Author Topic: Wolfmother Roll Call  (Read 13951 times)

Re: Wolfmother Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
Thank you, suburban Best Buy shoppers. Your willingness to part with $6.99 plus tax is commendable.

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:
  i'm surprised their album debuted at #22, pretty impressive

sonickteam2

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz Nakatestes, Breaststroking Guy:
  Sorry some of you are so dull and I have to spell it out. My point was that the board seems to be the domain of cooler than thou music fans who scoff at anything that MTV and major labels try to force feed the masses, so it seemed a bit strange that this band is not being mocked and shred to bits by this board.
my opinion is that you are one of the dullest people on this board.

furthermore, i know I for one, learned of this band long before MTV and major labels fell in love with them.  

not only that, but my knowledge of what is on MTV is ZERO, same with radio, i dont read Pitchfork or NME, nor could i tell you WHAT label they were on.  

I heard of them from searching Amazon.com, i bought their Austrailian import in January and i have enjoyed them ever since.

so not only was your comment dull, but in my case, and i am assuming others too, it had no factual basis whatsoever other than your own generalizations of people on this board.

thanks for your time though.

yinzer

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2006, 10:45:00 am »
Thank you, suburban Best Buy shoppers. Your willingness to part with $6.99 plus tax is commendable.

one question: did you go to the show?

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2006, 10:46:00 am »
I was sitting in my bunker waiting for the rapture that didn't happen yesterday.

Originally posted by yinzer:

one question: did you go to the show? [/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2006, 10:49:00 am »
  I was sitting in my bunker waiting for the rapture that didn't happen yesterday.
just another tuesday in springfield, huh?
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 10:51:00 am »

that's not dull!

BookerT

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 10:54:00 am »
how were psychic ills?

yinzer

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 10:58:00 am »
broke.

Bags

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2006, 12:12:00 pm »
I learned about Wolfmother from Kurosawa, who has an apprecation of music that is good and is fun to see live.

Sorry I missed you -- assuming you and megs were WAY up front.  I was back beneath the very annoying 'bunker lights' -- though they're better than the laser spotlights they had for years.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
it was also kurwasa that i heard about wolfmother from also...

psychic ills were good, they didn't make me want to go screaming from the room or anything, but i didn't feel the need to buy a cd or run out and see them again.  liked their combination of drone and early techno...  ended propped up against a mail enjoying their set while playing a little solitaire on my phone and nodding my head to the beat.
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 psychic ills were good
There was one song I really enjoyed...maybe their second to last?

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2006, 12:32:00 pm »
I learned about 5000 new bands from Kurasawa, all within the space of two weeks. But didn't have the time to check them all out.

Originally posted by Bags:
  I learned about Wolfmother from Kurosawa, who has an apprecation of music that is good and is fun to see live.

Sorry I missed you -- assuming you and megs were WAY up front.  I was back beneath the very annoying 'bunker lights' -- though they're better than the laser spotlights they had for years.

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »
Someone whose favorite band is Radiohead doesn't really have much room when it comes to calling others "dull".

If your knowledge of what is on MTV is zero, is it comforting to know that your taste is in alignment with what they are hyping?   :p  

Originally posted by the sonick:

Sorry some of you are so dull and I have to spell it out. My point was that the board seems to be the domain of cooler than thou music fans who scoff at anything that MTV and major labels try to force feed the masses, so it seemed a bit strange that this band is not being mocked and shred to bits by this board.
my opinion is that you are one of the dullest people on this board.

furthermore, i know I for one, learned of this band long before MTV and major labels fell in love with them.  

not only that, but my knowledge of what is on MTV is ZERO, same with radio, i dont read Pitchfork or NME, nor could i tell you WHAT label they were on.  

I heard of them from searching Amazon.com, i bought their Austrailian import in January and i have enjoyed them ever since.

so not only was your comment dull, but in my case, and i am assuming others too, it had no factual basis whatsoever other than your own generalizations of people on this board.

thanks for your time though. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2006, 01:04:00 pm »

If your knowledge of what is on MTV is zero, is it comforting to know that your taste is in alignment with what they are hyping?    :p  

why should i care?  give me a reason, please.

bearman🐻

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2006, 01:12:00 pm »
I have a theory about Rhett...I think he was beat up a lot as a child and now as an adult relies on the safety of an internet board in order to take jabs and ridicule the tastes of others from relative safety. His antagnoism reeks of inferiority. Personally, I think it's hilarious.