Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1898041 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4035 on: April 28, 2016, 05:08:16 pm »
you have a charger at your office

I do.  And I can put one in my garage at home.  But....

I drive to Sacramento at least twice a month - 85 mile trip each way.

I drive to The OC about 4 times a year.  ~450 a year.

About once every two weeks I have a trip around the bay from event to event that racks up 100+ miles before I get back to work or home. 

At least for me the daily range has got to be 200 miles or it's a non-starter.

27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #4036 on: April 28, 2016, 05:39:13 pm »
So vansmack has to drive to Sactown.  Do you have to drive thru the jungle?

vansmack

« Reply #4037 on: April 28, 2016, 06:43:16 pm »
So vansmack has to drive to Sactown.  Do you have to drive thru the jungle?

Despite going there often, my knowledge of Sacto is limited to the Capitol, the Citizen Hotel, Frank Fat's, Chops and Harlowe's.

I've never even been to a game a Raley field.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4038 on: May 05, 2016, 11:31:41 am »
discussion of the californian legal system + pop princess = a story made for smackie.

For years, the life of one of the world?s most successful pop stars has been controlled by a court-approved conservatorship, designed for people who cannot take care of themselves.

IS BRITNEY SPEARS READY TO STAND ON HER OWN?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4039 on: May 05, 2016, 12:19:42 pm »
discussion of the californian legal system + pop princess = a story made for smackie.

For years, the life of one of the world?s most successful pop stars has been controlled by a court-approved conservatorship, designed for people who cannot take care of themselves.

IS BRITNEY SPEARS READY TO STAND ON HER OWN?

I've got a flight in a few hours and this is a PERFECT read for it.  Thanks!
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4040 on: May 05, 2016, 01:21:35 pm »
Wait, what?

Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.

?The software is functioning as intended,? said Amber.
?Wait,? I asked, ?so it?s supposed to delete my personal files from my internal hard drive without asking my permission??
?Yes,? she replied.
27>34

Yada

« Reply #4041 on: May 05, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »
Wait, what?

Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.

?The software is functioning as intended,? said Amber.
?Wait,? I asked, ?so it?s supposed to delete my personal files from my internal hard drive without asking my permission??
?Yes,? she replied.

I really don't care all that much as I haven't used an Apple product since the mid 00's, but is this whole kerfuffle user error and someone didn't check the right box or is Apple ACTUALLY PULLING MUSIC OFF PEOPLE'S COMPUTERS???

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4042 on: May 05, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »
Something doesn't add up this article.. is this only if use their cloud services?  Guess I'd better back stuff up...
T.Rex

« Reply #4043 on: June 06, 2016, 11:38:12 pm »
so let's just say you had a $500 budget for a flatscreen (thinking 50 inch) and $200 budget for a soundbar...what would be the best value in the market today

slack

vansmack

« Reply #4044 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:01 am »
so let's just say you had a $500 budget for a flatscreen (thinking 50 inch) and $200 budget for a soundbar...what would be the best value in the market today

You sir, are why Vizio exists.  You probably aren't going to find a 4K in that range at that size, but plenty of 1080p 50inch models are between $450 and $500.  Probably the D50-D1.

Sound bars are a little different because it depends on what you're trying to do.  Sound just from the TV or is it your primary sound from your mobile devices as well?  5.1 sound?
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4045 on: June 07, 2016, 12:00:59 pm »
I'd say that you have a $700 budget for a flatscreen and $0 for a soundbar.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN50KU6300FXZA

vansmack

« Reply #4046 on: June 07, 2016, 12:13:19 pm »
I'd say that you have a $700 budget for a flatscreen and $0 for a soundbar.

Let's talk about this for a second, because I don't necessarily disagree.

However, we don't know how he's currently getting sound from his TV and mobile devices.

So, how often do you really benefit from or use your 4K?  I use it to show 4K movies I've made with my 4K capable devices and on the rare occasion I'll watch a movie in 4K when it's free or cost effective, but right now I'm not paying the premium for 4K movies. I would probably use it more often if my 4K TV wasn't utilizing a DirecTV Wireless Receiver and was actually hooked up to my 4K capable box (wired), but that's not going to happen with the layout of our front room.

I use my soundbar multiple times a day.   
27>34

« Reply #4047 on: June 07, 2016, 12:28:46 pm »

You sir, are why Vizio exists.  You probably aren't going to find a 4K in that range at that size, but plenty of 1080p 50inch models are between $450 and $500.  Probably the D50-D1.

Sound bars are a little different because it depends on what you're trying to do.  Sound just from the TV or is it your primary sound from your mobile devices as well?  5.1 sound?

Ok good advice on the flat screen
What if I just went down to 48 inches and up $50
VIZIO SmartCast E-Series E48u-D0 48"-Class UHD LED Home Theater Display 
says 4k ultrahd...but the specs say:UHD 3840 x 2160 LED Panel

as for the 4k honestly not really that big of a deal.  I do think 1080P would be sufficient fidelity for me
current TV I have is 27 inch Wide 480p (the horror!!)

As for the sound bar, we really don't have a stereo system set up where the tv will be
And space is a premium where it is going, so no room for a receiver and then running speaker wire and speakers

Kinda felt the sound bar was the way to go as I keep hearing that the speaker that come with any Flatscreen are about as good as my laptop speakers and sound bar is a good upgrade for that.
5.1 sound really would be nice, but not essential...but some modicum of surround sound that I've heard that mid range soundbars can do

I would like it if I can wirelessly connect to stream music to the sound bar, but not a deal breaker

I have this for streaming my music

Marley Get together...and I've been extremely happy with it
Could possibly use with the TV...but then I would have it to move around with

Edit...also didn't realize I could go wireless 5.1 in the $250 range
VIZIO S5451w-C2 5.1 Channel Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Surrounds (2014 Model)
 VIZIO
Link: http://amzn.com/B00SMBGGV6
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:45:19 pm by SideBatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 👻 👻 🍺 »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4048 on: June 07, 2016, 12:52:17 pm »
If you're willing to go up $50, then I would buy the E50u-D2 from from B&H where your tax savings would make it a wash ($569).  The SmartCast feature will make that worth it alone.

In addition, they announced a new lineup of Soundbars this morning.  The 3.0 or the 2.1 with the subwoofer will both be a marked improvement over your bluetooth speaker. 
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4049 on: June 07, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »
Edit...also didn't realize I could go wireless 5.1 in the $250 range
VIZIO S5451w-C2 5.1 Channel Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Surrounds (2014 Model)
 VIZIO
Link: http://amzn.com/B00SMBGGV6

Depends on how often you plan to use it for music only.  The 5.1 is strong for your TV, but a bluetooth only connection for your music will be disappointing compared to using the cast features over WiFi.
I would avoid bluetooth for music if possible.
27>34