51 pm »
Ok...done rethinking.

Not even that lineup could sell me.

dude, with a hotel coachella is completely do-able.  the same year that you were baking your brains in the refugee camp, i was sharing a perfectly fine $200/night hotel with a 24-hour hot tub.  coming back from a long day of dancing and soaking in the tub with a beer in hand was heavenly.  it adds a few hundred bucks to the bill, but as you can attest the alternative isn't tenable.  i consider it part of the cost of actually enjoying myself there :)

charlie?  charlie?
<sig>

MonkeyPants

« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2009, 02:27:56 pm »
with a hotel coachella is completely do-able.  the same year that you were baking your brains in the refugee camp, i was sharing a perfectly fine $200/night hotel with a 24-hour hot tub.  coming back from a long day of dancing and soaking in the tub with a beer in hand was heavenly.  it adds a few hundred bucks to the bill, but as you can attest the alternative isn't tenable.  i consider it part of the cost of actually enjoying myself there :)

after getting through traffic to and from the field, waiting in line for a million years to get in (missing bands while some girl tries to convince security to let her bring her pillow/blanket/other prohibited item in) to pay too much money for food and water and relieve yourself in port-o-potties for three days straight all while in the sun with no shade and thousands of people...do-able, yes, but enjoyable? no
PANTS