Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2693657 times)

Mr.Whippy

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #2835 on: February 14, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »
I wanted to go but 3 hours inside the Birchmere didn't appeal to me.

Anyone else check out The Church last night? They put on a great show. It was really cool to hear such a catalog like that.
I know what you mean, but for a 3-set, nearly 4-hour show, having a comfortable seat within a few feet from the stage was pretty great.  Also, for the Birchmere, it was really nice and loud.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2836 on: February 14, 2011, 04:59:05 pm »
To OFGWKTA or not to OFGWKTA?

It's a tough one. If I'd never heard their stuff, the idea of seeing a new, semi-underground hip-hop group would be about as appealing as seeing Spoon or some other terrible, awful band. But their shit is so good that it feels like the chance to see something really awesome.

Chances are very good it will be a lot of terrible acoustics and incoherent shouting over the top, but its only $10 and it could be great. No Earl unfortunately. I read that his mom discovered his album, totally freaked out and sent him to military school. Hard to know what's real and what isn't with these guys though.

No Earl makes the decision to not go (Joe was supposed to be my ride back to Germantown but he bailed) a little more justifiable.
That album of his kills.

Still; they are right on the verge on becoming the biggest thing in hip hop next to Kanye West's ego and a chance to see them in a room this small in D.C. will not come again.
احمد

eltee

« Reply #2837 on: February 14, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »
How was JEW? Did you guys get enough of them last year and not go? I would have, just didn't feel like trying to get a ticket and deal with a sold out show. Thought about Ritter, but I'm stuck at work and traffic is already nuts today. Thought about Radin tomorrow too, but welp, there's a trend from my corner of the world.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2838 on: February 14, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »
Joe is going to Ritter. Did I take you or Him to JEW in '09? I forget. I think it was him.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #2839 on: February 14, 2011, 05:41:40 pm »
Josh Ritter just played a set at my office. I missed it  :'( ??? :o >:(
oword

eltee

« Reply #2840 on: February 14, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »
You almost took me to JEW, but I had already promised to work another show. I still haven't seen them...!
Technically (I think) you took me to Ritter, but it was my idea...hm, I thought Joe didn't like him - I can't keep up.. I do remember it was packed and we were blocked in at merch all night. Causing me to become bored. I'd go tonight, or should I say another night, or less oversold venue -- sometimes certain crowds dictate my attendance.
It's terrible, I've asked for Radin a couple of times..Seth brings him and I can't go - think it's his first headlining too...At least I can hope that Ritter will come back again to the club.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:29:30 pm by El Tee »

eltee

« Reply #2841 on: February 14, 2011, 08:23:47 pm »
Josh Ritter just played a set at my office. I missed it  :'( ??? :o >:(
that's too bad, but cool you work somewhere he is playing. (a few guesses where you work. ;)) Don't let your co-workers rub it in!

blipvurt

« Reply #2842 on: February 14, 2011, 08:36:11 pm »
I was at the Rollins late set - it was a good time. I over heard some of the crew talking before the show and they were saying that they were filming the show, but did not have any distribution lined up as of yet. Filming more as a potential release than a planned release.

blipvurt

« Reply #2843 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37:04 pm »
This week I'm hitting:

Zombie Disco Squad @ U-Hall
Kid Congo Powers and the Pink Monkey Birds @ Comet

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2844 on: February 15, 2011, 10:12:41 am »
i've got nothing on my calendar through the end of the month, next "maybe" is scissor sisters on 3/07.  i'm sure the fine folks of this board will help me find something sooner :)

edit: there's double dagger @ BC on 2/24.  that could do in a pinch, been meaning to check them out.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #2845 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:57 am »
Bodycop and Leather are playing at Hole in the Sky (one of the better new-ish house/warehouse venues (has been around since June) on Sunday. That will be worth going to IMO.

What I have on my plate:
Colin Crowe at Northern Lights Friday
Show at the Cherch on Saturday (not sure of the lineup off hand but shows there are always a good time)
Bodycop/Leather on Sunday
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:15:17 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

teepo

« Reply #2846 on: February 16, 2011, 03:20:56 am »
fuck every single person in the crowd today who talked through shannon wright. i have never seen a worst crowd. go figure from those who are fans of amelie and use it as the one exception to tell everyone how well versed they are in "foreign cinema". worthless cunts.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:23:08 am by teepo »

teepo

« Reply #2847 on: February 16, 2011, 03:21:09 am »
Bodycop and Leather are playing at Hole in the Sky (one of the better new-ish (has been around since June) on Sunday. That will be worth going to IMO.

What I have on my plate:
Colin Crowe at Northern Lights Friday
Show at the Cherch on Saturday (not sure of the lineup off hand but shows there are always a good time)
Bodycop/Leather on Sunday

don't sleep on pollution!

killsaly

« Reply #2848 on: February 16, 2011, 02:50:44 pm »
I will probably go see How I Quit Crack in Baltimore on Sunday. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2849 on: February 17, 2011, 07:52:09 pm »
eyehategod tonite!  ;D
(_|_)