Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243802 times)

atomicfront

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3030 on: July 09, 2013, 11:52:53 pm »
A friend of mine at lunch told me that IPA's are dead.  They have peaked and they are now headed down and craft Cider is the new thing. 

today in scumbag atomicfront...

talks about how his friend tells him IPA's are dead and cider is the new thing.

ignores all the articles out there saying IPAs are the most popular and fastest growing beer, cherry-picks quotes from an article about cider.

"Now it's come roaring back. U.S. hard cider sales are up 65 percent over last year, and just about all the big beer companies sell it, as well as many artisan brewers. Finding cider at your local bar is often no longer a problem.

Among the impressive assortment of beer taps at Two Brothers Tavern in Middlebury, Vt., for example, is one that is bright
green and shaped like an apple. "Sales have probably doubled, tripled in the last two or three years," says Two Brothers bartender Andy Buxton. "It used to bebe nothing. But nowada

little
s probably 30 percent of people who are coming in here are demanding cider, not just asking for it. Even our locals who are drinking Budweiser are starting to switch over to a little bit of cider." 

You are acting as much of a little birch as James.Ford now...do you have a desire to discuss beers or you are you going to post stupid  shit like this all the time? 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:55:09 pm by atomicfront »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3031 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54:03 am »
You are acting as much of a little birch as James.Ford now...

<sig>

fatskippy

« Reply #3032 on: July 10, 2013, 09:45:09 am »
If you guys could ignore atomicfront and his idiotic cries for attention, you could actually have a real discussion about beer...

I had some 2.5 year old Breakfast Stout this weekend, it was pretty bad. I do not suggest aging that one, I don't know why I thought it would get better.

James Ford

« Reply #3033 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:51 am »
Totally agree about the Breakfast Stout. I've held onto it for as long as a year, and even then it's not that good (still think that fresh it's amazing).
If you guys could ignore atomicfront and his idiotic cries for attention, you could actually have a real discussion about beer...

I had some 2.5 year old Breakfast Stout this weekend, it was pretty bad. I do not suggest aging that one, I don't know why I thought it would get better.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #3034 on: July 10, 2013, 10:48:56 am »

Made that mistake too. Fresh/on draft is the way to go with that one.

Popped open a Heady last night. There's a reason why that beer is Number One. I'm already getting depressed that I only have three left.

vansmack

« Reply #3035 on: July 10, 2013, 11:47:15 am »
If you guys could ignore atomicfront and his idiotic cries for attention, you could actually have a real discussion about beer just about anything...

One quick edit, but you're spot on.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #3036 on: July 10, 2013, 09:34:57 pm »
had two at smoke and barrel tonight.

elysian space dust ipa
dc brau everday junglist

digged the space dust, didn't love the junglist.  friend had a stillwater stateside.  stillwater does saisons so well.

James Ford

« Reply #3037 on: July 11, 2013, 08:35:59 am »
Anybody had Founders Rubaeus yet?

brennser

« Reply #3038 on: July 11, 2013, 08:55:57 am »
I picked up a 4 pack yesterday at Magruders - they had it (14.99) and DD (21.99) on the shelf. Have not opened it yet

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3039 on: July 11, 2013, 09:08:32 pm »
speaking of founders . . . this sounds interesting.  my soon to be husband said, "wheres the chips, that sounds like salsa."  indeed.

this is from their facebook site, so i hope the picture comes through.  for some reason i think facebook pictures posted on facebook dont show up here.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3040 on: July 12, 2013, 01:31:17 am »
did y'all see the latest churchkey/B&B newsletter?!?

Great Lakes Brewing Company 25th Anniversary
Tuesday, July 9 at 6 p.m. (missed, but i'm mentioning it anyways)

Sour Sessions, Vol. 7: 30 Wild Ales on Tap
Monday, July 15 at 6 p.m

Monday, July 22 at 4 p.m.:
The British are Coming: 22 Drafts & 7 Casks from Adnams, Brodie?s, Buxton, Wadworth, Ridgeway & Coniston (plus the 1 & only Buxton?s Tsar Bomba Cask in the USA)

Monday, July 29 at 7 p.m.
Birch & Barley hosts the Dogfish Head Ancient Ales Dinner: 5 Courses Paired with 7 Dogfish Ancient Ales

Monday, August 5 at 6 p.m.:
An Evening of Québécois Craft: 22 Cutting-Edge Drafts from Dieu du Ciel, Trou du Diable, Brasserie Dunham & Les Trois Mousquetaires

Friday, August 9 at 6 p.m.:
The 3 Stars Brewing Company 1 Year Anniversary Party featuring 20 Different 3 Stars Drafts & Casks
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3041 on: July 12, 2013, 08:48:54 am »
I'll be in Montreal on the Quebec night. Hope they leave some of the good stuff up there for me!
 ;D
did y'all see the latest churchkey/B&B newsletter?!?

Great Lakes Brewing Company 25th Anniversary
Tuesday, July 9 at 6 p.m. (missed, but i'm mentioning it anyways)

Sour Sessions, Vol. 7: 30 Wild Ales on Tap
Monday, July 15 at 6 p.m

Monday, July 22 at 4 p.m.:
The British are Coming: 22 Drafts & 7 Casks from Adnams, Brodie?s, Buxton, Wadworth, Ridgeway & Coniston (plus the 1 & only Buxton?s Tsar Bomba Cask in the USA)

Monday, July 29 at 7 p.m.
Birch & Barley hosts the Dogfish Head Ancient Ales Dinner: 5 Courses Paired with 7 Dogfish Ancient Ales

Monday, August 5 at 6 p.m.:
An Evening of Québécois Craft: 22 Cutting-Edge Drafts from Dieu du Ciel, Trou du Diable, Brasserie Dunham & Les Trois Mousquetaires

Friday, August 9 at 6 p.m.:
The 3 Stars Brewing Company 1 Year Anniversary Party featuring 20 Different 3 Stars Drafts & Casks

stevewizzle

« Reply #3042 on: July 12, 2013, 11:37:11 am »
i should be there monday night for sour session, and the british event seems cool.

brennser

« Reply #3043 on: July 12, 2013, 02:36:50 pm »
this sounds horrible

speaking of founders . . . this sounds interesting.  my soon to be husband said, "wheres the chips, that sounds like salsa."  indeed.

this is from their facebook site, so i hope the picture comes through.  for some reason i think facebook pictures posted on facebook dont show up here.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3044 on: July 12, 2013, 04:16:16 pm »
I picked up a 4 pack yesterday at Magruders - they had it (14.99) and DD (21.99) on the shelf. Have not opened it yet

i have.  drinks like a lambic, hides alcohol well. its okay.