Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3246042 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6855 on: April 27, 2016, 02:22:34 pm »
oh and the good news is the crowelers are back online (wasn't working for the last few weeks)
thats not entirely true, they have crowlers almost every week but also run out within a few days every time necessitating a day or two of growler fills

It must be pretty apparent to them by now that things are blowing up for them so I'm not sure why they don't just order larger amounts of crowlers - maybe they don't have enough space freely (see what I did there!!)
or just check in with Bresnner first :)

and dang another use of 'space freely'!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6856 on: April 27, 2016, 05:51:13 pm »
they have crowlers almost every week but also run out within a few days every time necessitating a day or two of growler fills

there is a shortage of cans, including crowlers.

some craft beer types are accusing the big boys of buying up all the stock with the intent of making life hard on small breweries: they spend big bucks on a canning line, then can't use it for lack of cans.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/15/craft-beer-can-shortage/
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/business/craft-brewers-face-competition-for-beer-cans.html

It must be pretty apparent to them by now that things are blowing up for them so I'm not sure why they don't just order larger amounts of crowlers

like hops, it's not that they aren't ordering them... it's that they can't.  there is no stock to order.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #6857 on: April 27, 2016, 07:42:14 pm »
it's in a warehouse/office park ...not a whole lot of places to run around

although you could send the wife here as it's in the same office park

I'm in.  And if the Sweetercell takes you up on this I will pay dearly for photos.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:59:30 pm by vansmack »
27>34

« Reply #6858 on: April 27, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »
slack

« Reply #6859 on: April 27, 2016, 10:54:07 pm »
Very timely that they are courting northern Virginians

We?re excited to bring our pub to Arlington, Virginia, for one day! Join us on Sunday, May 15th in conjunction with Taste of Arlington where you?ll see the 400+ foot bar set up and in action, creating a pop-up-pub of epic proportions. The bar is crafted from reclaimed wood and steel from Oregon, and the Street Pub is a one stop shop to try lots of our beers with over 60 taps ? from the coveted Reserve Series rarities (think The Abyss) all the way to year-round favorites like Black Butte Porter, Mirror Pond Pale Ale and Fresh Squeezed IPA.

slack

Yada

« Reply #6861 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:43 am »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6863 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22:36 am »
http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/our-beer/lawsons-finest-a-new-home-for-the-future/
yippe more awesome beer in Vermont that I'll never get to have

they're opening a facility that will more than quadruple their output.  how can that not increase you chances of tasting it some day?  trades, people coming back from VT trips, special events in bars here, etc...
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #6864 on: April 28, 2016, 11:48:57 am »

« Reply #6865 on: April 28, 2016, 11:49:52 am »
http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/our-beer/lawsons-finest-a-new-home-for-the-future/
yippe more awesome beer in Vermont that I'll never get to have

they're opening a facility that will more than quadruple their output.  how can that not increase you chances of tasting it some day?  trades, people coming back from VT trips, special events in bars here, etc...
only trades my friends do are insults
but there is always hope or dope if that doesn't work
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6866 on: April 29, 2016, 01:23:55 pm »
We split a Waldo last night. Four thumbs up from us. Bought two six packs, might have to get more if i can find it.

ugh, i'm hoping i can find some today.  i haven't had a chance to go looking yet.

so i picked up two sixers on wednesday.  i'm halfway through the first one, and i'm not particularly impressed.  amazing aroma but the taste is only OK.  i'm getting some alcohol heat, some astringency and something that i can only describe as the taste of turpentine (even though i've never actually tasted it, only smelled it).  none of these characteristics aren't so strong as to make the beer undrinkable, but they detract from my enjoyment.  i had two last night, over 3 hours, and it was a slog.  glad i got to taste this beer but one six-pack would have been enough.
<sig>

dyecraig

« Reply #6867 on: April 29, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »
Picked up some Waldo yesterday.  This is my first new favorite beer in a very long time, I'll be sad to see it go.  Love the bright tangerine / mango / pineapple mashup right in the middle of all those hops.  Well balanced, hides the 12% blast.  I may have another tonight...
where did you find it?

Space Freely

« Reply #6868 on: April 29, 2016, 03:21:34 pm »
Picked up some Waldo yesterday.  This is my first new favorite beer in a very long time, I'll be sad to see it go.  Love the bright tangerine / mango / pineapple mashup right in the middle of all those hops.  Well balanced, hides the 12% blast.  I may have another tonight...
where did you find it?

I got some more at Schneiders in Cap Hill yesterday for $11.99/six pack. They still had a decent amount left.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6869 on: April 29, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »
I bought it at Quench, though I probably paid too much for it.