Author Topic: Friends with Benefits  (Read 137901 times)

vansmack

Re: Friends with Benefits
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2013, 06:56:45 pm »
i did not ask for any certain size nor were we given the option? maybe the medium was sent to women as a matter of course? regardless, i am happy.

Maybe they're just going to send out random sizes and say "Hey, if you got the wrong size just exchange it at the Club next time you're at a show."

After all, a friend wouldn't mind coming down to the club.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:25 pm »
Yeah, mine showed up today too.  And the shirt was a medium, so I'm happy.

i did not ask for any certain size nor were we given the option? maybe the medium was sent to women as a matter of course? regardless, i am happy.

just got my ish in the mail. it came with the quickness. best part - the shirt is a M!

wow.. a medium! that is great.. did you have to ask for a medium somewhere?

do they send medium's to women as a matter of course?

Darth Ed

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2013, 11:50:03 pm »
Wait... We get T-shirts?! I didn't see anything when signing up about getting a free T-shirt. I thought you had to collect points and then redeem them for a free T-shirt.

nkotb

« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2013, 11:56:03 pm »
I think it's only for the sub-100 club, so Miss P and I will probably just be sporting ours in the VIP lounge while you watch you peons from above.

Wait... We get T-shirts?! I didn't see anything when signing up about getting a free T-shirt. I thought you had to collect points and then redeem them for a free T-shirt.

nkotb

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2013, 10:15:44 am »
Also pretty excited to use my card on my first purchase of 2013: Rufus Wainwright with my mom.  First show I've ever been to with her since she took me to see GNR in elementary school.  Should be...something.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20:45 am »
It was right on the front page next to the cupcake, I guess they ran out of shirts.

http://www.930.com/friends/
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:17 am »
It was right on the front page next to the cupcake, I guess they ran out of shirts.

wow .. no more shirts....

nkotb

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:15 am »
In a weird coincidence, I just happen to have listed my M, fresh out of the mail, shirt on eBay.

hutch

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2013, 10:42:45 am »
In a weird coincidence, I just happen to have listed my M, fresh out of the mail, shirt on eBay.

I just hope I don't get outbid!

James Ford

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2013, 11:00:13 am »
Wait a minute. Your mom is opening for Rufus Wainwright? Who'd she have to blow to get that gig?

Also pretty excited to use my card on my first purchase of 2013: Rufus Wainwright with my mom.  First show I've ever been to with her since she took me to see GNR in elementary school.  Should be...something.

nkotb

« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2013, 11:04:50 am »
Obviously not Rufus.

Of course, the next big question: do the purchases show up automatically in my account or do I have to do something special?

Wait a minute. Your mom is opening for Rufus Wainwright? Who'd she have to blow to get that gig?

James Ford

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2013, 11:20:36 am »
I think Rufus can answer that one for you.

Obviously not Rufus.

Of course, the next big question: do the purchases show up automatically in my account or do I have to do something special?

K8teebug

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2013, 11:59:06 am »
It said shirt when I signed up.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »
I've never really understood why the club is doing this. 

All indications are that money is pouring in:  the club is booked most nights, shows are selling out, ticket prices are rising and people are drinking.  I get that there's an element of free "grassroots" advertising with all the branded merch, but this seems like a huge pain in the ass to administer with some small and dubious payback. 

Does this program bring new concert-goers to the club?  Is there a glut of cupcakes and beanies that have to go?  Is this a way to collect more data on who exactly comes to the club?  I'm all about the club - its one of my favorite places to see a band - but I wonder how many people would rather pay $1 less for their ticket than get a free cupcake once a year.  That said, I'll be first in line on my birthday....

So, when's that members only presale again?  ;D

nkotb

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2013, 12:54:08 pm »
Ok, guess the points just show up.  That's nice!

I think Rufus can answer that one for you.

Obviously not Rufus.