Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 465427 times)

K8teebug

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #450 on: October 04, 2012, 12:13:34 pm »
They're going to refund our credit cards.

Oh, I am framing those tickets.  Regardless of what happens, this season has been amazing.

shemptiness

« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »
Ticketmaster stands to collect about $35 from me so far on 4 useless tickets to 2 unplayed games.

shemptiness

mekmad

« Reply #453 on: October 04, 2012, 09:02:31 pm »
Ticketmaster stands to collect about $35 from me so far on 4 useless tickets to 2 unplayed games.

Do they keep the service charge?

shemptiness

« Reply #454 on: October 04, 2012, 09:25:44 pm »

Do they keep the service charge?

Yep.  All of them.  It's a 'convenience'. 

vansmack

« Reply #455 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:17 am »
"The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee. Per order processing, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/ticket_refund.jsp
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:53 am »
"The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee. Per order processing, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/ticket_refund.jsp

Okay.  That's a little easier to take.

James Ford

« Reply #457 on: October 05, 2012, 09:15:08 am »
So glad I don't have cable.

Anytime I've gotten really pessimistic this year, the O's have risen tho the occasion and proven me wrong. Hope they do it again tonight.

Though I think this "Buck is always right" mentality that some fans have taken on is a bit foolish.

FWIW, this column is saying S. Johnson will start.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-in-onegame-wild-card-playoff-expect-showalter-to-pull-out-all-the-stops-20121003,0,7659383.story

Yippee, it's Saunders.

K8teebug

« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2012, 09:24:37 am »
I listened to Brittany G. this morning and she made some points that were pretty good.  Steve Johnson's knee isn't 100%.  he can pitch, but it's not 100% and that would likely be in the back of his mind.  Plus, he's a rookie and the pressure would be alot for him tonight.

Whereas Saunders has a little more confidence in the postseason,  and with the bullpen stacked, hopefully he only needs to be spot on for 3-4 innings.

what the Orioles need is for the bats to come alive early and shake up the Rangers.  I hope that happens.

shemptiness

« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2012, 10:43:37 am »

Though I think this "Buck is always right" mentality that some fans have taken on is a bit foolish.

He's been right a lot more than he's been wrong.  And he sure knows how to manage a bullpen.

K8teebug

« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2012, 11:27:46 am »

He's been right a lot more than he's been wrong.  And he sure knows how to manage a bullpen.

yes.

James Ford

« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2012, 01:01:27 pm »
It has been nearly five years since he set foot in Camden Yards. But if the Orioles advance to host American League Division Series games this weekend, Jay Gibbons will be there, clad in orange and black, whooping it up in the cheap seats with a mob of playoff-starved fans.

"Are you kidding me? That is something I just can't miss," said Gibbons, an Orioles outfielder from 2001 through 2007, during the team's darker days. "Things were so tough for so long, and I always wanted to make the playoffs.

"I'll get my Orioles cap out of the garage, fly in from California, wear my Brian Roberts jersey and sit in the right-field bleachers."

The Orioles have few bigger fans than Gibbons, 35, the onetime slugger who retired from baseball this year.

"It's so much fun to finally see them winning, even all the way from California," he said. "I shot [trainer] Richie Bancells a text message awhile back and asked him, 'Is this all for real?' He shot back, 'We're praying.'

"I've been on the phone constantly, checking their scores. My wife says, 'Give it up, you don't play for them any more.' But I can't help it."

The Orioles' success helps to shelve thoughts of the lost years, said Gibbons, who'd rather return here anonymously.

"Those were tough times, like in 2002, when we lost 32 of our last 36 games. So I don't need to reminisce when I come back to Baltimore," he said. "Just a 'Hi, Howya doin?' from a fan or two would be fine. I don't want to get eggs thrown at me, or anything."

All Gibbons wants is to sit in the stands and soak up the fervor. Better late than never.

"The atmosphere at the ballpark will be crazy," he said. "I remember going to Ravens games and thinking, 'Man, it would be nice if we had that at our park.'

"Now, we will. And I have to be part of that."

vansmack

« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »

He's made a believer out of me, and I was clearly one of the most vocal about how it wouldn't end well because of the pitching.

Saunders threw well on the road in 09 for the Angels in the playoffs, but as always, he has to avoid the big inning.  If he gets threw 3-4 innings without much damage, quick hook in the 5th on...

Oh, and last night while I was dreaming about what could have been, I got pissed that 2/3 of the teams that had players caught with steroids made the playoffs.  Bartolo clearly had a one game effect on his teams record (I'd argue a 4-5 game effect, myself) and while I don't think it meant Anaheim would have made the playoffs, it definitely cost the O's a home Wild Card game. 
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2012, 01:45:47 pm »
I have my Jay Gibbons bobblehead on my desk at work!

Got Haggis?

« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »
not feeling good about the game tonight...but...let's go o's!!