Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242975 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2940 on: June 25, 2013, 05:54:08 pm »
damn.  when i drink it, i will let you know.  ive met people who swear by sierra nevada, and they love their products, and i respect them and your opinion . . . but we shall see oh wisened one.

James Ford

« Reply #2941 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »
Don't listen to him. It's very good. Maybe not as good as Double Trouble, but still very good!
And where are you finding it at that price?

damn.  when i drink it, i will let you know.  ive met people who swear by sierra nevada, and they love their products, and i respect them and your opinion . . . but we shall see oh wisened one.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2942 on: June 25, 2013, 06:40:49 pm »
thank you mister ford.  the picture is a random one from the internet, so the price i paid was what i assume for four is normal.

stevewizzle

« Reply #2943 on: June 25, 2013, 09:21:05 pm »
For those into bigass double IPA's, this is a big week. Coming to VA this week:

Stone RuinTen
Founders Devil Dancer
Alewerks Bitter Valentine

had ruinten at CK last night. that beer is pure gold. i think it might be my favorite DIPA this year.

fuck it, my top 5 dipa's this year:

1. ruinten
2. heady
3. sucks
4. enjoy by
5. alchemy hour

honorable mentions: otwoa, hfs s&s #4, nugget nectar, avery mahajara, molotov hoptail

stevewizzle

« Reply #2944 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:41 pm »
thank you mister ford.  the picture is a random one from the internet, so the price i paid was what i assume for four is normal.

$10 is about right.

and that beer is delicious. not many double ipa's quite like it.

James Ford

« Reply #2945 on: June 25, 2013, 09:40:16 pm »
I think both Brennser and Yada have said Hoptimum is too bitter. And I can't say I disagree. It is quite bitter and  arguably unbalanced. But occasionally I actually want that in a beer.

It's definitely one Tommy Fresh would hate!

$10 is about right.

and that beer is delicious. not many double ipa's quite like it.

brennser

« Reply #2946 on: June 26, 2013, 10:06:05 am »
you are correct - very unbalanced imho

I think both Brennser and Yada have said Hoptimum is too bitter. And I can't say I disagree. It is quite bitter and  arguably unbalanced.

Yada

« Reply #2947 on: June 26, 2013, 10:27:25 am »

I don't dislike Sierra Nevada, most likely the beer that got me out of drinking shitty beer in the mid 90's, I just don't like Hoptimum.

brennser

« Reply #2948 on: June 26, 2013, 11:25:27 am »
I like almost every other beer they make, just not Hoptimum

I don't dislike Sierra Nevada, most likely the beer that got me out of drinking shitty beer in the mid 90's, I just don't like Hoptimum.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2949 on: June 26, 2013, 02:00:34 pm »
watch . . . ill love it.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2950 on: June 26, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »
hoptimum

tangy.  refreshing.  delightful.  bitter but a smile inducing bitter.  pronounced.  heavy ass bottle.  label equals good.  memory inducing.  medicinal.  nice.  sorry, yada. 

atomicfront

« Reply #2951 on: June 28, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »
San Pelligrino Sparkling Water bottles are the perfect bottles to use for home brews.  Green tint and easy twist caps.  Plus 25.3 oz is a good serving size.  I don't know why bottles come in 12oz size that is not enough to get the slighest of buzzes.

James Ford

« Reply #2952 on: June 28, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »
Y'all need to move to the VA burbs. Upcoming at Fair Lakes Whole Foods (12 oz pours are usually $4 (except for Bois, which is bound to be more)):

PRE-HOLIDAY WEEK RIDICULOUS DRAFT BEER UPDATE!!! I just wanted to warn everyone of all the awesome draft options that will be surfacing in the next few days. In no particular preferential order here is what in in the wings...DC Brau Everyday Junglist, Bruery Bois, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, Perennial Aria, Perennial Plan B, Blue Mountain Double IPA, Stillwater Cellar Door, Bruery White Oak, Southern Tier Creme Brulee, Ballast Point Sculpin, Firestone Walker Double Jack & Wookey Jack, Stone RuinTEN,Troegs Scratch #97, Founders Devil Dancer and Goose Island Illinois.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:46:40 pm by James Ford »

James Ford

« Reply #2953 on: June 28, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »
Had our first bottle of RuinTen tonight. Excellent!

killsaly

« Reply #2954 on: June 28, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »
This Sweet Baby Jesus by Du Claw definitely tastes like Chocolate and peanut butter.