Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242802 times)

fatskippy

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3390 on: August 29, 2013, 10:47:41 am »
Cantillon announced churchkey as its DC location for zwanze day, September 14.  Nothing on CK site yet.

It was a disaster last year. Unless they sell tickets this year, I won't be going back.

Bagley

« Reply #3391 on: August 29, 2013, 10:54:39 am »
Over the weekend I picked up a six pack of Flying Dog's new DIPA, The Truth. It was damn delicious. It has Warrior, Summit, CTZ, Citra, and Amarillo hops.

anyone else track this down yet?   hear its just hitting the stores in MD and DC

fatskippy

« Reply #3392 on: August 29, 2013, 11:04:26 am »
Over the weekend I picked up a six pack of Flying Dog's new DIPA, The Truth. It was damn delicious. It has Warrior, Summit, CTZ, Citra, and Amarillo hops.

anyone else track this down yet?   hear its just hitting the stores in MD and DC

Yes, had it on draft for beer week and picked up a 6 pack last weekend. I'm not a fan of Flying Dog, but this one is outstanding. It's probably the best beer of theirs I've tried and one of the best cheap DIPAs out there ($12/6).

James Ford

« Reply #3393 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »
Where did you pick up a six pack from and are there any left?

Yes, had it on draft for beer week and picked up a 6 pack last weekend. I'm not a fan of Flying Dog, but this one is outstanding. It's probably the best beer of theirs I've tried and one of the best cheap DIPAs out there ($12/6).

Bagley

« Reply #3394 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »
7th street spirit shop in Frederick had a couple cases as of yesterday

James Ford

« Reply #3395 on: August 29, 2013, 12:13:47 pm »
Thanks, You might as well have said Mars.

:'(
7th street spirit shop in Frederick had a couple cases as of yesterday

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #3396 on: August 29, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »
WF P St.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #3397 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:29 pm »
Debating what to tailgate with for the Terps game on Saturday. Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold might be the winner here.

James Ford

« Reply #3398 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:48 pm »
now you're talking my planet. Thanks.

WF P St.

medeski7

« Reply #3399 on: August 29, 2013, 01:47:49 pm »
I picked up Flying Dog's The Truth two days ago at perfect pour.  They had a few left.  Very nice dipa.

Are you guys changing your font sizes?  My posts appear smaller on my screen.

Yada

« Reply #3400 on: August 29, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »
I picked up Flying Dog's The Truth two days ago at perfect pour.  They had a few left.  Very nice dipa.

Are you guys changing your font sizes?  My posts appear smaller on my screen.

new poster!

shift +

James Ford

« Reply #3401 on: August 29, 2013, 01:59:51 pm »
Thanks guys. My wife just picked up a sixer of the Truth at P Street.

Now is that something i can bring over to a friends for snacks and beers? My wife says "DIPA's" aren't for everyone."

But what beer is? These friends brought a sixer of porters to our house last time. Good, but not our favorite. If they had brought Fat Tire or Brooklyn Lager, that totally wouldn't have been for everyone either. Everyone being my wife and I.

Should one have to tamper down your tastes if you're bringing over beer to a non-beer geek friends house?

Yada

« Reply #3402 on: August 29, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »

Now is that something i can bring over to a friends for snacks and beers? My wife says "DIPA's" aren't for everyone."

But what beer is? These friends brought a sixer of porters to our house last time. Good, but not our favorite. If they had brought Fat Tire or Brooklyn Lager, that totally wouldn't have been for everyone either. Everyone being my wife and I.

Should one have to tamper down your tastes if you're bringing over beer to a non-beer geek friends house?

If you're bringing something to a friend's house, I find it a nice gesture to bring something you'd think they would like/enjoy.

Also, if there are four of you, you should be bringing more than one six pack, so bring one that you know they'd like and if you want to bring a sixer of something fancy for you and wife, then do it.

James Ford

« Reply #3403 on: August 29, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »
There are four of us, but none of us are alcoholics. So a sixer will probably suffice.  Also, one person just had a baby and is nursing, so likely not drinking anything at all.

Also, we are bringing all the food, so they'll likely supply some beer as well. And it won't be catered to our tastes based on past experience.

If you're bringing something to a friend's house, I find it a nice gesture to bring something you'd think they would like/enjoy.

Also, if there are four of you, you should be bringing more than one six pack, so bring one that you know they'd like and if you want to bring a sixer of something fancy for you and wife, then do it.

Yada

« Reply #3404 on: August 29, 2013, 02:17:24 pm »
There are four of us, but none of us are alcoholics. So a sixer will probably suffice.  Also, one person just had a baby and is nursing, so likely not drinking anything at all.

Also, we are bringing all the food, so they'll likely supply some beer as well. And it won't be catered to our tastes based on past experience.

If you drink more than 1.5 beers you're considered an alcoholic?

I hope you're bringing some mashed potatoes to that party!