Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1312770 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1350 on: May 20, 2015, 01:20:25 pm »
Kinda hoping that Space is going to give us critique of the My Little Pony cannon and it's influence on The Youth of Today 

You forgot to logout of your Julian account.

Space Freely

« Reply #1351 on: May 20, 2015, 01:24:59 pm »
Kinda hoping that Space is going to give us critique of the My Little Pony cannon and it's influence on The Youth of Today 

Are you referring to its alleged overriding (pun intended) libertarian tendencies? My daughter's mother does not disapprove.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1352 on: May 20, 2015, 01:57:43 pm »

Absurd. I would cite early Seven Seconds as an influence on Youth of Today, not MLP.
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1353 on: May 20, 2015, 02:00:41 pm »

Also, if you're going to steal my shtick, word it correctly, bro.
LVMH

« Reply #1354 on: May 20, 2015, 03:35:27 pm »

Absurd. I would cite early Seven Seconds as an influence on Youth of Today, not MLP.
I would say Minor Threat were a bigger influence...but those darn ponies they know how to time travel
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1355 on: May 20, 2015, 03:41:24 pm »
What about the circle jerks?  I do that dressed as my little ponies.   Oops, did I say that, out loud.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1356 on: May 29, 2015, 11:40:02 am »
Anyone else go to Death and Obnox? Obnox destroyed. They got an hour set which was a very generous set time for an opener but for a change, I didn't mind! "Less is more" has a few exceptions and Obnox is one! Death played all of their first album  interspersed with some new stuff. They were tight and it was cool to hear the old stuff live. Room was not full but they drew a respectable crowd.
احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #1357 on: June 01, 2015, 12:15:53 am »
Really REALLY enjoyed the Pixies show. Were a few new tunes lackluster? Sure. Was it their best show? No. BUT this was the Pixies at the 9:30. It sounded great, the performance was solid, and Paz did a great job. Is it just me or is David Lovering's drumming better than it has ever been? I thought he was terrific tonight. You can't replace Kim Deal (except with maybe Kim Gordon)...but Paz held her own, and even her vocals were good. The show was paced really well. There were only 1 or 2 moments that I think it could have used a boost. To be honest, I wish they had played more stuff from Trompe le Monde...I loved hearing "The Sad Punk", and "Ana" was such a great surprise too. So much good stuff from the 3rd and 4th LPs. But it was an incredibly fun evening. Thank you Seth!!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1358 on: June 01, 2015, 10:11:50 am »
Really REALLY enjoyed the Pixies show. Were a few new tunes lackluster? Sure. Was it their best show? No. BUT this was the Pixies at the 9:30. It sounded great, the performance was solid, and Paz did a great job. Is it just me or is David Lovering's drumming better than it has ever been? I thought he was terrific tonight. You can't replace Kim Deal (except with maybe Kim Gordon)...but Paz held her own, and even her vocals were good. The show was paced really well. There were only 1 or 2 moments that I think it could have used a boost. To be honest, I wish they had played more stuff from Trompe le Monde...I loved hearing "The Sad Punk", and "Ana" was such a great surprise too. So much good stuff from the 3rd and 4th LPs. But it was an incredibly fun evening. Thank you Seth!!

I thought this was a great, fun, show too. Crowd was a little "hot, Sunday, tired" to begin the evening, but got more into it as it went on.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1359 on: June 05, 2015, 08:55:08 am »
Saw the Decemberists last night.  They put on a great show and nice to see they change up setlist night to night. 

bearman🐻

« Reply #1360 on: June 07, 2015, 09:09:23 am »
Wire was probably the best thing I've seen this year so far. An absolute face-melter of a show. Friends of mine that have been seeing them for years say that it was the best concert they've seen from them.

gavroche

« Reply #1361 on: June 07, 2015, 10:03:34 am »
Wire was probably the best thing I've seen this year so far. An absolute face-melter of a show. Friends of mine that have been seeing them for years say that it was the best concert they've seen from them.

I quite enjoyed this one as well, much better for me than last time they were in town.  Not a lot of crowd interaction but the new stuff it in nicely with the classics.

Refused was also a good time.  The sound wasn't nearly as good as last time at the Fillmore but they seemed to be having a lot more fun.  They waxed poetic about the old DC scene and what it meant to them. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:08:33 am by gavroche »

azaghal1981

« Reply #1362 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
Damn I felt a twinge about missing that Wire show. Easily could've made it after the Boat Burning thing which wrapped up by 9:20.
The last time I saw them (2010 I think) was super uneven.

Boat Burning were excellent. I'd never been enveloped by a wall of sound like that. 70+ guitarists playing in unison surrounding the audience in a high school auditorium.
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1363 on: June 08, 2015, 09:30:09 am »
Tame Imapala were good, but man I am not a fan of echo stage (at least sold out shows). That was my first time there.  Sight lines upstairs are horrible, and the space is so large downstairs, if you are in the back, good luck seeing anything.  Also no free water. Bottled Water only.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1364 on: June 08, 2015, 09:38:19 am »
Tame Imapala were good, but man I am not a fan of echo stage (at least sold out shows). That was my first time there.  Sight lines upstairs are horrible, and the space is so large downstairs, if you are in the back, good luck seeing anything.  Also no free water. Bottled Water only.

Did anyone go to Hot Chip? How was that experience?