Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3246056 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7995 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:12 pm »
if you're about to travel to a new city and you want to hit up a few beer spots, i recommend downloading the Brew Guru app from the AHA (do not watch that embarrassingly bad video). it has a map that uses the Brewer's Association database of breweries and beer bars. 

do not download it right now - you get a 30 day free trial after you download it, so save those 30 days until you need them (i.e. are about to go on a trip).  after the free trial, i believe the app will stop working without an AHA membership ($37/year - depending how much & where you spend on beer, you can easily make this back via the discounts available to AHA members, as noted in the Brew Guru's map).
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #7996 on: March 09, 2017, 02:06:06 pm »
Speaking of rar - their ChopDank Imperial Pale Ale (10.2%!) drops Saturday - Dank Day in Cambridge.  It's only brewed once a year.  Damn, I wish I lived on the Eastern Shore.

Yada

« Reply #7997 on: March 09, 2017, 02:32:49 pm »
Savor
June 2 & 3
https://www.savorcraftbeer.com/
$135

Ticket Sale Dates
Member pre-sale: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 via Ticketmaster
Public sale: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 via Ticketmaster

SAVOR ticket sales are limited to four tickets per night, per order. To participate in the member pre-sale, you must be an American Homebrewers Association or Brewers Association member by March 12, 2017.

a wise man once named hutch once said, crusty bread...

http://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=19630.msg459962#msg459962

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7998 on: March 09, 2017, 03:09:09 pm »
you didn't have any ticketing info, including presales <-- value-added!!!
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #7999 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:26 am »
Purchased my first crowler, thanks to downtown Crown.  Wings of Armageddon!  Psyched to enjoy while watching the madness that is March!

hutch

« Reply #8000 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:34 pm »
thehamilton just sent me this
Monday, April 10 - Wednesday, April 12
Three nights, three bands, three unique beers. In conjunction with this year's Craft Brewers Conference returning to DC, we have partnered with several independent breweries to bring you a hand-picked lineup of regional bands. Each night our menu will feature a unique beer from a brewery that we specifically paired with the evening's performer. Check out the full list of artists and participating breweries below!

Just Announced
Image - Featured Image (Split)
Lagunitas presents Low Cut Connie
Monday, April 10

The Band

Philadelphia's own Low Cut Connie is purebred rock and roll in every sense of the word. Front man Adam Weiner belts out lyrics while banging on the keys of his trusty piano Shondra (named in tribute to a dancer from Atlanta's infamous Clermont Lounge). Rolling Stone described the band's debut album as "what indie rock might sound like were it invented in Alabama in the late Fifties." The magazine's review of their sophomore release only gets more colorful, calling the band's sound ""like Jerry Lee Lewis if he'd had his first religious experience at a Replacements show." If you can't imagine what that sounds like, you best get your tickets and witness it for yourself.

The Beer

Over 20 the last years Lagunitas has gone from a hidden treasure, celebrated by local diehards to the sixth highest grossing craft brewery in 2015, and during that period the company has continued to stay true to its independent roots and spirit. From its inception, the brewery has made its mission to bring people together & become a part of the cultural conversation. Lagunitas is a close partner and frequent sponsor of NPR, including the popular Tiny Desk Series, and in 2012 they opened an outdoor performance space at their flagship Petaluma brewing facility and tasting room.

Button - Buy Tickets
Ommegang presents The Felice Brothers
Tuesday, April 11

The Band

Last year's Life in The Dark was a big milestone for Americana quintet The Felice Brothers. The album coincided with the band's 10th anniversary and marked lucky number 13 in their expanding list of studio recordings. Not bad for a group whose origins include busking at New York City subway stops. These two brothers and three friends simply have fun playing American roots music, and you'll have fun watching them.

The Beer

Cooperstown has more than just baseball. When Ommegang first opened its doors in 1997, it became the first American farmstead brewery in over a century. Located in upstate New York on 136 acres of former hop farms, Ommegang specializes in Belgian-style ales. Their popularity has continued to rise, at times even out-pacing supply. The brewery is now distributed nationally to 46 states, including our own Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia!

Button - Buy Tickets
Terrapin presents Roadkill Ghost Choir
Wednesday, April 12

The Band

A seamless blend of ephemeral post-punk with rustic Americana makes Roadkill Ghost Choir unlike anything you've heard before. Numerous critics have drawn comparisons between lead singer Andrew Shepard and Tom Petty, in vocal style and lyrical sensibilities, but sonically the group skews more towards contemporaries My Morning Jacket and The War on Drugs. Electric guitars soaked in reverb and spacious synth drones complament Shepard's folksy songwriting to create an expansive, immersive sound suited for festival stages and arenas, which explains why notable festivals including Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, South by Southwest, Governor's Ball, and Firefly Music Festival have all included Roadkill Ghost Choir in their lineup. Lucky for you, here's the chance to see them in a small, intimate setting on our stage.

The Beer

If you haven't figured it out by now, we are big Deadheads here at The Hamilton Live. So, it only makes sense that we chose to partner for evening with Terrapin, a brewery which takes its name from the Grateful Dead album Terrapin Station. The brewery is based out of Athens, GA, a college town that has long served as hotbed for alternative music in the Southeast; home to such acts as REM, of Montreal, The Whigs, and The Drive-By Truckers.

Bagley

« Reply #8001 on: March 10, 2017, 12:36:55 pm »
Felice Brothers are always a good time

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #8002 on: March 10, 2017, 03:20:55 pm »
Bought a four-pack of Diamondback Green Machine and was very impressed - never had anything by them before. It's not "OMG best thing ever" but it's great being able to walk into a store and buy a local, NE-style IPA without having to wait in line at a brewery.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8003 on: March 10, 2017, 03:24:38 pm »
thehamilton just sent me this
Monday, April 10 - Wednesday, April 12
Three nights, three bands, three unique beers.

were there images that went along with this that featured actual beers, and not breweries?  or is it a case of them featuring those breweries?  if so, will they just be serving their usual lineups?  so many questions.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #8004 on: March 11, 2017, 02:42:00 pm »
SpeakEasy apparently ceased operations yesterday. Looking for a creditor lifeline.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8005 on: March 13, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »
dance music n' beer:

U Street Music Hall presents
DIRTYBIRD BBQ DC
Saturday May 13, 2017
DC Brau Brewery
3178-B Bladensburg Rd NE

TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY MARCH 15 at 3 PM EDT

This event is 18+

https://www.facebook.com/events/879725408836309/
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #8006 on: March 13, 2017, 05:19:02 pm »
SpeakEasy apparently ceased operations yesterday. Looking for a creditor lifeline.

Mediocre beer + aggressive expansion at a time of increasing competition and more discerning drinkers = bankruptcy

hutch

« Reply #8007 on: March 13, 2017, 11:03:24 pm »
^I proclaim Brennser our resident beer industry analyst...thank you Brenn

Space Freely

« Reply #8008 on: March 14, 2017, 09:42:32 am »

There is no denying that Brennser knows his stuff when it comes to beer.

brennser

« Reply #8009 on: March 14, 2017, 10:05:32 am »

There is no denying that Brennser knows his stuff when it comes to beer.

awwww, shucks guys - thanks!