Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 467868 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3510 on: November 06, 2020, 01:47:47 pm »
The Julian Decision Desk is predicting Stage 4 Cancer to be the victor in its battle against Rush Limbaugh.
LVMH

« Reply #3511 on: November 06, 2020, 02:11:45 pm »
and now we get Taco Trucks on every corner!!!
thank goodness...but will Biden deliver on this campaign promise?

So will it be all 4 corners at an intersection...or is one corner enough?

What about 7 corners? 

What about long stretches of road that don't have corners

We need to know these answers
slack

« Reply #3512 on: November 06, 2020, 03:19:26 pm »
More time for retrospection later but for as wild as this election cycle seemed, its honestly exactly what we all would've called at the midterms.

Who were the Democrats most likely to nominate in 2018? Joe Biden. There was a wild, contracted battle for the nomination, but ultimately it was Joe Biden who led in polls virtually wire-to-wire.

Who did we speculate would be Joe Biden's running mate? Kamala Harris.  There was a wild, contracted battle for the nomination, but ultimately it was Kamala Harris.

What was Biden's path to victory? Winning back PA, MI, and WI which he was uniquely equipped to do as a white, son of the Midwest. What did he flip? PA, MI, and WI.

Like this election cycle seems wild and vitriolic and all that but we are exactly at where we predicted in 2018. Like Georgia (likely) going blue is the one thing off script.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3513 on: November 06, 2020, 03:22:50 pm »
The Julian Decision Desk is predicting Stage 4 Cancer to be the victor in its battle against Rush Limbaugh.

Praise the Lord for letting him lie long enough the see a Trump defeat.

Space Freely

« Reply #3514 on: November 06, 2020, 03:24:18 pm »
More time for retrospection later but for as wild as this election cycle seemed, its honestly exactly what we all would've called at the midterms.

Who were the Democrats most likely to nominate in 2018? Joe Biden. There was a wild, contracted battle for the nomination, but ultimately it was Joe Biden who led in polls virtually wire-to-wire.

Who did we speculate would be Joe Biden's running mate? Kamala Harris.  There was a wild, contracted battle for the nomination, but ultimately it was Kamala Harris.

What was Biden's path to victory? Winning back PA, MI, and WI which he was uniquely equipped to do as a white, son of the Midwest. What did he flip? PA, MI, and WI.

Like this election cycle seems wild and vitriolic and all that but we are exactly at where we predicted in 2018. Like Georgia (likely) going blue is the one thing off script.

And quite possibly Arizona. Maybe thanks in part to his shit-talking of John McCain.

hutch

« Reply #3515 on: November 06, 2020, 03:29:11 pm »
I can’t wait to hash out my post mortem!!

But it is true that change in America is very slow and incremental

Part of the reason I cannot stand the looney left and their pie in the sky approach...they just don’t recognize the country I see around me

The US is very conservative about making changes...it’s infuriating but it’s true

« Reply #3516 on: November 06, 2020, 03:31:15 pm »
But trump is not a conservative
or by what that word used to mean
slack

hutch

« Reply #3517 on: November 06, 2020, 03:36:25 pm »
I wrote conservative about change.

I don’t mean someone who is against legalized abortion, government services, etc

I am not saying the US is conservative (like Republican self professed policies)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3518 on: November 06, 2020, 04:36:41 pm »

really?  because after the blue wave of 2018, a lot of folks on the left were giddy at the prospect of thumping trump in 2020.  proof: there is widespread disappointment that the expected blue wave didn't materialize this year.

iowa, new hampshire and nevada would like to have a word with you.

she was indeed a top contender all along, but you can't look back and say that the position was hers to lose.  a lot of other contenders had their moments in the spotlight.

i dunno, man.  hindsight is 2020.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3519 on: November 06, 2020, 04:47:03 pm »
someone just texted me that "Fox has called Penn in favor of Biden, president-elect to address nation tonight" - can anyone confirm??
<sig>

« Reply #3520 on: November 06, 2020, 04:47:35 pm »
Paragraph 1: The "expected blue wave" (winning florida, winning texas, winning Ohio, "SOUTH CAROLINA IS IN PLAY") is something we started thinking about in earnest around the time of Debate #1. My whole point is, for all the madness, we reverted to probably the most Frank Turner-esque predictions in 2018.

Paragraph 2: OK, "wire to wire" is maybe not accurate. Biden was the favorite in 2018, he was the favorite all of 2019, there maybe existed 2 weeks where people questioned if Joe Biden would be the nominee. And again, to your point, this FEELS like so much happened, but it was literally super static the entire time.

Paragraph 3: Didn't say it was always hers to lose. I'm saying she was the  favorite for the VP spot as soon as it was clear it was Biden, and it did turn up being her. This is my point -- this all kinda went exactly to script.
LVMH

« Reply #3521 on: November 06, 2020, 04:48:11 pm »
someone just texted me that "Fox has called Penn in favor of Biden, president-elect to address nation tonight" - can anyone confirm??
Not on my TV.
LVMH

« Reply #3522 on: November 06, 2020, 05:09:17 pm »
The amount of emails I've received from the Ossoff campaign for the $10 I sent them a few months ago is really not proportional
I would say easily over 100
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3523 on: November 06, 2020, 05:09:37 pm »
so i got an update - my texter was talking about Decision Desk, not Fox News.  apparently DD made this call this morning at 8:50 am?  they have declared Biden to be president-elect.

https://www.vox.com/21552641/joe-biden-wins-pennsylvania-decision-desk

www.270towin.com/news
<sig>

« Reply #3524 on: November 06, 2020, 05:19:32 pm »
Interesting stat
While Arlington went 80.73% for Joe

Precinct: 011 - EAST FALLS CHURCH - went for trump
Biden  156     47.56%
Trump 159     48.48%

That's not even North Arlington!

https://results.elections.virginia.gov/vaelections/2020%20November%20General/Site/Locality/ARLINGTON_COUNTY/President_and_Vice_President.html

I think this is only in person Election day votes...as 2016 stats for 011 went 74% for Hillary
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:22:10 pm by illegally cast-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack