Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1181537 times)

Yada

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1755 on: August 02, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »
I wouldn't want my kid to play with Jack White's kid. Don't know who the Dan guy is. Is he the singer from the Dan Band?
what a tool.

http://www.stereogum.com/1424591/jack-white-thinks-dan-auerbach-is-ripping-him-off-and-wont-let-their-kids-play-together/franchises/wheres-the-beef/

Black Keys frontman... probably a tool too, but god I loathe Jack White.

atomicfront

« Reply #1756 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »
I wouldn't want my kid to play with Jack White's kid. Don't know who the Dan guy is. Is he the singer from the Dan Band?
what a tool.

http://www.stereogum.com/1424591/jack-white-thinks-dan-auerbach-is-ripping-him-off-and-wont-let-their-kids-play-together/franchises/wheres-the-beef/

Black Keys are ripping the White Stripes off.  Just not doing it very well. 

atomicfront

« Reply #1757 on: August 02, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »
Speaking of beer, did you know that you can now drink beer inside the main room at the 6th and I? I discovered this last night. The beautifuler part is that if I can drink, that means I can chew. Which necessitated me running around the neighborhood for 10 minutes trying to find a store that sells Kodiak. Which I did.

You could always drink in the main room.  They gave you cups with lids. 

No, you couldn't, this is a relatively new phenomenon. You could not drink in the main room when I saw Antony & the Johnsons nor Joanna Newsom.

You could do it last year at Polyphonic Spree. 

James Ford

« Reply #1758 on: August 02, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »
And they both copied the Flat Duojets.

what a tool.

Black Keys are ripping the White Stripes off.  Just not doing it very well. 

Relaxer

« Reply #1759 on: August 02, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »

You could always drink in the main room.  They gave you cups with lids. 

You could do it last year at Polyphonic Spree. 

"always" = "last year" eh?
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1760 on: August 02, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »
I don't know why people are so shocked by Jack White's current behavior. He was exactly over the moon when Entertainment Weekly uncovered via public records his marriage to his "sister".  And that he pled guilty for the beating he gave the guy from the Von Bondies over production credits. Guessthat anger management training he had to take didn't stickwith him...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #1761 on: August 02, 2013, 03:21:21 pm »
I don't know why people are so shocked by Jack White's current behavior. He was exactly over the moon when Entertainment Weekly uncovered via public records his marriage to his "sister".  And that he pled guilty for the beating he gave the guy from the Von Bondies over production credits. Guessthat anger management training he had to take didn't stickwith him...

I guess he is better looking and more talented than everyone else so he figures he can do what he wants. 

atomicfront

« Reply #1762 on: August 02, 2013, 03:25:10 pm »

Don't mess with Mr. White

atomicfront

« Reply #1763 on: August 02, 2013, 03:27:52 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #1764 on: August 02, 2013, 04:38:07 pm »
I guess everyone sneaks out early on Friday afternoon. 

hutch

« Reply #1765 on: August 02, 2013, 05:08:39 pm »
I guess everyone sneaks out early on Friday afternoon. 

wow what the fuck:

According to the court filing, White recently urged Elson to contact their children's private school to have their son placed in a different class from the child of another entertainer whom White "feels has 'ripped off' his music."

The filing also states that White accused Elson of being disrespectful for attending the wedding of another entertainer whom he says also ripped off his music.

hutch

« Reply #1766 on: August 02, 2013, 05:09:16 pm »
everybody is on 66 heading to black sabbath.. people said they'd be leaving at 2 or so..

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1767 on: August 02, 2013, 07:17:17 pm »
It's a shame that all this negative Jack White news is going to over shadow the good he's done recently.  the 250K he gave to the Masonic Temple in Detroit to cover their back taxes, it's a legendary and historic concert venue, etc for the city.  There was the donation he made to Library of Congress for their audio conservation efforts.  And I believe Third Man Records has gotten involved with the smaller Audio conservation effort being started in Detroit.
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1768 on: August 03, 2013, 12:34:03 pm »
jack white wants to be johnny cash . . . so bad.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1769 on: August 03, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »
I'm surprised Jack has 250k to donate.