Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401222 times)

WALKonBack

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3540 on: October 12, 2021, 12:00:16 pm »
We have allowed people who get paid billions to throw a ball through a hoop, to become this way.

This is all on, sports fans.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3541 on: October 12, 2021, 12:21:18 pm »
We have allowed people who get paid billions to throw a ball through a hoop, to become this way.

Kyrie Irving does not make billions of dollars. No one makes billions of dollars to throw a ball through a hoop unless we consider "selling shoes" and "being in commercials" as some secondary included part of "throwing a ball through a hoop."
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #3542 on: October 12, 2021, 01:29:21 pm »

Kyrie Irving does not make billions of dollars. No one makes billions of dollars to throw a ball through a hoop unless we consider "selling shoes" and "being in commercials" as some secondary included part of "throwing a ball through a hoop."

I dunno man

Max contracts are up there now..like $45-50 million a year

Walkie is more right than wrong

Space Freely

« Reply #3543 on: October 12, 2021, 01:35:07 pm »
Nets now saying he won't be playing or practicing, home or away. Good for them. Do they still have to pay him?

« Reply #3544 on: October 12, 2021, 01:38:12 pm »
Nets now saying he won't be playing or practicing, home or away. Good for them. Do they still have to pay him?
probably
slack

« Reply #3545 on: October 12, 2021, 01:41:28 pm »

I dunno man

Kyrie Irving (assuming he relents and plays this season and gets paid) will have made $240million lifetime at the end of his current contract which runs out after next season. At that time he will be 31 years old. He would have to find a team willing to pay him $50mil (your figure for a supermax contract which I honestly do not even think he qualifies for under the CBA) until age 47 to crack a billion.

NBA salaries are exploding and some dude who is an All-Pro player at age 21 and goes on to have a LeBron-esque career will at some point make a billion in on-the-court earnings (Luka Doncic if I had to guess someone specifically) but it ain't going to be an already getting-worse Kyrie Irving.
LVMH

« Reply #3546 on: October 12, 2021, 01:42:07 pm »
probably
Nah, just read they're not, at least not for games in state of NY. I guess "road" games are still tBD if they have the right to withhold payment.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3547 on: October 12, 2021, 01:48:06 pm »

I dunno man

Kyrie Irving (assuming he relents and plays this season and gets paid) will have made $240million lifetime at the end of his current contract which runs out after next season. At that time he will be 31 years old. He would have to find a team willing to pay him $50mil (your figure for a supermax contract which I honestly do not even think he qualifies for under the CBA) until age 47 to crack a billion.

NBA salaries are exploding and some dude who is an All-Pro player at age 21 and goes on to have a LeBron-esque career will at some point make a billion in on-the-court earnings (Luka Doncic if I had to guess someone specifically) but it ain't going to be an already getting-worse Kyrie Irving.

I'm pretty sure whether Kyrie makes 300 million or more than a billion in his playing career doesn't really prove of disprove Walkie's original point.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3548 on: October 12, 2021, 01:53:05 pm »
I’m not saying Kyrie is wrong (still doing the research for myself) but couldn’t all his fears be accomplished just by tracking his iPhone, online presence etc.? 

Does avoiding getting microchipped like the rest of us even solve the problem?

between our cell phones and our online lives, we are 100% trackable already.  what more these idiots think a supposed microchip is going to enable is entirely beyond me.

that “secret societies” are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for “a plan of Satan.”
and here I thought we were getting away from Mainframe type of computing technology

solid geek joke.
<sig>

« Reply #3549 on: October 12, 2021, 01:53:23 pm »

I dunno man

I'm pretty sure whether Kyrie makes 300 million or more than a billion in his playing career doesn't really prove of disprove Walkie's original point.
I assure you, there's a massive difference between making billions of dollars and making millions of dollars and the people who don't understand that will never make either. /Julian's America
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3550 on: October 12, 2021, 02:21:04 pm »
We have allowed people who get paid many millions to throw a ball through a hoop, to become this way.

Dos changing it from billions to many millions change the valdiity of Walkie's point?

« Reply #3551 on: October 12, 2021, 03:36:02 pm »
We have allowed people who get paid many millions to throw a ball through a hoop, to become this way.

Dos changing it from billions to many millions change the valdiity of Walkie's point?
I’m not clear on Walkie’s point? That money corrupts in general, full stop? Or basketball players in particular are unworthy of making millions? Or that if commas were rainbows we’d all have a unicorn.

Look I’m a smart dude but I understand one does not dissect gossamer and nothing is more gossamer than the meaning of what comes out of the Walkman’s mouth.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3552 on: October 13, 2021, 10:25:23 am »
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1447956225971433480

Kyrie just sacrificed more than Kaepernick ever did!

« Reply #3553 on: October 13, 2021, 11:12:09 am »
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1447956225971433480

Kyrie just sacrificed more than Kaepernick ever did!

I know don't read the comments....but
You who cheer the Nets on are the same type people who allowed Nazi Germany to happen.

I blame this board when the gas chambers are erected!!
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #3554 on: October 13, 2021, 11:42:40 am »

I’m not clear on Walkie’s point? That money corrupts in general, full stop? Or basketball players in particular are unworthy of making millions? Or that if commas were rainbows we’d all have a unicorn.

Look I’m a smart dude but I understand one does not dissect gossamer and nothing is more gossamer than the meaning of what comes out of the Walkman’s mouth.

Gurrrrl, if only you knew, what comes out of my mouth.