Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314911 times)

killsaly

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2190 on: September 02, 2016, 12:36:29 pm »
I sadly missed most of Abigail Williams set, but was able to see an excellent set from death metal maniacs Origin, and a blackened set of evil from Belphegor.

I had to ask what the smell was during the Belphegor set; a friend informed me it was myrrh; like the three wise men.  They also had more animal skulls on the stage than I normally see at a concert. 

hutch

« Reply #2191 on: September 02, 2016, 12:57:18 pm »
/

killsaly

« Reply #2192 on: September 02, 2016, 10:47:37 pm »
?

hutch

« Reply #2193 on: September 02, 2016, 11:13:03 pm »

hutch

« Reply #2194 on: September 02, 2016, 11:33:23 pm »
wow.. just made mistake of checking out Bruce's set list for last night....

just songs 5-12 I would have paid for! my favorite stuff

hutch

« Reply #2195 on: September 02, 2016, 11:36:40 pm »

for me 5-12 would have been a dream

Growin' Up
It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
Spirit in the Night
Lost in the Flood
Kitty's Back
Incident on 57th Street
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

killsaly

« Reply #2196 on: September 03, 2016, 12:19:35 am »
 :o
\-/

blipvurt

« Reply #2197 on: September 03, 2016, 09:14:24 am »
Springsteen was excellent. "Lost in the Flood" was incredible to see/hear. Also "American Skin:41 Shots" was the most chilling and grand protest song performance I've ever seen.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2198 on: September 03, 2016, 09:58:09 am »
Great show. Prob best set list I've seen since my 1st show in 1980. I was 2 deep in the pit center stage.

Springsteen was excellent. "Lost in the Flood" was incredible to see/hear. Also "American Skin:41 Shots" was the most chilling and grand protest song performance I've ever seen.

Yada

« Reply #2199 on: September 07, 2016, 08:48:41 am »
killer set by Khruangbin last night... It also doesn't hurt to watch the sexiest bass player in music for 90 minutes.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2200 on: September 07, 2016, 09:34:11 am »
Got into town late last night and missed the opener. I see they're apparently opening for Teenage Fanclub as well. Were they worth seeing?
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #2201 on: September 07, 2016, 01:23:46 pm »
Television is in the running for best sounding show of the year for me. I was a bit worried going in, as 930 Club has this amazing sound system but sometimes they can go a bit overboard on the bass; to the point where it drowns out almost all other frequencies.  I probably have attended 8 shows at the Club this year, and half were bassy messes in regards to sound.  Not an issue for Television.  It was clear and you could hear every note from both guitars, bass, and the drums.  It was probably the best sounding set that I have heard since Slowdive played the Club.  I went in with very little exposure to their music, and had only listened to Marquee Moon once, so it was fun hearing essentially new to me songs (I sometimes listen to a band and their catalog leading up to a show and sometimes go to it with fresh ears; both experiences are fun).   Since I do not really know their music I cant comment on song selection but what they did play, I enjoyed. 

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2202 on: September 07, 2016, 02:10:56 pm »
Great show. Prob best set list I've seen since my 1st show in 1980. I was 2 deep in the pit center stage.

really enjoyed this show last week. tempted to see it again in Philly...

bearman🐻

« Reply #2203 on: September 07, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »
Television is in the running for best sounding show of the year for me. I was a bit worried going in, as 930 Club has this amazing sound system but sometimes they can go a bit overboard on the bass; to the point where it drowns out almost all other frequencies.  I probably have attended 8 shows at the Club this year, and half were bassy messes in regards to sound.  Not an issue for Television.  It was clear and you could hear every note from both guitars, bass, and the drums.  It was probably the best sounding set that I have heard since Slowdive played the Club.  I went in with very little exposure to their music, and had only listened to Marquee Moon once, so it was fun hearing essentially new to me songs (I sometimes listen to a band and their catalog leading up to a show and sometimes go to it with fresh ears; both experiences are fun).   Since I do not really know their music I cant comment on song selection but what they did play, I enjoyed. 

That Slowdive show was one of the best-sounding concerts I've ever seen.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2204 on: September 07, 2016, 03:01:29 pm »
That Slowdive show was one of the best-sounding concerts I've ever seen.

I wish I knew about these things ahead of time so I'd know which shows to go to.