Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314988 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1485 on: July 09, 2015, 03:40:59 pm »
mudhoney last night at black cat..show started way too early..other than that great time... even go to talk to arm for a while and get him to sign my green river lp...

the last mudhoney album, vanishing point, is great stuff....

Do you bring albums with you to the show?

walk,on,by

« Reply #1486 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:46 pm »
I only thought, 15 years old girls did that, in the eighties.

« Reply #1487 on: July 10, 2015, 09:48:17 pm »
last night at black cat..

nice see his hutchness, with a post show report no less
slack

dyecraig

« Reply #1488 on: July 11, 2015, 10:58:12 am »
I only thought, 15 years old girls did that, in the eighties.
i've only had one unpleasant experience doing that and it was in the 80's - i'm talking to you, chuck mangione.

hutch

« Reply #1489 on: July 11, 2015, 01:23:04 pm »
mudhoney last night at black cat..show started way too early..other than that great time... even go to talk to arm for a while and get him to sign my green river lp...

Do you bring albums with you to the show?

sometimes..if i really like the act and want to get something signed...yes...

not always though...i mean if you are seeing the foo fighters at verizon you know it ain't gonna happen...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1490 on: July 14, 2015, 10:09:04 am »
So where are the Taylor Swift reviews?  I saw the gaggle of Pre-teens waiting to get on metro last night and figured one would be forthcoming...
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1491 on: July 14, 2015, 10:30:38 am »
So where are the Taylor Swift reviews?  I saw the gaggle of Pre-teens waiting to get on metro last night and figured one would be forthcoming...
She plays virtually no old songs. It's 1989 in its entirety with Love Song, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and I Knew You Were Trouble mixed in. NOTHING off the first or third LPs and only one off the 2nd (which is arguably her most popular).
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1492 on: July 14, 2015, 10:49:42 am »
so, who's ready to pointlessly hate on dave grohl, again?

Dave Grohl Gave A Fan The Best Birthday Ever By Inviting Him Onstage To Play Drums
http://uproxx.com/music/2015/07/dave-grohl-fan-drums/
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1493 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:14 am »
Smackie will be very disappointed in that review... And no mention of the special guest?
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1494 on: July 14, 2015, 11:00:24 am »
Smackie will be very disappointed in that review... And no mention of the special guest?
For the record, I went to the Raleigh show last month, not the Nats Park show(s). I do surmise from my facebook feed that Lorde guest-appeared last night.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #1495 on: July 14, 2015, 11:11:09 am »
She plays virtually no old songs. It's 1989 in its entirety with Love Song, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and I Knew You Were Trouble mixed in. NOTHING off the first or third LPs and only one off the 2nd (which is arguably her most popular).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/the-precocious-country-teen-singer-is-gone-grown-up-taylor-swift-rules-pop/2015/07/13/6a28711a-29a4-11e5-a250-42bd812efc09_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Yada

« Reply #1496 on: July 14, 2015, 11:35:06 am »
from the VIP boxes at Nats Stadium, Taylor put on one of the best shows of the summer.

dyecraig

« Reply #1497 on: July 14, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »

did you catch kid congo?
i always just manage to miss him and regret it.
spotted him in the lobby at the nick cave show at d.a.r. last summer and understand he sometimes works at som records.
i'm sure he would sign something.
http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/dc/2015/07/tvd-live-mudhoney-and-kid-congo-and-the-pink-monkey-birds-at-the-black-cat-77/#more-268261

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1498 on: July 15, 2015, 07:00:45 am »

Plays?  I didn't think she did anything other than sing songs written for her by professional song writers.  What instrument does she play?
FUKIT

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1499 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:20 am »

did you catch kid congo?
i always just manage to miss him and regret it.
spotted him in the lobby at the nick cave show at d.a.r. last summer and understand he sometimes works at som records.
i'm sure he would sign something.
http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/dc/2015/07/tvd-live-mudhoney-and-kid-congo-and-the-pink-monkey-birds-at-the-black-cat-77/#more-268261
He lived in DC for the past 6 or 7 years maybe?  A while.  But he just moved to Providence RI.  Super nice guy.