Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314224 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4500 on: August 11, 2022, 09:50:51 am »
Went to see Franz Ferdinand for the first time since their Strathmore show in 2013, with of course the FFS detour show at Lincoln.

Anyways, I thought the band was pretty fired up last night and were a bit more raucous then usual. Due in part to their new drummer Audrey Tait who was really driving the band.  Didn't realize that the new guitarist and keyboard player had been with the band since the Always Ascending album.  Setlist was very solid it was of course a greatest hits tour and the audience went mental for "Take Me Out". 

Great show and the band are enjoying playing live and hopefully we'll get more albums along the lines of "Always Ascending" and "Right Words, Right Action" both of which I'm more likely to listen to at this point then their early ones...
T.Rex

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4501 on: August 11, 2022, 10:01:12 am »
Did Space get a $.99 day of the show ticket, and drink free beer from half empty beer cups "left on the bar" by concert-goers?

Went to see Franz Ferdinand for the first time since their Strathmore show in 2013, with of course the FFS detour show at Lincoln.

Anyways, I thought the band was pretty fired up last night and were a bit more raucous then usual. Due in part to their new drummer Audrey Tait who was really driving the band.  Didn't realize that the new guitarist and keyboard player had been with the band since the Always Ascending album.  Setlist was very solid it was of course a greatest hits tour and the audience went mental for "Take Me Out". 

Great show and the band are enjoying playing live and hopefully we'll get more albums along the lines of "Always Ascending" and "Right Words, Right Action" both of which I'm more likely to listen to at this point then their early ones...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4502 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:55 am »
Did Space get a $.99 day of the show ticket, and drink free beer from half empty beer cups "left on the bar" by concert-goers?

possibly the band did stop the show early on mid song because a fight broke out in the crowd... someone was clearly heard to say "he hit me first", followed by the crowd chanting "throw them out".. band then deftly picked up mid song to finish it..
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #4503 on: August 11, 2022, 10:37:34 am »
One of the best crowds I have seen in recent memory at 930. People were into it!!

Alex is a great frontman. I thought they sounded fantastic.

« Reply #4504 on: August 11, 2022, 10:38:13 am »
someone was clearly heard to say "he hit me first"
I didn't even know my big sister was in town ;)
slack

Bagley

« Reply #4505 on: August 15, 2022, 05:02:12 pm »
It was difficult not to have a great time at Chrysalis Stage Saturday night.  Lovely weather and a nice, comfortable, hassle-free venue in the woods.  Quite impressed. My introductory live Goose experience was a positive one. There's a lot hype about the band of late. Would I go on tour with them? No.  Would I see them on  consective nights? No.  Would I see them again? Possibly, under the right circumstances.  The singer/guitarist and singer/keyboardist are extremely talented and well versed in funk, blues, jazz, jamband,  folk-rock, as well as mainstream rock (they covered Love is a Battlefield on Saturday).  Most songs included extended, somewhat aimless improvision that at times recalled Whipping post era Allmans, Hancock/Headhunters period jazz/funk, Edgar Winter, etc.  Couldn't quite catch the lyrics until they started the second set off with Earthling or Alien and then I heard too much.

Once again, loved the venue and look forward to catching more shows there.

Starsky

« Reply #4506 on: August 17, 2022, 11:28:17 am »
So? How was Waters?!?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4507 on: August 17, 2022, 12:13:16 pm »
<sig>

GAY,GUY

« Reply #4508 on: August 17, 2022, 12:19:28 pm »
When I went to see the Wall shows, twice, at MCI . . . tickets were so hard to get, and expensive.  There was no stubbing the day of, there was no, moving down to better seats.  That should say everything, about what Waters is selling now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 02:45:14 pm by Walk,on,by »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4509 on: August 18, 2022, 11:11:34 am »
Waters was the best I've seen him out of maybe 4 tours? He politely invited people who didn't like his politics to fuck off, which I appreciated. Can't say I agree with him 100%, but if you go see him, you know what you're in for.

The very talkative lady sitting behind me proudly proclaimed that she was well connected in the music industry, and even has a friend who works at the 900 club.

yeah

« Reply #4510 on: August 18, 2022, 11:34:05 am »
and even has a friend who works at the 900 club.
is that the 930 Televangelist non-profit
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4511 on: August 18, 2022, 11:40:09 am »

« Reply #4512 on: August 18, 2022, 12:21:06 pm »
^wow, did seth lose some weight?
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4513 on: August 22, 2022, 12:17:44 pm »
Anyone see Burning Spear?  Any reviews?

Starsky

« Reply #4514 on: August 22, 2022, 12:21:41 pm »
Didn’t go. Game time decision wasn’t feeling well also $50…

Reviews have been good with the understanding he is nearing on 80.

I think I decided I am just not going to get to see him..

Spear is now touring Europe