Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314167 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4650 on: October 24, 2022, 10:55:00 am »
I enjoyed seeing the last two Yankees outs at the Brighton…

I haven’t ever seen so many LPs sell at a show as did last night at King Gizzard

Not sure I've seen a band that I actually like explode like these guys in a very long time... An insane amount of material + lightning in a bottle engery + unique... Got to wonder how long a band like this will last? Thirteen years, already have health issues, a large group of young men. I'm sure mental + physical health isn't ideal...

Space Freely

« Reply #4651 on: October 24, 2022, 11:16:34 am »
So there's some hot new band called The Brighton that was at the Anthem?

What do you guys think of the new Taylor Swift album?

Starsky

« Reply #4652 on: October 24, 2022, 11:30:47 am »
So I will bite….

Is there a consensus faucets and/or soap dispensers in bathrooms at Anthem suck balls or is it mainly a Yada pet peeve?

I get it’s a pain sometimes to get the water to come out - and then not that much comes out- but I assumed that’s cause Anthem is trying to be environmentally friendly and not waste water? Are the faucets not sensitive enough or some such?

I do think, myself, they are a bit of a pain…. I wonder if it’s the faucets or the way they are calibrated and/ or installed?

Yada

« Reply #4653 on: October 24, 2022, 11:32:32 am »
So I will bite….

Is there a consensus faucets and/or soap dispensers in bathrooms at Anthem suck balls or is it mainly a Yada pet peeve?

I get it’s a pain sometimes to get the water to come out - and then not that much comes out- but I assumed that’s cause Anthem is trying to be environmentally friendly and not waste water? Are the faucets not sensitive enough or some such?

I do think, myself, they are a bit of a pain…. I wonder if it’s the faucets or the way they are calibrated and/ or installed?

I think it's been a topic discussed here quite often... And you just said at the bottom, you think they are a pain... so yeah, they suck. Admittedly, I go to the Anthem maybe a couple of times a year, so not that big of a deal but last night I definitely couldn't get the proper stream to come out of the sink (soap and water).

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4654 on: October 24, 2022, 11:36:55 am »
Guys, are we actually talking about faucets or is this all just euphemisms for erectile dysfunction?
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #4655 on: October 24, 2022, 11:42:38 am »
Ok… it’s true but people like to complain …and I just figured hey we are saving water this way so that’s a good thing?

So what is wrong? That when we put our hands below the faucets sometimes nothing comes out? Or too little comes out? Same with soap? So it’s the sensors?

I feel like sometimes I literally have to switch faucets to get any action

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4656 on: October 24, 2022, 11:43:11 am »
So I will bite….

I think it's been a topic discussed here quite often... And you just said at the bottom, you think they are a pain... so yeah, they suck. Admittedly, I go to the Anthem maybe a couple of times a year, so not that big of a deal but last night I definitely couldn't get the proper stream to come out of the sink (soap and water).

I had occasion to visit the loo once last night. There was a guy who declared all the sinks broken. I tried one, then another, and was able to get flow on the second. The guy then tried the sink that worked for me and couldn't duplicate my result. He muttered a curse and left without washing his hands.

I think having 6,000 people with unwashed post-potty hands packed into a venue every night is enough of a public health issue that something should be done about this.

Starsky

« Reply #4657 on: October 24, 2022, 11:50:21 am »
Yeah I agree but before I email the boss just want all the facts…. Thanks grateful grateful for your story

By the way you can always email the venue with comments, feeedback and suggestions. Trust me they read every darn email…they even post many of them on the staff bulletin board and underline stuff or literally read them aloud at meetings. Mention a helpful staff member by name and they earn their wings!!

info@theanthemdc.com

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4658 on: October 24, 2022, 11:56:05 am »
So what is wrong? That when we put our hands below the faucets sometimes nothing comes out? Or too little comes out?
I mean it definitely shouldn’t come out too quickly or then you have a different problem.
LVMH

« Reply #4659 on: October 24, 2022, 12:06:06 pm »
I think having 6,000 people with unwashed post-potty hands packed into a venue every night is enough of a public health issue that something should be done about this.
only if people shit on their hands would I be concerned
Should have working sinks no doubt, but public health issue, hyperbole much
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4660 on: October 24, 2022, 12:09:32 pm »
I have never been unable to get water to come out - sometimes I have had to switch faucets-but we may need to childproof or potproof it….

Starsky

« Reply #4661 on: October 24, 2022, 12:12:02 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4662 on: October 24, 2022, 01:05:27 pm »
I mean it seems like if the Anthem really wanted to see how the faucets were used in the field, they could post an intern in the bathroom for 15 minutes. Maybe that guy who had to hold the light up "End of the Line" sign in the rain last night. There must be some serious hazing for the new employees...

Starsky

« Reply #4663 on: October 24, 2022, 01:13:14 pm »
Ok now you are piling on….

<over and out>

Space Freely

« Reply #4664 on: October 24, 2022, 02:39:07 pm »
only if people shit on their hands would I be concerned
Should have working sinks no doubt, but public health issue, hyperbole much

I can't believe Hatch aid what I came here to say.

As far as handwashing goes, to me, it's better to wash my hands BEFORE I pee rather than after, as my dick is typically much cleaner than my hands.