Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179844 times)

Yada

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3210 on: February 12, 2014, 10:26:19 am »
Don't even get my started on that library lady I once dated.

And atomic's wife does story time at a library? James once lived in the great city of Bawlmore? Hmmm....

James Ford

« Reply #3211 on: February 12, 2014, 10:29:54 am »
Mine was a rental.

And atomic's wife does story time at a library? James once lived in the great city of Bawlmore? Hmmm....

ggw

« Reply #3212 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:58 am »
Mine was a rental.

The library lady was a "rental"?

ggw

« Reply #3213 on: February 12, 2014, 02:57:03 pm »
Can the world please stop talking about Justin Bieber?  Thank you.

Justin Bieber's Wax Figure Groped to Death

atomic

« Reply #3214 on: February 12, 2014, 05:30:12 pm »
2006 Toyota RAV 4 is a junker.  I had one of those cars for a loaner when I took my car in for service once. 
What an amazing example of kismet that is! That you just so happened to have the same year, make, and model car as James Ford once as a rental. The odds against such a thing are really quite staggering, but all in this community are equally lucky that you JUST SO HAPPENED to once drive one of these vehicles and can share your assessment of this vehicle. Just imagine if instead you had been given a 2005 Camry as your loaner: why, you'd have nothing to share assessment-wise on James' car at all as you certainly wouldn't make up such a unverifiable claim. It's just nice that the messageboard Gods sometimes work these sort of things out for us.

Not really that amazing as every time you take a car in for service they give you a loaner plus I go on vacation 3 times a year and get rentals everytime.  I can tell you what skoda and peugets drive like as well.  What is interesting is that I had a new rav4 2006 version as a loaner for 4 weeks.  I got my first oil change and they forgot to tighten the bolt.  They neede to replace my engine..  So I know very well about the car.  I would not be seen in a Camry so that would have never happened.

James Ford

« Reply #3215 on: February 12, 2014, 09:27:24 pm »
I'm going to trust Consumer Reports over Atomic Reports.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/cars/suvs/toyota-rav4-20062012-road-test/14684583001/63260437001/

Also, it's possible you may hae had the 4cylinder, 2 wheel drive. The 6 cylinder, 4wd performs wel, i'm happy to report.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3216 on: February 12, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »
I fucking love my Mercedes.

atomic

« Reply #3217 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:48 pm »
I fucking love my Mercedes.
Autobahn

Which one you have?  I had fun driving the c  on the autobahn

stevewizzle

« Reply #3218 on: February 12, 2014, 11:57:24 pm »
I'm going to trust Consumer Reports over Atomic Reports.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/cars/suvs/toyota-rav4-20062012-road-test/14684583001/63260437001/

Also, it's possible you may hae had the 4cylinder, 2 wheel drive. The 6 cylinder, 4wd performs wel, i'm happy to report.

i drove the shit out of a rav4 in oregon a few years back. i took that grocery-carrying wanna-be minivan offroading through the mud and snow and mountains because it was the only AWD rental the airport had. drove like a champ.   seriously. was one of my favorite rides i've had.

James Ford

« Reply #3219 on: February 13, 2014, 09:21:10 am »
I just measured nine inches. Appears to be a lot of snow out there, too.

Yada

« Reply #3220 on: February 13, 2014, 09:36:21 am »
I just measured nine inches. Appears to be a lot of snow out there, too.

Bout time we get a real storm here.

Yada

« Reply #3221 on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:02 am »
I take the commuter train to work. A train comes every 30 minutes. As I walk to the train platform, I always see grown middle aged men sitting in their cars blasting the heat waiting for the train's arrival time. They're pussies and they need to dress warmer. But I  get it. If my 19 year old car had heat, I might do the same thing.

What I don't get is why a couple of them absolutely blast their car radio (always morning talk radio) to the point that you can be walking 20 feet away from the person's car and hear the radio loud and clear through the closed windows. Does the heater make such a loud sound in car that this must be done?

Maybe they are getting pumped up for the day.  You take a train to the subway?  And you have a 19 year old car? Ouch. I bought a new car last night.  It wasn't the Audi I wanted but I sacrificed for the kid and got a smaller BMW.  My payment went down and I have better gas mileage.  You might have influenced me a bit.  I hope the kid when he poops out appreciates me downgrading.

Maybe we should have a auto thread.  I love cars.  We are dudes so we all love cars right? 

I wonder how atomic's rear wheel drive 3 series is handling the snow today?

atomic

« Reply #3222 on: February 13, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
I take the commuter train to work. A train comes every 30 minutes. As I walk to the train platform, I always see grown middle aged men sitting in their cars blasting the heat waiting for the train's arrival time. They're pussies and they need to dress warmer. But I  get it. If my 19 year old car had heat, I might do the same thing.

What I don't get is why a couple of them absolutely blast their car radio (always morning talk radio) to the point that you can be walking 20 feet away from the person's car and hear the radio loud and clear through the closed windows. Does the heater make such a loud sound in car that this must be done?

Maybe they are getting pumped up for the day.  You take a train to the subway?  And you have a 19 year old car? Ouch. I bought a new car last night.  It wasn't the Audi I wanted but I sacrificed for the kid and got a smaller BMW.  My payment went down and I have better gas mileage.  You might have influenced me a bit.  I hope the kid when he poops out appreciates me downgrading.

Maybe we should have a auto thread.  I love cars.  We are dudes so we all love cars right? 

I wonder how atomic's rear wheel drive 3 series is handling the snow today?

I have all wheel drive and I am out of town.  Zero inches of snow here. 

slappy

« Reply #3223 on: February 13, 2014, 01:10:07 pm »
Any know-it-alls driven a recent rav4 or Forrester? Debating between the two.

Yada

« Reply #3224 on: February 13, 2014, 02:24:39 pm »
Any know-it-alls driven a recent rav4 or Forrester? Debating between the two.

Heh... I actually test drove a Forrester in early January and it drove like a Honda Civic, no lie at all... maybe I'm used to a V6 engine, but it felt like I was driving around a plastic box.