Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1312863 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4320 on: February 04, 2022, 12:19:34 pm »
Courtney Barnett was great. Solid setlist, and the sound at the club was spot on. It seemed that the crowd was mostly either younger females or people named Jeff.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4321 on: February 04, 2022, 12:29:45 pm »
why are you assuming that some younger females can't be named Jeff?  We can discuss this further on the Jeff thread if needed.

Courtney Barnett was great. Solid setlist, and the sound at the club was spot on. It seemed that the crowd was mostly either younger females or people named Jeff.

« Reply #4322 on: February 04, 2022, 01:42:14 pm »
My first 2022 show

very fun show, almost the entire new album
some really rocking tunes too (small poppies and Pedestrian at Best!)
we got On Script too from the Kurt vile alubm...although not one of my favs

sound was on point IMO
Was packed mask to ass for sure

they have weird metal detectors at the club outside
Masks were not optional and staph was making sure that was in force

I did only see one bordie Jeff there and I was tempted to 'pull a space' but went up and said Hi

Only regret is I skipped G Love at the hamilton and wish I'd swapped tix to have seen both shows
was pretty much the same set both nights (I only went last night)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 01:54:18 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4323 on: February 04, 2022, 01:47:23 pm »
I did only see one bordie Jeff there and I was tempted to 'pull a space' but went up and said Hi
Was there any connection?
LVMH

« Reply #4324 on: February 04, 2022, 01:48:33 pm »
we did a fist bump
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4325 on: February 04, 2022, 01:49:52 pm »
LVMH

« Reply #4326 on: February 04, 2022, 01:55:07 pm »
we did a fist bump
Did you get butterflies in your stomach when the fists touched?
I think that had more to do with the Half Smoke I had earlier, so hard to tell
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4327 on: February 04, 2022, 06:43:57 pm »
we did a fist bump

and the rest of of the Courtney Barnett tour is postponed due to a positive covid case in the band or touring party

« Reply #4328 on: February 04, 2022, 07:18:21 pm »
we did a fist bump
and the rest of of the Courtney Barnett tour is postponed due to a positive covid case in the band or touring party
So we touched a little tongue

although santa said he spent a good portion of the show in the front row...does that count as a exposure since the band didn't wear masks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:28:14 pm by legitimate political disco ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4329 on: February 10, 2022, 11:10:41 am »
Billie Eilish
Cap One Arena
I took my 25 year old sorta-step daughter to this show. She is a fan, but also I bought these after seeing the Billie documentary. It connected with me. Who knows.
Anyway, the show is an intense sound and light show, with crazy cool video and lights and other production elements that you are not gonna see at a Wilco show.
Sometimes it is stripped down with a couple of acoustic songs: Billie and her brother for one, and Billie alone for one, center stage 15k people, strumming the guitar.
Only critique is that I wanted it to be louder: and more intense.
As usual, stupid clips on the instagrams.

« Reply #4330 on: February 10, 2022, 11:53:47 am »
her show at the Anthem was awesome and loud, from your pics, you look like you were 125 yards away from the stage
two of them are very talented (brother really doesn't get enough credit)
she is just fun to watch on stage
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4331 on: February 10, 2022, 12:12:02 pm »
her show at the Anthem was awesome and loud, from your pics, you look like you were 125 yards away from the stage
two of them are very talented (brother really doesn't get enough credit)
she is just fun to watch on stage

Fair point, I usually don't sit in clublevel.

Yada

« Reply #4332 on: February 14, 2022, 10:47:44 am »
Bonny Light Horseman, 2.11.21, The Strathmore

Half empty venue, I always forget what a gorgeous place that is… but damn, what a dead environment of blue hairs shuffling people around combo’d with not serving drinks due to #Covid.

I don’t recall when this originally went onsale that it was a bill doubled as Anais Mitchell with Bonny Light Horseman. I’m pretty sure that changed at some point, but I could be wrong. The BLH set was beautiful and I could listen to them play music all night. I can’t say for sure, but I’d say they played most of their material.

A quick set break to well… Do nothing and then Anais played a set. While very talented, not my bag at all… Kind of reminded me of a angsty 90’s rock singer song writer combined with maybe Ani DiFranco. She also has a strange tick where she flails here arm in the air every other stanza. All in all, the tri of musicians that make up BLH are incredible, however, don’t think I’ll ever go see them again.

hemisphire

« Reply #4333 on: February 14, 2022, 01:10:56 pm »

Half empty venue, I always forget what a gorgeous place that is… but damn, what a dead environment of blue hairs shuffling people around combo’d with not serving drinks due to #Covid.

I don’t recall when this originally went onsale that it was a bill doubled as Anais Mitchell with Bonny Light Horseman. I’m pretty sure that changed at some point, but I could be wrong. The BLH set was beautiful and I could listen to them play music all night. I can’t say for sure, but I’d say they played most of their material.

A quick set break to well… Do nothing and then Anais played a set. While very talented, not my bag at all… Kind of reminded me of a angsty 90’s rock singer song writer combined with maybe Ani DiFranco. She also has a strange tick where she flails here arm in the air every other stanza. All in all, the tri of musicians that make up BLH are incredible, however, don’t think I’ll ever go see them again.

The singer for BLH was also doing the arm flail thing. It was funnier when they were doing together. I preferred BLH's set as well, but not to the extent of whooping like some in the crowd.

Yada

« Reply #4334 on: February 14, 2022, 01:28:52 pm »

The singer for BLH was also doing the arm flail thing. It was funnier when they were doing together. I preferred BLH's set as well, but not to the extent of whooping like some in the crowd.

Ha... I only noticed Mr. Fruitbats doing that when he didn't have an instrument in hand.