Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10036567 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #28530 on: January 29, 2013, 11:10:40 am »
I would argue long and hard about Carly Rae Jepsen but I just assume everyone already knows how brilliant she is.

maybe, but call me just in case...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #28531 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:33 am »
I think it's funny that two 50 year old men are seriously arguing over contemporary pop music. You can tell that neither of them have children.

Whatever dude.... Bottom line if the music doesn't stir my soul, why should I force myself to like it.  It has nothing to with how popular it is.   

No one else told you had to like popular music.  But the fact that you like shitty bands that no one else likes and you then go on about other acts that actually have talent and are popular it gets pretty old.  I saw Graham Parker in this is 40 and I just knew you would like him. You know why? He is incredibly boring and his music lacks any imagination.  Geez get over yourself already.  You like bad music.  Ok so what.  THe db's? They are one of the least talented bands i have managed to see in the last 35 years.  And it is not only that they aren't talented they are not even trying to do anything original.

But you like them and more power to you for it.  Not everyone has good taste in music and I wouldn't knock you for it.  You know to each his own. But the arrogance that goes along with your bad taste is what gets me.  How you think you are superior for liking boring music.  People who aren't even trying very hard to make good music.  

The hypocrisy in this post is mind boggling.

best/worst poster here

I am not 50.  But I do agree having kids does seem to age you.  Most everyone my age who has kids also seem to have  gray hair

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #28532 on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »
Who needs kids when we've got this forum!?!  :-\

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28533 on: January 29, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »
I think it's funny that two 50 year old men are seriously arguing over contemporary pop music. You can tell that neither of them have children.

Whatever dude.... Bottom line if the music doesn't stir my soul, why should I force myself to like it.  It has nothing to with how popular it is.   

No one else told you had to like popular music.  But the fact that you like shitty bands that no one else likes and you then go on about other acts that actually have talent and are popular it gets pretty old.  I saw Graham Parker in this is 40 and I just knew you would like him. You know why? He is incredibly boring and his music lacks any imagination.  Geez get over yourself already.  You like bad music.  Ok so what.  THe db's? They are one of the least talented bands i have managed to see in the last 35 years.  And it is not only that they aren't talented they are not even trying to do anything original.

But you like them and more power to you for it.  Not everyone has good taste in music and I wouldn't knock you for it.  You know to each his own. But the arrogance that goes along with your bad taste is what gets me.  How you think you are superior for liking boring music.  People who aren't even trying very hard to make good music.  

best/worst poster here

I am not 50.  But I do agree having kids does seem to age you.  Most everyone my age who has kids also seem to have  gray hair
mine keep me young

azaghal1981

« Reply #28534 on: January 29, 2013, 01:01:36 pm »
William Tyler
4/12
9th and Beats

White Lung->William Tyler will be a strange transition.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #28535 on: January 29, 2013, 02:01:20 pm »
But I do agree having kids does seem to age you.

It's funny how you're agreeing with a statement I didn't make.

best/worst poster here

atomicfront

« Reply #28536 on: January 29, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »

best/worst poster here

I was infering that was the point of your statement. 

James Ford

« Reply #28537 on: January 29, 2013, 02:19:21 pm »
The point of my statement was that a 50 year old with kids probably wouldn't be having a multi-day argument on an internet message board about the state of contemporary pop music. Lacking kids, sure, why not. Some people want to be teenagers forever.

best/worst poster here

I was infering that was the point of your statement. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #28538 on: January 29, 2013, 02:22:29 pm »

bearman🐻

« Reply #28539 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:42 pm »
For the love of God, let's not clutter up this thread anymore.

Back to our normal programming:

The Evens will play at St. Stephen's in Washington, D.C. on Friday, February 15th. $5. All Ages.

Yada

« Reply #28540 on: January 29, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »
anything else being announced?

Josh Ritter announced a second night... now there's a singer song writer folks!

wml7

« Reply #28541 on: January 29, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »
She with a Him
Camera Obscura
7/11 wolf trap
 ;D

atomicfront

« Reply #28542 on: January 29, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »
She with a Him
Camera Obscura
7/11 wolf trap
 ;D

Wow!!!! incredible. I guess this will be my first trip to wolf trap. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #28543 on: January 29, 2013, 03:07:02 pm »
will it be empty?

She with a Him
Camera Obscura
7/11 wolf trap
 ;D
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #28544 on: January 29, 2013, 03:12:16 pm »
Much too large of a venue for that show. Who is booking this shit? Oh wait, if Atomicfront is there, it's bound to be packed.

will it be empty?

She with a Him
Camera Obscura
7/11 wolf trap
 ;D