Author Topic: Another snow day  (Read 59712 times)

James Ford

Re: Another snow day
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 04:42:57 pm »
No way...I just had the cleaning people come!

That's great.  We actually scheduled to move the weekend of the last storm, and had to push it back to the day after Christmas, which was a bitch.

And now, we're pretty much in red alert waiting for my wife to go into labor...just in time for more snow.

All I wanted to do was have a party last Friday night, but mother nature comes in and is all like "noo you can't do that" (even though the snowfall started later than it was scheduled).

So I rescheduled to this coming Friday... and now, again, mother nature is being a bitch.

Fucking hell.

Home birth is the way to go, baby.

Only the father could say that.  ::)
You better brush up on your delivery skills though just in case. Seriously!

It's a good thing that I like you or I'd throw something mean your way.  ;)

I just feel sorry for the kid having to put up with a lifetime of dead of winter birthdays. Ugh! Then again, if they turn out to be a Super Toilet Bowl fan, than it could work out nicely. That is not me. I avoid anything Super Toilet Bowl related like the plague!

Actually, it was my wife, whose fear of hospitals and drugged births and unneccessary cutting prompted her to go the midwife route. Not I. It wasn't until the day of birth that it was decided that the baby would be born at home.

James Ford

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 04:44:01 pm »
You guys know there's a curse on the Kennedy family, right?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2010, 04:45:06 pm »
my wife is due april 5, and we have gone the midwife route too (though no home birth)

of course saturday is her shower and i have a bunch of family coming into town that i was really looking forward to seeing
o/\o

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2010, 04:47:29 pm »
Coming from one who insists on living in a world of illusion.  ::)
Yeah, why don't go back into your hole and just ignore Lady Gaga and the vast, overwhelming majority of scientists earthwide.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. And then you win."

Based on your angry insults, it sounds to me like you don't know one damned thing, pro or con, about the issue. Nothing! So stay out of it and go wank off in your Tiffany napkins. After all, that's what you do best. 

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2010, 04:52:25 pm »
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. And then you win."

Based on your angry insults, it sounds to me like you don't know one damned thing, pro or con, about the issue. Nothing! So stay out of it and go wank off in your Tiffany napkins. After all, that's what you do best. 
Tiffany & Co doesn't make linens, first of all.

Second, there are certain things in life, that are so simply obvious that sane people do not waste time arguing. I don't try to argue with people who believe the white race is superior to all others. I don't debate with folks who think Jews are evil and control all the world's banks. I don't dicker over the facts with people who think man/dog sexual relations are acceptable. And likewise, I don't attempt to have a serious discussion with climate change deniers. You're clearly an ignorant person; no one who isn't actively trying to reject obvious truth can argue climate change isn't occuring from man-made reasons. You're an idiot shoegaze fan on a nightclub's message board, shut the hell up.

THat said, I'll grant you certain details of the Gore doctorine are up for debate. Namely, this world needs to wrap its head around the ugly truth that one of, if not the biggest cause, of man made climate change is obesity worldwide, but no one wants to hear it.

vansmack

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »
I'm sensing Cabin Fever is setting in.....
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2010, 05:00:06 pm »

Tiffany & Co doesn't make linens, first of all.

Second, there are certain things in life, that are so simply obvious that sane people do not waste time arguing. I don't try to argue with people who believe the white race is superior to all others. I don't debate with folks who think Jews are evil and control all the world's banks. I don't dicker over the facts with people who think man/dog sexual relations are acceptable. And likewise, I don't attempt to have a serious discussion with climate change deniers. You're clearly an ignorant person; no one who isn't actively trying to reject obvious truth can argue climate change isn't occuring from man-made reasons. You're an idiot shoegaze fan on a nightclub's message board, shut the hell up.

THat said, I'll grant you certain details of the Gore doctorine are up for debate. Namely, this world needs to wrap its head around the ugly truth that one of, if not the biggest cause, of man made climate change is obesity worldwide, but no one wants to hear it.

WTF is a "doctorine".

Arguments lose credibility when there's obvious misspelling/ word comprehension used.

Jaguar

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2010, 05:00:26 pm »
Julian - pick your designer. Not important.

Julian, please don't try to play mind games by inferring that I believe any of that other crap you loaded up that other paragraph with. You know what they say about the word 'assume'. You've alreaady made an 'ass' of yourself. Don't falsely try to make one of me or anyone else here.

Julian, you care nothing of this debate other than that you see it as a chance to attack yet another board member to make your miserable little life appear that much better. Even though that only works within your own warped mind.

So do us all a favor and go take a nice long hike in all that cold snow.

James Ford

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2010, 05:00:39 pm »

the snow isn't even supposed to start for four hours...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2010, 05:03:31 pm »
pick your designer. Not important.
woah lets not talk crazy now
o/\o

Jaguar

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2010, 05:03:57 pm »

;D ;D ;D

We're practicing.

Jaguar

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2010, 05:05:17 pm »
pick your designer. Not important.
woah lets not talk crazy now

Yes. I must concede. You got me on that one.  :-\

I will defer to Julian's preferences on this.

James Ford

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2010, 05:06:49 pm »

;D ;D ;D

We're practicing.

Julian's already giving you his 2-4 inches worth.

Jaguar

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2010, 05:09:02 pm »

;D ;D ;D

We're practicing.

Julian's already giving you his 2-4 inches worth.

LOL

You're being kind.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2010, 05:13:42 pm »
But do be aware that there are plenty of entities out there trying to profit off of your (not you personsonally, but in a genral public sense) fears of 'man-made global warming' and one's lack of knowledge of any real truths.

Again, preserve and protect the planet but know the difference between your good intentions and some corporate scam meant to rob you of your hard earned money while doing nothing to protect the planet.

the real profiteering that is going on right now is on the part of oil & coal companies, the car manufacturers, heavy industry, industrial agriculture, etc.  they make MASSIVE profits off spewing as much CO2 and other GHG as they like, and we pay the consequences.

I don't know what you know or don't. I just know that the average person knows very little about the subject other than what the progaganda machines, who have a corporate agenda, want them to know; or rather, 'think'.

like the corporate agendas of oil & coal companies, the car manufacturers, heavy industry, industrial agriculture, etc.  jag, i didn't realize you were on their side.

::) are you kidding me?  You do realize that in the entire world, there are only a very small handful of scientists that do not believe global warming is happening, right?

Oh, there is much more than 'a handful'.

compared to the thousands who believe it is happening, the few dozen on that wiki page do in fact constitute "a handful".  they are massively in the minority. 

so when is that snow supposed to start?
<sig>